Have you ever met a Jet player?

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by boozer, Nov 4, 2006.

1. lude

lude New Member

Freeman McNeil at a charity basketball game. I was about 4 and wearing his jersey, and he grabbed me out of the stands and sat me on the bench with him and a handful of Jets. I really only remember him though.

2. 10nyjets87

10nyjets87 New Member

what year was this?

3. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

back when i was living in new york i met a few. I went to training camp one year and met John hall, and accidently ran into Wesley Walker[literally ran into him]. Had no idea it was him, but my dad knew, he was real cool.

Also in the elevator of the apartment building i lived in, i met dedric ward. He was alot bigger then i always thought, looked more like a basketball player

4. wexy

wexy Member

I think it was towards to end of my Hofstra days Fall 75 or 76.

5. ganggreengirl

ganggreengirl New Member

i met wayne and have a great picture of him and I hanging in my office. everyone comes in and says who is that hot guy your with. :)

6. McCareins 81

McCareins 81 New Member

I met J-Mac while he was at NIU for a groundbreaking of the schools new athletic education facility. He was so cool, signed two cards, posed for a picture with me and thanked me for buying he jersey.

Awesome guy

7. genom

genom Active Member

justin miller once denied me a friend request on myspace

8. K. Wright52

K. Wright52 New Member

i met kenyatta wright ...he lives in my home town in oklahoma

9. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Carl Banks was a former exec...he kinda counts lol...lives in the same area as me tho i see him all the time real nice guy...was actually on a flight to hawaii a bunch of years back with my jets hat on and who is on the plane but none other then Wayne Chrebet and his wife. Before he found his seat he actually looked at me and said "nice hat" and when we were at baggage claim stopped to talk to my brother and I for a solid 10 minutes. I mean Wayne was always my Jet but after that he lofted himself into Mattingly status.

10. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Slightly off topic but I figured I'd also throw this out there...ex-Giants used to play the local PBA in an annual softball game every year. Dave Megget was a dick, Sehorn was cool and Oj Anderson and Steven Baker were awesome. Steven Baker hit an absolute bomb and then insisted that his name be changed to the "Home Run Maker"

11. jamesAngleton

jamesAngleton New Member

I was at a bachelor party with Chad Cascaden and he is an absolute deusch. He was working with my buddy at a financial institution. The day started at Belmont Race track. He got wasted and went downhill from there. Everyone hated the guy including the groom to be.

12. ViLmAfAn5128

ViLmAfAn5128 Banned

i've met a giant (strahan) but getting back to the jets, i've met Vilma, Rhodes, and L Coles

13. plinko

plinko Absolute Ruler

i ran into greg buttle last week at duke's in manhattan last week.

14. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

I forgot to add...The Christmas night game in Miami I got close with Coles, Rhodes, Robertson, Ferguson, and Goddard, all were very nice.

15. Beamen

Beamen New Member

When I was younger (about 12) I had a catch with Wesley Walker in the VIP parking lot before a game.. I'm pretty sure that was the freezing cold 2000 game vs the Colts.... That was really cool...

Also, as a kid I went to a Jets kids clinic, and I saw Wesley again there... Other guys who I met there and ran drills with were Emerson Boozer (he was the coolest old guy I ever met), Dave Herman, Glen Foley, and a bunch of scrubs who were on the team at the time.... It was pretty fun...

I've met a lot of other players briefly outside the players lot, but never spent a significant amount of time talking to any of them except for Marty Lyons and Shaun Ellis....

Edit... I forgot to mention, Kevin Mawae and I chatted at the Jets/Giants training camp a few years ago... He had pink braces, which I poked fun at him for.. He was a really cool guy, absolutely hated that the NFL made him take the cross off of his face mask.... I almost got him to drop some expletives when I brought that up...

#55 Beamen, Feb 4, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2007
  16. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

damn man...where you work, i think we all wouldnt mind working there

17. camp80

camp80 New Member

I met Freeman Mc Neil years ago signing autographs at the SI Mall.
    I met Chrebet at DJais in Belmar.

18. slimmjim45

slimmjim45 New Member

i worked at a boat fueling dock(im young, not a failure). chris baker came in all the time. yeah i pumped chris bakers gass. hes a nice guy who likes to fish. he was pissed when we got doug jolly

19. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

hahaha.. me2

20. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

i met curtis martin, chad,cedric houston,allan harper gave me his gloves,vinny t, richie anderson,ronnie lott, deniis byrd,chrebet many times,mo lewis,santana moss,brian washington,johnny johnson, freeman mcneil,ray lucas,chris hayes, j mac,jason ferguson,marcus colmen,aaron and jason glenn, matt farmer,randy thomas,coles,key johnson,ray mickens,marvin jones,jumbo, eric ogobu (sp), dedric ward,leon johnson,byran cox, james farrior, rick mirer,pepper johnson,joe namath, the sack exchange, i ran out the tunnel with the ny jets during the patriots game in 2004 and hung out on the side lines with the team. so i guess you can say i met everyone form the '04 team but i wasnt allowed to speak with them. but everyone else i listed i personally met.i have pics and autographs with each player. also met strahan,sissy simms,megget,frank walker,tiki, emaunal mcdaniel,toomer,hillard,kurt warner, brandon jacobs,tom brady,kevin faulk,daniel graham,corey dillon.
    i def. forgot a handful....

#60 jets94nj, Mar 8, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2007