Hate to be a buzzkill.....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rohirrim665, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Most here have vented...even this guy!

On Washington's injury-

2. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Hey guys, its all good. We have all probably vented. But lets just remember the big picture here ..... WE JUST KNOCKED OFF THE #2 SEED 13-3 CHARGERS IN THEIR OWN HOUSE TO GO TO THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP !!!!

Happy Martin Luther King Day.

3. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Nice work but your taking things out of context. I said several times that I had faith in sanchez but I didnt think this year was his year and I wasnt sure if he was ready to be a starter just yet. I said "well see" several times. On the washington injury i was saying the season is over for leon, not the jets. Now if youd like you can pull out all the posts ive made that screamed optimism for this team even after the most brutal of losses. Like i mentioned in the original posts, we all had our gripes and thats fine of course, the post was directed towards the small group of irrationals who abandoned all hope after week 6. I really didnt want this to be some kind of buzzkill because tonight is a damn good night, but I had to point out the stark contrast in views particularly when it comes to rex ryan and his "big mouth." I forget who said it this weekend, (some sports reporter), But rex is going to change the culture of the game and the way the head coach position is operated: The secretive douche belichek persona is no longer necessarily going to be the template for that position anymore.

4. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Who the hell cares if people vent frustration after poor performances during the season? Are you kidding me with this?

How many people said Sanchez was a bust....and that Rex should shut up? If the Jets lose the game to the Colts...many people would have been right that Rex might want to turn down a bit..and the bottom line is he actually did. For the most part..so did the team.

Telling people he thinks his team should be the favorite to go to the Super Bowl isnt trash talking..its believing in his team. Big deal.

You putting this thread out there to "get it off your chest?" To fellow Jet fans that have been burned well before you were even born? I have many people that I know that I would go after....after a game like this...a fellow Jet fan? You picked the wrong fan base and the wrong past history of a team.

I say congrats Jet fans for sticking with this team over the years...decades. This is as loyal a fan base as you will ever come across...venting and all.

5. rohirrim665

The same people who were calling in the wfan after week 6 (roughly) saying they were embarrassed by the way rex ryan was conducting himself (loudmouthing, crying), saying that he needs to "shut up and coach", are now erecting a statue of him in times square. Seems worth pointing out to me.

6. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Look just pm Alleycat and leave us all alone!

7. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

LMAO do you practice S & M or just post that way?

8. rohirrim665

Also, the way we jet fans criticized rex mid-year bears an eerie resemblance to the way giants fans wanted coughlin out midseason 2007, which means our hopes for a superbowl are looking damn good right now! Gotta love New York!

9. jaywayne12

Listen, Im not saying it isnt. I personally love his brashness. It will one day come back and bite him in the ass. Its worked this year...and he is smart enough to know that when this team is truly great on both sides of the ball..and that day is coming...he will not being giving anyone bulletin board material. Its what he felt he needed to say and do with this roster and its worked.

Plus...I see no reason to go down that road tonite. No offense..its a free message board with free speech. Seems to be bothering you so you vent. Perhaps not tonite? No big deal.

10. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Exactly, why the need to be Santa and make a list and check it twice. This is what I mean about Jet fans. Can we ever enjoy anything? A miserable lot we are.

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Hey man, I'm just saying that most here have expressed some negative feelings at one point or another...even Rex Ryan. It's the damn Jets! There's always gonna be drama. It's woven into the fabric of this team. There's a difference between "Shut up" and "Put up or shut up". You think the guys that sat in the Superdome week after week wearing brown paper bags over their heads weren't Saints fans?

Your original post has a certain elitist overtone, as if only you and the "true believers" deserve to enjoy and relish the wins last week and today. That's bullshit. Steve032 said it quite succinctly..."Get off your high horse."

I figure if you're here reading, posting and getting involved you are probably a fan of the Jets, and football in general. It's all good.

Enjoy the win and let's rock Indy next week.

12. rohirrim665

Indeed, good points, perhaps all im really getting at is...I love me some rex ryan right now.

13. jaywayne12

I had some weird sexual feelings for him during and after the game tonite. Its all normal and it goes away during the off season....I think.

14. jaywayne12

Agreed. We need to get the Super Bowl victory. Like the Red Sox negative fan..it will go away once thats done. Then Petro will have to charge $50.00 to keep this site alive because there will no reason to vent anymore.