Hard Luck? (Jets Selected for Hard Knocks)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Acad23, Jun 26, 2023.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I thought it was great. This team feels so different.

I think HBO is doing what they can because the Jets seem to really be limiting their access to the players.

Poeman, BrowningNagle and bicketybam like this.
  2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Did anyone listen to Danny Kanell rant about his perception on the first episode? I though he came across as a petulant whining little girl with her butt hurt because AR was getting so much attention from the coaches, blah blah blah. Brady this, Brady that, Brady didn’t do and say all that in Tampa. Utter BS. How does he know what was said and done. There were no cameras on his face for Pete sake. The guy who failed miserably at the NFL level was downplaying AR amazing passing in training camp as it was nothing. The guy sucks.

BacktoQueens, cval and BrowningNagle like this.
  3. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

4. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

interesting I actually liked Ulbrich...and I don't even like him as a coordinator. That type of energy/cursing/attitude is incredibly fun to watch and what made the 2010 jets hard knocks so fun. Rex and his staff were all like that, my god the 2010 show was just absolute gold across the board.

BacktoQueens and PennyRoyal10 like this.
  5. Jetsruby

The episode was great, really hard to deliver on such high expectations for a show and i would say it delivered. Will not be as good as the 2010 jets hard knocks but i dont think anything will and not expecting it to. I think they got most of the good stuff in there and out of the way and I actually love following the deeper roster players because you don't get to see them in team media/1JD.

Surratt being mentioned and the sound bites by Saleh were really good and just shows you how insightful the show has the potential to be. Most roster predictors are already revising their 53 man roster. With the way Saleh was talking and considering our lack of depth at LB Surratt could become a factor this year if he continues to perform in camp and wow the coaches. Look forward to seeing more of his story. Obviously psyched for Micheal Clemons. Would like to see Tony Adams, Will McDonald, Jermaine Johnson, Izzy, and Ruckert.

IMO what I like the most about hard knocks hasn't happened yet and I still enjoyed it.

BacktoQueens and abyzmul like this.
  6. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Garrett Wilson too.

PennyRoyal10 likes this.
  7. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Any criticism is unfounded. The Jets were forced into this because of Aaron Rodgers coming. The first episode had to be all about that. Now that it is out of the way, i expect the next episodes to focus on other players, as they usually do. The only thing I'll say, and not really in a negative way - they did spend a lot of time and focus on Liev Schrieber. OK, so they did. HBO promoted themselves a little.

LAJet likes this.
  8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

When Rex said it I believed it. Ulbrich comes off like a complete phony. Maybe it's because his body of work is extremely unimpressive outside of last year but I don't buy it from him even for a second. Same reason I stopped watching last year's Hard Knocks with the Lions... every coach came off like a phony blowhard. I guess it works though, I just don't need to see it on TV.

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

you determined that based off his ~2 minutes of air time?

10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

All I said was I don't need to see it on TV and admitted that clearly that style works. I'm not sure how you've found a way to take offense on Ulbrich's part.

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I'm taking offense how? You are the one talking about not liking a grown man's use of profanity on TV

I was just curious how you labeled him a phony, in multiple posts, based on 2 minutes of airtime that I saw. I honestly thought I might've missed something

12. LogeSection2RowJ

He strafed Florham Park with F-Bombs. Some people get wowed by that. Seemed to me he did it more than usual for camera effect.

13. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I don't think he did. I use profane language most of the time unless I'm in a social situation where I'm not sure if it will fly.

14. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Can anyone send me a link? My usually reliable site didn't have it and I'm not paying for hbo max.

Edit: my laptop is still logged in to my exes Amazon prime account and for some reason it's on there lol but would still like a backup option..

Sent from my IPhone 43 using Tapatalk V.86

15. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Totally, but I had heard GW before and already knew he gets it. I didn't really know much about Sauce other than his on-field performance - he certainly seems as good a person as he is a CB...

GQMartin likes this.
  16. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Yeah totally. The helicopter arrival was a bit much, but if that's my biggest gripe, ok...

17. Jetsruby

The episode was very good.The Liev Schriber stuff was uninteresting to me (even tho I like him as actor/narrator). Also could do less with Sauce graduation. Everything past the first 15 seconds showing his graduation it was like...alright...I get it. But that's nit picking.

18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No criticism here, I'm just curious what makes Ulbrich come off like a complete phony to you. I don't have a dog in the fight. Is it because of his unimpressive resume of work? What aren't you buying from him?

I think last night was the first Hard Knocks episode I've seen. While the production was slick and the views of NYC and the Jets' facility were awesome, overall, I wasn't impressed. A lot of it seemed trivial or shallow to me. Is that what you are referring to with Ulbrich?

19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes, I noticed all the F-bombs. They didn't bother me, and I did wonder if that is what most football coaches are like, or if it was just done for Hard Knocks. I know they (coaches) do when they're mad/upset, but there was no reason to be upset last night. I'll be curious to see the rest of the episodes, as I didn't see anything "Hard" last night.

LogeSection2RowJ likes this.
  20. LogeSection2RowJ

Right. Obviously we know that word is very popular and it doesn't bother most of us to hear it. But on that episode Ulbrich comes off as the "curser" :p So, the book is still out on his defensive coaching ability, but I can say without hesitation that he knows how to swear. Let's see if he pipes it down in the next set of episodes. Saleh is smart enough not to come off that way.

NCJetsfan likes this.