Harbaugh = Instant Credibility

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by KY Jets Fan, Nov 5, 2020.

?

Would you want Harbaugh?

1. Yes

57 vote(s)
    56.4%
  2. No

44 vote(s)
    43.6%
  1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

My only issue with Harbaugh is he doesn't last long at any one spot. On the other hand, if he shows up, wins a Super Bowl, and leaves after 2024, I don't think any Jets fan would complain.:cool: :D

FJF likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I totally disagree. That would be one of the worst hires that could be made. We don't need another asshole on the sidelines or someone that's going to leave in 3-4 years (if he lasts that long) for some other team.

3. The Dark Knight

Compared to hiring Adam Gase, it would look like hiring Vince Lombardi! :)

Ralebird, Noam, SOJAZ and 3 others like this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Even Richie Kotite would look good compared to Gase. The Jets sucked under Kotite because he didn't care and had stopped working hard or trying. Gase is supposedly working his ass off and is worse.

5. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I agree here.

Harbaugh has done nothing in Michigan and wears out his welcome everywhere.

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

It would give the Jets the same boost that Parcells did back in the day. After Gase and all the other HC failures, hiring a big name HC shows the Jets are serious about turning it around.

JetsFan and SOJAZ like this.
  7. Cman68

He only needs to be around long enough to set the Jets back on the right path.

Ralebird, SOJAZ, Jets81 and 1 other person like this.
  8. DefenseWinsChampionships

I agree.

Jim Harbaugh would become to our Jets of 2021 after a potential 0-16 season of 2020 what Bill Parcells became to our 1997 Jets following a 1-15 season of 1996; which is bring us instant credibility.

SOJAZ and Cman68 like this.
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He has a .706 winning percentage, has went to a top Bowl game every year at Michigan and has finished ranked outside the top 25 once in his time there...

#129 Jonathan_Vilma, Nov 11, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
    SOJAZ, IIMeanDeanII and Cman68 like this.
  10. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

True, the guy is "tougher than a $2 steak" per his family.
    I loved the way #4 played when he was with the Colts in 96 & 96.

11. The Dark Knight

Yeah, I think that is a good point and comparing him to what Parcells did makes sense. Of course, he actually has to win and get the Jets on the right path, but if he does, it would be worth it.

SOJAZ and Cman68 like this.
  12. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I understand where you are coming from but like Parcells he will be a short term fix and then hen he left bar 2 really good seasons under Rex what have we really achieved since 99?

a couple of wild card wins and then in a desperate hunt for another, we can have a nearly one with Bowles.

That's 21 years, my kids are just older than that :(

Cman68 likes this.
  13. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I don’t believe he wanted out of San Francisco, it amazes me how no one blames the former GM of the Niners who would rather fire a successful HC over a bruised ego instead of trying to maintain a professional working relationship for the sake of maintaining a winning formula.

I posted an article below of some quotes made by Harbaugh about his situation during an interview.

Harbaugh appeared on a podcast hosted by Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News on Friday, and talked quite a bit about his exit from the team. I haven't had a chance to listen to the full thing just yet, but I've gathered some quotes (primarily from our own Tre9er via Twitter) and of course, there's the link above.

On the podcast, Harbaugh says that he didn't leave the 49ers, but that the 49ers hierarchy left him. He then went on to say that the "mutual parting of ways" was only mutual in that Harbaugh didn't want to put the team in a bad spot by trying to fight with them. It makes sense, given that it would also put Harbaugh in a bad spot to try and stick around with an owner and general manager that were obviously done with him.

This all flies right in the face of the lies told to the fans by York and Baalke. I don't know if it would have necessarily been better if they came out and said "Look, we like power and Harbaugh didn't listen to us. So screw that guy," but at least that would have been honest, right?

14. Cman68

Still better than what we are doing now. I'll take 2yrs of credibility over this.

SOJAZ and K'OB like this.
  15. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Fair comment but after all this time I would dare to dream of at least 5 seasons of success :oops:

rammagen likes this.
  16. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Please. You cannot compare Harbaugh to Parcells. Parcells actually had success in NFL prior to coming to the Jets.

17. Cman68

And Harbaugh did what with the 9'ners?

Noam and HomeoftheJets like this.
  18. DefenseWinsChampionships

What are you talking about?

Jim absolutely loves football which is why A.) He played as an NFL QB for 14 years and B.) Has been a head coach now for 14 years with only 3 teams (Stanford/San Francisco/Michigan) and currently in his 6th year @ his alumni of Michigan.

So once again, what are you talking about?

Jim Harbaugh without question deserves a 2nd NFL coaching opportunity alongside of Trevor Lawrence (just as Bill Belichick deserved a 2nd NFL chance alongside of Tom Brady).

Bill's first NFL stint with Cleveland: 5 years, a career losing record of 36-44 (.450%) consisting of only 1 winning season compared to 4 losing seasons of 5-11, 6-10, 7-9, 7-9 and 11-5 with only 1 postseason appearance (Divisional round loss).

Jim's first NFL stint with San Fran: 4 years, a career winning record of 44-19-1 (.695%) consisting of 3 winning seasons compared to 0 losing seasons of 8-8, 11-4-2, 12-4 and 13-3 with 3 NFC Championship Games and 1 SB appearance (lost by 3 points).

But yet the "asshole" Bill deserved a 2nd NFL opportunity alongside of Tom Brady but Jim doesn't deserve a 2nd NFL opportunity alongside of Trevor Lawrence?

Thnx God it's not your call...

And please stop pretending and acting as if Jim Harbaugh "flip flops' from team to team despite being with only 3 Football program's over a 14 year coaching career when in comparison to say a Bienemy who's now been with 5 teams within a 19 year period and has never once been a HC (regardless if on an NCAA or NFL coaching level).

One of the worst hirings we could make? Wrong. San Francisco's GM made one of the worst firings a GM could possibly make and he himself ended up getting FIRED over it (because of it).

• San Francisco went 26-38 (.406%) 4 years prior to Jim's arrival with 0 playoff appearances.

San Francisco went 44-19-1 (.695%) during their 4 years with Jim with 3 NFC Championship Games and 1 SB appearance.

• San Francisco went 17-47 (.265%) during their 4 years after Jim with 0 playoff appearances.

Yeah. Right. Jim would become "one of the worst hirings we could make"... Funny and weird at the same time.

Everything you've ever stated about Jim Harbaugh has been nothing but absolute nothingness.

Do you even have any idea and/or clue just how many Pro Bowl players Jim was sending to the pro bowl every year all because his players truly played hard for him? No. You don't. His players faught for him ala...

29 Pro Bowl Selections throughout his 4 years in San Francisco;

(compared to only 2 Pro Bowl players the year before he arrived and only 3 pro bowl players the following year after his departure lol).

Some "asshole" he was to the point of his players winning under him (.695%) with 3 NFC Championship Games and 1 SB appearance throughout 4 years while making pro bowl selections galore under him.

19. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

SOJAZ likes this.
  20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Make it happen. This team needs someone with credibility

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.