Harbaugh = Instant Credibility

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by KY Jets Fan, Nov 5, 2020.

?

Would you want Harbaugh?

1. Yes

57 vote(s)
    56.4%
  2. No

44 vote(s)
    43.6%
  1. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Not happening. The Johnsons have found themselves paying multiple coaches and GMs at the same time before. They'll probably do it again with Gase and a new HC, they are certainly not doing it with Douglas and another new GM.

Leicester Jet and NYGANGGREEN like this.
  2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Then it’s a good thing we are discussing your reasoning for why he shouldn’t coach the Jets and not where he coaches.

3. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

I'm not a Harbaugh fan. What I really hope to see is Joe Douglas being allowed to pick his own coach. Let him either sink or float with his own plan and not be stymied and handicapped from decisions by the Johnsons, who clearly know nothing whatsoever about football despite being owners for years. I'd be shocked if the Johnsons had the good sense to let JD pick the coach on his own, but we'll see.

4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Huh?

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  5. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I’d take that in a heartbeat. If he builds the team up over a few seasons it can be competitive for many years beyond that, especially if we finally find a QB and hire the right replacement.

Whether or not its a real possibility I don’t know, but if it is, it should at least be explored.

6. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

which is why i support him as head coach only.

johnsons should let douglas hire the next hc. he can always give his opinions, but douglas has final say on draft and trades.

KWJetsFan likes this.
  7. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

exactly!

8. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I don’t think he would come to the Jets nor do I think he would want to deal with the NY media.

Having said that, I’d welcome him to the Jets because I think he would absolutely have them playing better complimentary football.

9. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I got to say I agree with almost everything DWC is saying in regards to Jim Harbaugh. I really don’t know if there is a better option out there. To be honest I think prying him away from Michigan won’t be easy as MANY teams have tried. I think our situation is the only reason why he would consider taking this job.

A lot has to go right for JH to even consider taking the job. He comes across as a guy who likes a challenge but wants to be apart of all decisions regarding the team he’s coaching. Basically he wants to shop for his own groceries like most premium coaches do. When he took over for Singletary SF was an absolute joke similar to the Jets and he was able to play to his players strengths and they immediately started playing better.

Others who don’t want Jim here I’m not sure where they are coming from.. He’s the most qualified candidate out there in the real world we would actually need the following list of things to go right for the Jets for JH to even consider the job:

1st - Trevor Lawrence
    2nd - Autonomy over player personal
    3rd - Fire everyone for a clear rebuild he can do his way.
    4th - Cap Space $80+ mil
    5th - Expectations at an all time low.
    6th - Johnson back the brinks truck up to his house

mattyd99 likes this.
  10. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Are some of you watching what's going on with Harbaugh this year? He may not survive past this season at Michigan. His stock is currently at an all-time low. Quite frankly he doesn't really look like he gives a shit anymore.

Leicester Jet likes this.
  11. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

12. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

Would love him too, but not sure he would come here after turning us down 2 years ago.

13. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

Douglas would likely be immediately the most sought after GM candidate if we let him go. When we got him last year, everyone was saying that he was a coup and shocked he'd go to the Jets.

NCJetsfan and boozer32 like this.
  14. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Context being Harbaugh is not recruiting better. Exposure is everything to these kids. If Urban Meyer and Dabo Sweeney were at Michigan their recruiting would improve that program. I watch plenty of college football in different regions. Michigan is not playing in any of those TV regions. The next coach need to be someone that can attract top flight free agents and along with Douglas draft better talent bottom line.

15. Ralebird

Okay, that's what people said when he was hired; what has he shown in a year and a half that demonstrates there is any viability to those claims today. Should he be graded by his press or his accomplishments?

b.reyes16 likes this.
  16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I totally agree with NC on this, getting rid of JD would be idiotic. He barely got here, is a good GM, and has shown promise and made some excellent picks. He has a long growth curve ahead of him. He accepted responsibility for Anderson and will continue to get better. Let’s stop fucking around where there is no need.

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It's not Harbaugh or Douglas. Harbaugh has never been a general manager. Nor is there any indication that he would require both roles to work here.

He didn't want to work for and listen to a fucking moron in San Francisco. He ended up being correct.

18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If you can't see the positive things that he has done, and how he has set this team's future up, then neither I or anyone else here can help you. Simply unbelievable.

19. Ralebird

The New York Jets are a worse football team today than they were a year and a half ago.

That's not unbelievable at all. It's a fact.

You may have all the optimism in the world for the future but that is simply one man's opinion.

You might attribute your optimism to the general manager, I attribute it to wishful thinking.

The NFL is a results oriented business. The results are negative, not positive, particularly since June 2019.

Noam likes this.
  20. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

this needs repeating

good stuff