Harbaugh = Instant Credibility

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by KY Jets Fan, Nov 5, 2020.

?

Would you want Harbaugh?

1. Yes

57 vote(s)
    56.4%
  2. No

44 vote(s)
    43.6%
  1. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Im not sure about Harbaugh.

Id prefer John (ravens hc)... Jim did have a little success in SF but i wouldn't say he had continued success.

Id prefer someone thats a new HC in the NFL or a very long term college coach. Longer than Jim.

2. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I’ve said from day one the coach we hire will have to be linked to the QB we are rolling out on Sundays. Looks like we will stick with Sam as Fields is a lateral move and unless we trade for a Matt Ryan or give the Jags the world for Lawrence we will roll our Sam. Here’s the thing Sam needs to be rebuilt and Jim Harbaugh is the best man for the job as he did it with Alex Smith who everyone had written off.

lo

RochesterJet and HomeoftheJets like this.
  3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Agreed but if I'm Jim Harbaugh, I'm staying far, far away from this job.

Cman68 likes this.
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Yeah, Harbaugh ain't coming anywhere near the Jets HC job. In fact, you'd be hard pressed to find any name HC with a legacy to protect taking this job. Might as well do what the Johnson's have always done. Go find a mediocre coordinator to learn how to be a HC while OJT with the Jets. Idiots will still buy the tickets and the swag and the revenue sharing cash will still flow.. Nothing changes.

5. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

At this point he's been away from the NFL game too long. IMO

Also his lack of success in college hurt his prestige.

The NFL game has changed a lot from eight years ago.

He should've never left the pro game.

Leicester Jet and Cman68 like this.
  6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Time to bump this bad boy up.

Is it possible Harbaugh didn't sign his extension to see what NFL Teams will offer to him?

One can dream right?

7. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

https://gbmwolverine.com/2021/01/05/michigan-football-optimism-jim-harbaugh-return-disappearing/

Michigan Football: Optimism about Jim Harbaugh return is disappearing

Jim Harbaugh is expected back at the Michigan football offices Tuesday and all eyes will be on him as his contract extension looms.

Either Jim Harbaugh doesn’t understand the uncertainty he’s causing or he doesn’t care. But a decision needs to be made about the future of the Michigan football program and it can’t go beyond this week.

That’s the one thing that Warde Manuel and Michigan need to make clear in all of this. Harbaugh has the right to explore the NFL or do whatever he wants to do. But let’s remember he’s coming off a 2-4 season and is 0-5 against Ohio State.

In other words, Michigan football shouldn’t be begging for him to come back. I understand not wanting to move on, especially when his only truly bad this season came during a 6-game mess of a season due to COVID-19.

But after negotiations have dragged on for weeks, Harbaugh knows the deal from Michigan and either he wants to coach the team or he doesn’t. It really is that simple.

There are tons of NFL rumors going around, especially with the Chargers job opening up. Supposedly, teams like the Jets and Chargers want to talk to Harbaugh and that’s fine, but Michigan football shouldn’t wait.

Ryan Day is a much hotter commodity on the coaching market and it took him three seconds to quash any interest in the Jacksonville Jaguars.
    Why? Because he probably has no interest in going there.

Unless Harbaugh signs his extension today, it will be clear that he wants to be with any NFL team over Michigan and in my opinion, that will make Manuel’s job very easy.

People have been talking about setting a deadline and I don’t know that Manuel needs to do that. He just needs to put the contract in front of his coach and ask for an answer.

And if Harbaugh still won’t give him one, then I think that’s an answer all by itself. We have heard this extension was a done deal and an announcement was just days away — a few days ago — and here we sit.

If those reports are true, Harbaugh will sign his deal Tuesday and all this worry will have been for not. But if that doesn’t happen, then I believe Harbaugh’s tenure with Michigan football ends.

LAJet likes this.
  8. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

To me he would be the 2021 version of Parcells

9. LongIslandBlitz

If he win a Superbowl here he will go down in history.....He will be a legend.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

1. Some people here are giving the impression that the six NFL teams in need of a HC should be pissing in their pants for the opportunity to take JH and all of his baggage at the drop of hat. I hardly doubt that. Not sure a team looking for long term growth will risk getting and egomaniac who will self implode in two years leaving the organization in shambles. Notion that the Jets are the least desirable job is nonsense, far from it, we are a more desirable destination than Atlanta, Detroit and Houston for starters. This is not the Chris and Mac cluster fuck show anymore. My two cents.

11. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Hard pass.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

12. Rockinz

Douglas must have ties to him as he has ties to John. Jim has his brother to be able to reference Douglas as well. Could be a good match

13. JetFan20

JetFan20 Well-Known Member

Jim is a wacky guy. It would be hilarious seeing him deal with the NY media.

14. Rockinz

It would be Herm Edwards on steroids LOL

15. LongIslandBlitz

Frank Gore said Hardbaugh would make the Jets competitve right away.Intresting that Gore is speaking publicly about this

16. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

After Fields ripped Harbaugh a new asshole last time they played putting up 56 points, he wants that bad boy on his team!

17. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

I don't want Harbaugh anywhere near this team. He's trash.

Even when he succeeds (which is something he hasn't done since his glorified move to UM) he wears out his welcome with the quickness.

Leicester Jet and NCJetsfan like this.
  18. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Head coaching record
    Regular season:
    NFL: 44–19–1 (.695)
    College: 103–40 (.720)
    Postseason: NFL: 5–3 (.625).
    College: 2–5 (.286)
    Career: NFL: 49–22–1 (.688)
    College: 107–49 (.686)
    Unlike many College coaches, he also has experience as NFL Player and HC, NFL QB coach. 3 NFC title games as a HC, including 1 SB appearance in 4 years.

You give this fellow some Fields, and let it rip.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  19. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

He was 5 yds from a Super Bowl Championship, I think he translates better as an NFL Coach, he failed miserably at Michigan

20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

People are nuts if they wouldn't welcome Harbaugh with open arms. The problem with Harbaugh would be convincing him to stay long enough for continued success. He has ADHD with his job hopping.

Endlessly Counting likes this.