Happy Anniversary Tim Tebow on the Jets......

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by xmscott, Mar 21, 2013.

1. danangmarine68

danangmarine68 New Member

Grasshopper, you know nothing of what you speak. Since you brought up the subject of other universities and included Ohio State, let me expound upon the Big 2. After graduation I worked in Columbus for many years as several companies up there recruited heavily in Florida after the Apollo program was terminated (Chemical Abstracts, Bailey Meter, and North Electric to name a few). OSU fans are the most rabid fans of any university I was ever associated with. I was there before Woody Hayes took up the sport of boxing with opposing students and to listen to those poor misguided Buckeyes, Woody could do no wrong. This was the "three yards and a cloud of dust" era and they didn't fair well with a balanced run/pass offense. If you want to see some of the most fanatical alumni in this country then look no farther than the Horseshoe on any given home game Saturday.

One of the things that I have noticed about your postings Grasshopper is that you like to lump us into nice neat packages with simplistic titles to help with your organizational skills. You generalize us to fit your predetermined molds which clearly is an example of OCD tendencies.

What I do find to be confusing is that you attacked the "Teboners" with a statement that these "Teboners" were cheering for Denver in 2011 and felt it was ironic that the "Teboners" were now cheering for NYJ. I did observe a statement you made that you were a Bronco, Jet, Niner fan. So my question to you is who do you cheer for when one of your favorite teams plays another of your favorite teams? Saying that you don't cheer for one or the other would be a major faux pas for a "FAN", so what is your answer? You have all but said that if one is on this forum one must cheer for the Jets. Wait a minute, your login name is SF moneybags and using your logic would imply you either live in SF or you are so devoted to the Niners that you had to use some reference to them, what a quandary?

SF as in Semper Fi

2. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

The only bad part about the idea is they didn't start Tim, and instead trotted Mark out for another 20+ turnover season.

3. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

No, I get why Gator fans have stood by their man, much like the wife of a democrat politician stands by their man in the press conference that follows their latest sex scandal. Never seen a player get quite the following even if they do suck. Not even other Gators. Is there another Gator player in history that generated that much of a following? I guess I sort of get it for gator fans, He's your John Elway.

Nice credentials. But it doesn't change the fact that statistics and raw numbers can be spun by just about anyone to mean just about whatever you want them to. This is so because those stats are generated by entire football teams and not just one man. 22 guys on the field at any given time.

You'd think a statistics major like yourself would understand where I'm coming from there, but seems to escape you and others. It's that Tim Tebow kool-aid I think.

Bullshit. I didn't call people names and such when I first came on. I DID say Tebow fans were a bit nutty, but I had several guys come out and call me names. Hell, I was here but 5 minutes and Bannon suggested suffocating me with a pillow. You also will be hard pressed to find Demosthenes9 posts that didn't include some condescending personal remark to go with his rhetoric.

I;m not the one that started it. You guys are the ones that went down that route simply because I had the nerve to disagree with you on Tebow.

But I can see why you don't see it that way. you people take any and all attacks on Tebow as if it were a personal attack on yourselves. Quite hilarious that so many of you seem to have taken a personal stake in his success since he is probably unaware that any of us on this site exist.

We inherited most of the Gator fanbase who really didn't give a shit about the Broncos. Most of the hysteria came with them and went when they left, though they managed to infect a few Bronco fans on the way out. Those assholes were particularly nasty to anyone that even questioned if Tebow would cut it in the NFL. So far he hasn't unless carried.

I also don't get why Teboners feel they are the only ones that have the right to go all over the internet and talk about the most talked about scrub in the history of the NFL. I swear, some of you can be found on like 10 different message boards fighting for the NFL life of a really shitty QB. I've kept it to just a couple. This one and a Broncos one.

#43 Concerned_Citizen, Apr 2, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  4. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

I realize I was not very clear when I was discussing UF Alum fantacism related to Tebow compared to thoe other universities. I don't recall seeing any Troy Smith or Craig Krenzel-mania forums. I also don't recall many Eric Crouch/Tommy Frazier/Greg McElroy/Ross Parker Wilson sub forums where "alumni" flock to tell the existing fan bases their fellow alum is better than he realy is. I have been to some games at The Ohio State and I absolutely agree that they are passionate about the team, unlike some UF grads, they seem to be more grounded about their QBs' NFL prospects.

5. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

I normally don't ever feel the urge to share much personal info but what the hell! I am a die hard Niner fan from birth so I take them over anyone. One of my college roommates is and has been on the Jets roster so I have been a fan for several years since he joined the team. I live in Colorado and am friends and acquaintences with several current and former Broncos and I cheer for them against everyone else. When the guys I know play well, I am happy, when they play like shit I don't post cool stats that try to show them to be better than they really are. Again, your guys' veils are wearing thin and your actions betray your motives.

6. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Out of curiosity, what do you think our motives are? This should be entertaining.

7. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I guess you don't see the irony in this statement.

8. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

You greatly exaggerate the numbers. "Most" of the Gators fanbase is millions of people. If "most" of the Gators fanbase took over your forum, none of you would have gotten a word in against millions of people posting even one time each. I'd guess there were probably 15-20 people you argued with on a consistent basis, and then a few hundred fly-bys commenters.

9. Concerned_Citizen

Well, there certainly is a lot more than a dozen or so nutjobs out there who think Tebow is the second coming. We were paid visits by many of them, but those nutjobs are all over the place.

10. Concerned_Citizen

Then why do you take ANY attack on Tebow as if it were an attack on yourself?

Seriously, even minor criticisms, I'd get at least two of you acting like I just went to your house and kicked your dog upside down or something.

I anxiously await the excuses offered by Teboners when he is out of the league on how it isn't his fault few see him as a good passer, or that his shortcomings are everyone elses fault but his. Seriously, the whining will go on for a decade on what might have been, I am betting.

#50 Concerned_Citizen, Apr 2, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  11. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

I have zero interest in stating my own assumptions about anyone else's motives. I have my suspicions but:
    1) They have no affect on Tim's ability to earn or not earn a starting job.
    2) If I truly cared, I would have no problem asking you what really drives you and
    accepting what answer you gave.
    Instead, I will continue in blissful ignorance inside of my own imagination. I have no delusion that anything I say on here has any real world effect on Timmy's career. I may just be venting a little after encountering the Superfriends at two different places but oh well, all are welcome right?

12. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

What makes you think I take it as a personal attack if you attack Tebow? I take it as a personal attack when you make homosexual references about me, with respect to Tebow. I'm not going to repeat them, because I'm sure you'd love to take it out of context for a new signature block.

I disagree with you about Tim Tebow's potential, but you are way off base to suggest that I take attacks on him personally.

13. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

You take it as personal because you respond as such.
    Someone makes a negative comment/observation about Tebow > it makes you sad/angry > you ask why they are here and what their motives are?
    You try to lash out with a personal question because your feels got kicked.

14. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Lol wut? srsly?

Yeah, you never waste your time talking about peoples motives. That is very clear.

15. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I can't ask a question?

16. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

By all means, ask away. I am far from the rule maker here, I am just a loudmouth popping off with whatever comes to mind. I was just saying that I notice the Tebow contingency attempt to turn a comment about Tim into a discussion about personal mantras. That is fine too, just an observation.

17. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

You didn't really expect me to dive on that landmine? I state my guesses, you dispute them (even if I'm right) and then I am mocked forever on the interweb. Plus, I get the feeling the Tebow Rangers use you as a scout; they look for you to bring back the latest scuttlebutt so you can have a good laugh at our expenses. That doesn't bother me, I just see no point in the loading the gun before you point it at me.

18. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

You are paranoid.

Dude, you give us way too much credit. We're seriously like five dudes who don't even know each other's first names.

19. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Ok. Well then, now that that's out of the way...

20. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

I am not paranoid, I am a realist. I don't mind being mocked but why fuel the fire. You at least have to earn it if you want to make fun of me. lol
    I also know that even though you are only five guys, you will tell a friend and before you know it, 7 or 8 people I will never meet think I am stupid. I just don't like those odds buddy.