Happy Anniversary Tim Tebow on the Jets......

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by xmscott, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Jet Pac

Jet Pac New Member

He's definitely part of why they sucked last year. That distraction can not be overlooked. Every player on that team had to be wondering, "What are we doing?". When the trade happened, I heard people say it will make or break Sanchez. Well it helped break Sanchez.

2. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

For some reason, poor Timmy's intangibles just didn't make the trip out to New York. We were told he inspired those around him and improved the locker room chemistry. Apparently, we were sold a load of shit. The next team should take note. This guy is a cancer and he does not have any more intangible belly fire than any other backup in the league.

3. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

That's what I never understood about the hero worship and why people loved him so. Is he the only hard core Christian to enter the league? No. Only successful College QB to come into the league? No. Only player to have a competetive fire? No. Only genuine good guy? No. Is he the only real "leader type" to come into the league? No. Is he the only guy players like to be around? no. Only one with a strong work ethic? No... no.... no....

So what is so damn special about him that means he should ge given starts no matter how shitty he looks in practice?

About the only thing "special" about him is that he got the publicity for all those traits when most did not. Yep. He's a media creation. That is the only thing "special" about him.

4. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

I got some decent insight on this from a friend who is a big fan. He honestly admitted that he did not follow much pro football until Tim came along. He was aware of other openly christian players but admitted he was drawn to Tim because of his visibility and charisma. That makes a lot of sense to me. I just wonder if non-UF alum are so high on Tim, could they also see themselves as RG3, Kaepernick, Drew Brees, etc. fans? There are a lot of openly christian players that combine exceptional skill with high moral character. I see a lot of Tim's supporters post things about the NFL being full of thugs, wife beaters, dog killers, etc, it really makes me wonder if they are completely unaware of all the other role models that do play in the league...

5. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

I even read an article about Philip Rivers being a devout christian and high character guy. A lot of people in his community and guys around the league (including Champ Bailey) think he is good role model material. He is too mouthy for my tastes but it just goes to show that not all NFL players are poor role models like the Tebots insist.

6. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

U seem mad, bro.

But anyways, Tim Tebow is not my hero and I don't care what religion he believes in. I like the physical bruising running style he has, the long-range passing capability, and the winning attitude he has on the field. Plus he is a fellow Gator. I really think you misunderstand why he has fans.

7. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

Tim has the same bruising, physical running style as many guys in the league (see: recently approved "Richardson Rule" against leading with your helmet when running), the same winning attitude as hundreds of other guys in the league. The UF Alum part makes sense. The real point is that Tim is interchangeable with lots and lots of NFL players from an attitude, athleticisim, character standpoint. You may be the exception but he has a large fan base for reasons other than what is common in other NFL players...Tim's supporters believe he is something more special than anything else we have seen and a lot of us simply call bullshit on that. A lot of Tebow fans' are too emotionally invested to walk away from that fight though.

8. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

The question is why you care so much why people like him? Why does it matter to you?

9. Passepartout

Passepartout Active Member

He won't be with the Jets anymore longer. As expect to cut him or trade him in a few weeks or months!

10. Concerned_Citizen

Why would I be mad? I'm just perplexed. It is your ilk that are having the meltdowns and sweating bullets about Tebow's sinking career.

...and his fanbase goes far beyond Gator nation. But I just don't see what it is about him that separates him from any other guy with a passion, fire, good guy, Christian, college success... other than his media circus, and lunatic fringe fanbase who thinks he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

11. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

First of all, nice dodge BQB. You are a master of the non-answer questioning someone's motives when you are out of ideas, bravo. I care because I am a Jets, Broncos, and Niners fans and have had to deal with silliness out of your bretheren for two years and it is frankly annoying. You guys deserve to be countered and have your boy knocked of his pedestal. If nothing else, it prevents the silliness you see on Tebow forums. If you want to keep it there, fine, you won't ever catch me trying to participate. When you insist on spreading your bullshit to existing fan bases and team message boards, you will run into people that disagree for various reasons. Those people have as much right to express their opinions as you do yours.

12. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

The question IS NOT why I care about people's preference for him. The question is, why do you and the Superfriends need to run to team message boards and tell everyone how good he is when everyone can see for themselves. If Tim plays good, it will show, when Tim plays like shit and the team around him pulls out a win, even a common fan understands Tim is shitty but had the good fortune of playing on an improving team. To be fair, you only care about the Jets because you are emotionally invested in Tim and you are a conspiracy theorist who struggles to accept the fate Tim will likely share with Vince Young, Rex Grossman, Kyle Orton and so many others...Remember, you clowns were cheering against the Jets last year when they played the Broncos and will likely do so in the future.

13. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

I think this is my favorite exchange from this forum.

14. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

I may give some Tebow fans a hard time but if there is one thing they Re good at, it's making accurate not crazy predictions that always seem to prove right. I don't have the information in front of me but if BQB can be relied upon, the Broncos did not make the playoffs this year and be was right that McElroy never saw the field and Timmy was in fact QB 1.5. I dare anyone to prove otherwise....

15. danangmarine68

danangmarine68 New Member

There is no hero worship from those of us who joined this forum to watch Tim's career. Most of us, myself included are U of F alumni and would like to see one of our QBs make good in the NFL. If you do not understand that, then that's your problem and not ours. You do however call us just about every derogatory name you can think of and when that fails you resort to profanity.

You say we throw out useless facts that mean nothing to support our position and when you are pinned into a corner where you are asked to provide a relevant response, you resort again to the name calling and profanity.

Okay now please put your tinfoil hat on again as here is another conspiracy theory for you, make sure it is on straight as this one comes from NFL.com. yes it is dated Dec 2011 and as I recall you had already decided at that point he was, to use your words "a shitty quarterback".

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...innings-tebows-initiation-stacks-up-favorably

I guess that NFL.com must have been overtaken by "Teboners" back then. Make sure your tinfoil hat is on straight or it won't work. :)

16. Concerned_Citizen

I'm well aware that Gator fans have latched on to the nuts of a mediocre player moreso than I recall just about any other player enjoying.

However, the huge amount of following he has goes well beyond Gator nation, and you know it.

What "facts?" Most of you continuously post stats that show that if you ignore certain variables, look at it with one eye closed and stand on your head and 3PM, and look at them from a whacky angle, they show that Tebow is actually the best QB in the league.

As for the profanity and namecalling. No, that came from you guys first. I guess I'm guilty of getting wrapped up in it, but a lot of you got really cranky with me from the get-go and tried to make it personal simply because I didn't agree with you. Demosthenes9 and others went that route long before I did. You'll never chastize any of your own, though. So feel free to keep blaming me for Teboner hostility.

You really think the media would be latched on to his nuts and celebrating his birthday on ESPN if there were only a handful of Teboners out there? You guys are driving the Teboner hysteria.

#36 Concerned_Citizen, Apr 1, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  17. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

The UF alum thing is a great reason to support Tebow; unfortunately, a lot of you guys use that as a Trojan Horse to enter discussions and message board threads. The discussion of possible conspiracy theories, hate for Timmy, presentation of stats that amount to crap, and questioning of other people's motives betray you and expose your true agenda. In addition to liking Tim for his college choice, the majority of you guys have lots of other reasons for defending Tim so vigorously. Many of you refuse to acknowledge your real reasons..if it was truly his college, you guys would come off like Penn State, Ohio State, Nebraska, Alabama fans who have seen excellent QB play in college and minimal to no success in the NFL. You guys are a lot more fanatical than alums looking for their boy to succeed. Beside that, you guys can claim one of the greatest running backs in history (also Dancing with the Stars Champ!) Those are basic reasons the whole "we just want a UF QB to make it" is a thin veil for people's true motives.

18. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I never joined the Broncos message boards. I joined the Jets message board when the Tebowmania section was created because it was a place to specifically discuss Tebow. When it was rumored he would join another team, I joined that board and posted about 10 messages, none of which were exalting Tebow. I'm a football fan first and foremost.

Tebow is a Jet. This is a Jet forum. I don't see anything wrong with supporting a Jet player on a Jet forum.

19. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Some of the "predictions" you refer to were just smack talk yeah whatever statements. You guys can take them as my real predictions if you want, but they were tongue in cheek.

I will say that I honestly believed he would go to Jax, because that is what was being reported. I also didn't believe that McElroy would see the field over Tebow, because Rex Ryan said Tebow was the #2 QB. I don't think those are unreasonable positions to take.

As far as the Broncos... I thought they would be 9-7 or 10-6... definitely didn't see 13-3 coming.

But what you don't see is me being disrespectful or calling anyone names here. I don't even know where you came from all of a sudden, but you behave as though you and I have some type of long history of beef. I don't understand the hostility.

20. danangmarine68

danangmarine68 New Member

Maybe it does but for me I could give a rats behind who else is on the Tebow bandwagon. Am I religious, yes and no. I can count the number of times I've been in a church in the last 40 years on one hand and they were all for funerals.

What is this homophobic affinity with male genitalia that you keep expounding on? Look, I've been a Gator since 1963 when I first stepped onto campus as a freshman. To make that a little clearer, Steve Spurrier was a fellow freshman, The great Willie White Shoes was a sophomore over at UA and your do no wrong Elway was three years old. I have seen many Gators make it big in the NFL, though never at QB so at 68 time is running out for me to see a U of F QB make it in the NFL. Tim and his NOT mediocre performance at U of F gave me hope that he would do well in the NFL. I saw all the games at Denver that you did and followed all of the game threads at SB-Nation Denver plus Horse Tracks and came away with a much different opinion of the Denver fans than what you profess.

So if the only intelligent response you can give me is some homophobic male genitalia remark then please, fire away. It's more a reflection of who you are and less of an insult to me.

Here we go again with the C_C conspiracy theory on statistics. Look, don't talk to me about statistics unless you majored in it. I did my undergraduate studies in Computer Science with a minor in mathematics. I did my graduate studies in Electrical Engineering. Four of my math requirements were statistical methods with calculus so I have a fair to middling understanding of statistics, probability, and their short comings. I don't need a self proclaimed internet troll and instigator to quote me his tired and oft used rhetoric.

I don't see it that way. Yes the Tebow fans got tired of your incessant lip and some had melt downs. This resulted in their banishment. I don't blame them, you came here and found an atmosphere created by the forum ownership that was conducive for your vitriolic postings. You were the one to start with the derogatory and demeaning postings with full support of this forum. I would go back and pull up some of your early posts but you would again resort to the above referenced excuses, so why bother.

There you go again with the homophobic references. Neither I nor most of the Tebow fans/U of F alumni who participated in this forum ever posted on the Denver forums. Therefore the "Tebower hysteria" you speak of was created by your own fellow Denver fans. Your denial is only going to prolong your obsession. Let it go. Timmy is no longer a Bronco. Your mission is life has been fulfilled.