Happy Anniversary Tim Tebow on the Jets......

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by xmscott, Mar 21, 2013.

1. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

A year ago today

Worst idea in the history of the NFL? Up there i think.

I guess we couldnt predict the injuries to WR1 and TEOnly but really. Lets give it to Tim so he can run the ball 3 yards per carry. Or heaven forbid let him pass the ball.

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

While I wish they hadn't done it, there's been far worse ideas in NFL history than a team trading a 4th rd pick for a shitty backup QB...

3. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

It may have been done with the best intentions until they saw Timmy boy light up Jets receivers' shoe laces. The Broncos fleeced the Jets and left them holding the bag...Here's hoping for a season where we have just one shitty QB to mock!

4. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

Like Miami trading a 2nd round pick for AJ Feeley lol

5. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Granted, the 4th they got ended up getting cut in training camp.

6. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

I think we fucked ourselves worse with the Favre trade. If we kept Penny in 2008 we would've went to the playoffs and who knows. We got really hot in 08 for a while till Burt fucked up his shoulder jerking it to Jenn Sterger.

7. Jet Pac

Jet Pac New Member

Don't remind me. Made no sense then. Makes no sense now.

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Want to know the worst part ? The guy is still on our roster ! Simply amazing tht he was not released,,,do they really hope that he can be traded ?

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

do people really think we would have been much better if we didn't acquire him? The move didn't work out as he didn't contribute much but he wasn't the reason we sucked.

10. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Like drafting a kicker with your 1st pick of the draft the second round :lol:

11. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

True, Sanchez was doomed after Santonio and Keller went down.

12. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

I am not sure anyone really scapegoats Tebow or blames him. The problem is that the Jets are in a messy state right now. They can not afford to have "projects" or distractions on the roster. When I say distraction, I mean a diversion of team resources. The offensive coaching staff has their hands full with David Garrard/Mark Sanchez. They really should not spend even five minutes working with a 4th yr QB's mechanics or drawing up special plays. If his presence on the roster takes even one hour from the team's preparation, he is too big of a distraction considering he threw for less yards than Jeremy Kerley and scored as many points in the NFL as I did last year.

13. phaytal

phaytal New Member

Possibly the worst trade for a 4th round pick, but imagine being a fan of the team that drafted him in the 1st.

Not only did McFuckels draft Tebow in the 1st, he traded a 2nd, a 3rd, and a 4th so that he could move back up in to the 1st to get Tebow.

Infuriating every time I think about it...

#13 phaytal, Mar 22, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  14. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Can the thread title be changed to "Crappy Anniversary"?

15. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Yep. 12345

16. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

No, Tebow fans need to think he is being blamed as part of his martyrdom campaign. Most of what I have seen is that Jets fans are annoyed by his presence. Tim's presence is a reminder of a failed GM and the Jets have no place on their roster for a 4th year "project" who peaked two seasons ago. The Jets had a shitty season, Tebow is a shitty player that should not occupy team resources or a roster spot.

17. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

While I am thankful for the Jets liberating the Broncos of being hijacked and held hostage by Tebowmania, I do feel some sort of regret seeing this kind of idiocy unleashed on another fanbase.

Trust me though, it STILL pisses me off that the Broncos (Josh McDaniels in particular) gave up a couple of second rounders and a third rounder to get Tebow when he most likely would have still been there for the third pick they added in to the trade into the first round to get the walking publicity stunt.

Tebow fans? There isn't enough preparation H in the Western Hemisphere to get over THAT butthurt from not giving Tebow another free shot that he couldn't earn in camp to start. They are on a permanent pussy hurt campaign. Even when he gets a compliment from Elway not too long ago, they take it as something backhanded just because he calls him a "Good football player" when what they really want to hear is what a great quarterback he's gonna be.

These guys are nuts. Sooner you are rid of these clowns, the better.

But saying everyone is blaming Tebow for the Jets failures is way overstating the problem. So I agree, about the martyring his groupies are trying to pull. I guess they are thinking if they can make him an even bigger victim than he is, someone might actually feel sorry for the punk and give him a starting job. Might have to, cuz he sure as shit aint gonna earn it with that sorry excuse for passing skill.

18. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

Tim will likely never get the special treatment his fans feel he deserves. Any NFL player needs to earn confidence and respect Monday-Saturday and play well on Sunday for more than just 5 minutes. Teams and their fans should not feel like they have to adapt the playbook or just accept that he will show up on gamedays no matter how he practices. In fact, Tebow's overall game performances have proved coaches' analysis of him right. He does play terribly for the majority of a lot of games and does not show up until the last few minutes. "Tebow Time" was a cute name for five minutes of excellence after 55 minutes of insultingly bad football. Coaches have no business starting a guy on the assumption that his D and Special Teams will play so outstanding that the offense only needs 10-17 points. That is a great way to show incompetence and lose your locker room.

19. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

That is a concept Teboners just can't seem to grasp. You can win some games with Tebow, but you have to have a defense playing lights out almost the entire game. There are of course a few exceptions, but generaly he's no better than a Brad Johnson type. It will take a HOF defense to get him a SB ring.

So what if he can run? He still has the offense going nowhere until the defense they are playing against goes to the bend but not break mode. He still finishes dead last in passing. In the end, he's gonna have to hope for a team like the one Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson had to carry him to a Super Bowl. Cuz he sure as hell isn't going to carry anyone for 4 quarters. ...unless he figures out how to pass.

20. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

This

/discussion