Hamsah Nasirildeen: 2021's (Defensive) Steal of the Draft;

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 10, 2021.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The thing is however that there are basically 3 players competting for the WLB position: Cashman (who can't stay healthy & is injured now), Nasirildeen and Sherwood. The Jets will keep 2 WLBs. Chances are that Nasirildeen makes the roster. Right now the starting job is his to lose. Cashman better get healthy and stay that way, or he could be the odd man out. Mac drafted him. JD owes him nothing.

2. Northlaker620

Northlaker620 New Member

Agree on Cashman - and it does seem like one more injury and he will be gone. And, certainly if Nasireldeen keeps playing/performing like he seemingly is - he’ll be on the 53. However, there is a long way to go till September

3. DefenseWinsChampionships

I'm just excited that as an FSU and crazed NCAA fan after we traded away Jamal Adams I immediately began to scream the name 'Hamsah Nasirildeen' as his future replacement and now look, 1 year later; he's a JET and I couldn't be more pumped this kid was an even bigger tackling machine @ FSU than Jamal Adams was @ LSU and regardless if he's listed as an OLB there is no question in my mind that he won't line up all over our Defense within the same ways #33 once did; kid is the toughest and most physical FSU DB I've ever witnessed.

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

right. I haven’t heard much of Guidry so just going off last year when he was good in the slot.
    Hall, Pinnock, Dunn seem to have gotten tons of PT so far

#44 Mogriffjr, Jun 16, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. DefenseWinsChampionships

Say less.

(Forced fumble inside the red zone and as I've stayed many of times before as an FSU fan Hamsah Nasirildeen was the most physical defensive player I've ever witnessed and with seasons of 90+ tackles and 100+ tackles not even Jamal Adams was a tackling machine quite like our Hamsah Nasirildeen was not even #33 could ever fly to the ball quite like this beast does).

6. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yup.

Marvin Jones.
    Coles.
    Leon.

All FSU fan favorites of the Jets.

But this kid Hamsah Nasirildeen is more talented than them all.

He's going to record 100+ tackles as a rookie and make the Pro Bowl team because Jets fans are on the verge of falling in love with him.

5.8 tackles per game is NOTHING to this animal because @ FSU he was recording 91 and 101 tackles as a SAFETY. Now @ OLB within a 4-3 and next to C.J. Mosley and behind QUINNEN WILLIAMS and much closer to the L.O.S?

Unstoppable.

1st round worthy | 6th round steal | STEAL OF THE ENTIRE NFL DRAFT.

7. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

he forced the fumble in te RZ, right?

8. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

He was a good player for FSU. Highly recruited and a tweener for Lb. love his size and speed Combo.

9. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

One preseason game and he is already more talented than Marvin Jones?

Good to know that we can foresee a players future after 3 tackles against second string.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I have high hopes for Hamsah but I think we'll be pulling our hair out a bit this year with him getting blocked out of plays. He still needs to put on some weight. There's also the possibility of him being overtaken by Sherwood at some point.

NCJetsfan and Lon Chaney like this.
  11. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I'm liking what I have seen with Hamsah so far but like you say, he needs to put on some weight. I think his coverage ability will be a big plus we get from him so that could suffer a little if he tries to bulk up too much.

Just too many posters around here putting guys in the HOF after one preseason game though.

abyzmul likes this.
  12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

As opposed to the OP who crowns him before the first preseason game... :confused:

13. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

he he didn't do much but didn't do anything wrong. the DBs as a whole looked good though as did huff and hamilcar so maybe our back 7 will be good this season.
    On a side note JOK went beast mode his 1st game, I wanted him pretty bad in the draft

14. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

What happened with this guy? A lot of you were saying how he was such a great steal in the draft and then he barely played. Was he injured? Was he awful? What's the story?

15. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

The DWC curse. It's like the Madden curse but less famous

16. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

DWC?

17. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

He played in 12 games, but couldn't live up to the hype DWC gave him.

18. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I see. Tks. Maybe next year.

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I’m all for developing players and what not but I hope Douglas and Saleh abandon this idea of him or Sherwood playing any meaningful snaps at linebacker next year. You wanna stash them as backup defensive backs to play special teams so be it but unless these two come in yolked up, they can’t be counted on in the linebacker rotation.

Part of being a good general manager is knowing when to pivot and not keeping guys around simply because you drafted them. We have too many draft picks and cap space to keep guys around because we took them.

20. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

pretty much a cipher

cval likes this.