Hackenberg/Bates Article on Yahoo

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by championjets69, May 29, 2018.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Uhhh what? They gave him every chance in the world to win the starting job last year. They were begging him to. The issue is he was a terrible QB. He wasn’t good in college past his freshman year and he was so bad that Bryce friggen Petty got his number called twice before Hack even sniffed a pro field. Terrible QBs usually don’t make it in the NFL. I don’t know why Hack is viewed any differently.

HomeoftheJets and FJF like this.
  2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

"Hey coach.... I'm thinking I need to rework my throwing motion in the offseason... kinda like Tiger Woods changes his swing"

"Uhhh.... That's great kid...We're drafting your replacement this spring anyway"

Cman68, TonyFtLaud, joe and 3 others like this.
  3. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

"But but that's not fair..wah wah"

4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

. . his dry wit . . : )

5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

No Jets fan needs to find things to complain about - they're all right in front of us.

If you own stock in a company do you want the COO and the VP of production to communicate about those things they make or is it okay if each one is following his own path? I can't believe you're so interested in making excuses for these guys that you can't see how outrageous the situation is, or at least won't admit it.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Yeah, you are complaining about things that are irrelevant to today's Jets.

7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

What's more relevant than a coaching staff that doesn't know what each other are doing?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

I still can't stop wondering what prompted them to draft him in the first place. It seemed that they realized he was horrible the minute he arrived at the facility. So who the hell scouted the fucking guy??

9. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I'm guessing there was a Macc-Houston-O'Brien connection ...... "This kid's got real potential"
    At least that's the only thing I can think of.... aside from the kid LOOKING the part of a QB :confused:

10. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

In the 'Hackenberg traded to the Raiders' thread I asked if he really did talk shit when he was traded. Turns out he did. Earth to Hackenberg, what a stupid move. It's not like he turned into the next Montana and made his feelings known after he earned the right to talk shit. Burning bridges in an industry where you're trying to succeed isn't exactly smart. It amazes me how some people just can't shut up.

Recently heard from someone on another board that his son's friend went to school with him and he was an insufferable arrogant braggart who thought he was far better than he really was. Bad-mouthed O'Brien when he left PSU and blamed his failings on him, never held himself accountable for his poor play, and had that whole "Don't you know who I am?" kind of thing going on. Hearsay, but a credible source and I tend to believe it now. No, no, I'm not Manish Mehta.

It was just a bad fit and a stupid pick. Not sure what the 'condition' part of the 7th round conditional pick means? I guess if he makes the practice squad, haha. What I did hear through the rumor mill before the trade was that he was always complaining that he wasn't being coached up properly, no-one on the staff was interested in really helping him improve, they were stifling his development, blah blah. Did the Jets handle him wrong? Maybe. Should he have shut his mouth? Yes. If you notice, none of his teammates ever had anything positive to say about him. They didn't ream him (which is good), but I never heard anyone in my recollection say anything supportive. I'm probably reading way too much into it, but maybe they just didn't like his "I'm being oppressed!" vibe.

If his attitude really was that bad, I care even less than I did before that he's out of here. I can't even believe the Jets got a bag of circus peanuts for him, actually. Ugh, who remembers the pity party in the media for poor little Timmy Tebow over how the Jets ruined his career. Cry me a river. It was so bad I'm surprised they didn't start publishing pictures of Tiny Tim's crutch and an empty stool by the fire. The Tebow signing was a disaster from the word go, but at least Tebow wasn't a total dick about it in the aftermath. I think Sanchez got tooled is some ways, he just wasn't good enough to overcome the tooling. What was this about again? Right. Hackenberg and his fat mouth.

This should be merged with Hackenberg/Raiders thread. Mostly so we can talk about something more fun. Like curling.

#50 jetophile, Jun 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    Acad23 likes this.
  11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You guys done talking bout Hackenberg yet?

12. jetophile

Dunno. You? Thread will be bumped in October when he starts setting the league on fire. Probably by arson.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Yep. Hack is history...

14. BroadwayAaron

People still talk about Greg McElroy. You want us to stop talking about Hackenberg?

Cman68 and jetophile like this.
  15. jetophile

Haha. By the way, I hear Ricky Ray . . . never mind.

16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Let's talk about Kellen Clemens. The Chargers recently made him available. Sign the beast?

NYJetsO12 and FJF like this.
  17. BroadwayAaron

I hear Bret Ratliff is still out there.

jetophile and FJF like this.
  18. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Chris Simms is the obvious answer.

jetophile likes this.
  19. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

No chef can make a chicken salad out of chicken shit.

Even frying the chicken shit to make it more crisp still renders it a chicken shit. A fried one, but still shit.

20. jetophile

Erik Ainge. Let's go.