Gyc

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by wildthing202, Feb 15, 2006.

1. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

Emperor junc declares anything that doesn't fit with his version of reality as irrelevant.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I don't know about that, they give out about 4 titles a year. If that's the case we count AL East and AL pennants which brings the # of Yankee Championships to 79(29 World Series, 39 AL penannts, 14 AL East Pennants). I think there is a soccer team that has more titles but I don'think it's ManU and again no one cares about that sport in this Country.

3. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Yeah,i see a lot of attention payed to that soccer team. their hats and jerseys are everywhere!

4. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

Who cares? Most of it happened before 1980. Try living in the 21st century where the Yankees have 0 WS titles.

5. nyjunc

Why do we keep records then? why not just burn all the records if past championships are irrelevant? We have a WS title this decade to go w/ 3 at the end of last decade(in a 5 yr span we have just 2 less than Boston in over 100 yrs).

Since 1980:

Yankees: 4 World Titles
    Boston: 1

Is that good enough for you?

6. wildthing202

This century

Yankees : 0
    Red Sox: 1

7. nyjunc

Actually 2000 is this Century, not this millenium but it is this Century and it shows how pathethic your team has been when you need to rationalize things like this.

8. wildthing202

9. typeOnegative13NY

damn,thats scraping the bottom for reasoning.

10. wildthing202

How? You can talk about 20th century baseball all you want but it's just irrelevent to everyone since it happened in the last millennium. I'm just talking about baseball that had occured in this millennium.

11. nyjunc

In 50 years the 20th Century might be irrelevant but when it was only 6 years ago it's relevant.

12. typeOnegative13NY

well,last time i checked the world had a party celebrating the millennium on the eve of 1999-2000. So ,thats the way it is looked at,except when talking yanks/sox baseball I guess. Technically,yes,2001 is considered the new century. But still in all,thats a pathetic attempt to try and bury the success of the Yankees compared to the pathetic-ness of the Sox history.
    As much as I hated to see the Sox win and i would never lie and say i wasn't crushed,that win only drew attention to the glorified 86 years of failure to the whole baseball world when before it only mattered to the AL east fans and,oh yeah,that jealous team across the bridge.

13. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

jeez junc we have gone through his before.... I know you personally don't care about soccer but because you and about 200 million people out of 7 billion don't care doesn't mean it is irrelavant. You can choose to ignore the records but that doesn't mean they don't exist. Once again for your pleasure

Real Madrid has 29 Spanish Championships, that is not including any of these so called 4 other championships they don't hand out but you say exist. They have 9 Champions League Titles, that would be the equivalant of taking the top 4 teams in the US, Mexico, Japan, South Korea, Dominican Republic, Venezuela, Cuba, Canada, and Panama and playing a tournament to find out who is the best in the world.

Juventus in the Italian League has 26 Italian Championships that is the equivalant to 26 World Series titles because just like the WS it is a domestic championship.

Arguabley the most succesful franchise on the planet is Bayern Munich in the German league as they have 19 and closing in on 20 German Titles in less than 40 years. When a team has won 50% of the titles in it's league that is what you call domination.

If we really want to get technical how many Yankee championships are really "world series"? Maybe the last 4 because in the 80's is when baseball truely became a global game. On the other hand soccer always has been and always will be a global game. If you really want to make a fuss out of this The Yankees haven't won any World Series titles just American domestic championships.

BTW... have a nice GYC day

14. Chaddaboy

Chaddaboy New Member

Lets be fair to the yankees here, they officially own as per the record books, the greatest choke in the history of north american sports, and that cannot be taken away from them. Congratulations.

15. nyjunc

real madrid was thew team I was trying to think of but either way soccer s not a big spectator sport in this Country, baseball is. People care more about baseball and the NY Yankees than they do about some foreign soccer teams. If we cared about soccer our best athletes would play soccer instead of football and basketball and we'd win the WC but our best athletes play other sports b/c those are the sports we care about in this Country.

16. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

The world is fucked.

17. FirstTimeCaller

FirstTimeCaller Active Member

We've gone over this before. Real Madrid has more...

18. FirstTimeCaller

Actually they are... with all due respect your probably just to ignorant (to soccer) to notice them. Man U seels just as much if not more then the NYY... they actually have an Adidas marketing agreement to cross market products... but you're a die hard Yankee fan so I'm sure you know that already. LOL!

19. FirstTimeCaller

Just a side note here... I wonder how many Americans are in MLB nowadays...

20. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

the GYC is picking up steam