Guys, please remember...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 12, 2022.

1. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Just the Giants game; that’s why I asked. Maybe I’ll check out the rest of their games tomorrow/Saturday.

I was just looking for some good things about their game that can’t be attributed to Rodgers. And you gave me answers; discipline and play calling. If you’re happy with those answers, so am I. We can now add run game.

Noam likes this.
  2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Got it. From what I watched so far, that is a tougher answer, because AR takes the team to a totally different level. Corral AR and we control the game. He has pedestrian WR but makes them look great. The running game is somehow slightly biased because the primary defensive formations are geared to keep AR contained. He is impossible to disguise formations from and exploits every inch of your D weakness. He can find his WR and place the ball in the tightest of windows. The D is better than average, but they have been maligned and on the field a lot by offensive turn overs. We have to be patient and execute our defensive plan with care.To your point, in the end, they live and die by AR performance, and given time to throw his WR look like world beaters.

#82 LAJet, Oct 13, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2022
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Aha.

I see signs of tension already. We win, sunshiners will gloat and darksiders will be mad. We lose, darksiders will burn the team down and sunshiners will be mad.

Poor Brook! can't win in any case. Let's tie then.

NCJetsfan and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Mad if the Jets lose I can see in a heart beat, but will there be ever be a time when the Jets win a game and everybody is happy?

Jets79 likes this.
  5. Brook!

I think it will happen the game we clinch playoffs :)

Not sure if we are making this year though. I am hopeful.

LAJet likes this.
  6. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

I really get a kick out of the "darksiders" comment. It's so fitting.

7. Brook!

You are what? Sunshiner, darksider or whitesider?

I am a proud whitesider. Sometimes I line up with darksiders and sometimes sunshiners.

8. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

I'm a sunshiner cause I love football and have no expectations.

KingRoach and NCJetsfan like this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It is, but imo it's excessive. We saw last week when Quinnen and Lawson played more than they had previously this season and their production was a lot better. The other thing is that they've had their best DL players off the field at the same time. I saw a statistic somewhere that when Quinnen, Lawson and JJ are on the field together, their production is better than any other trio of DL. Along with Huff, they have been our most successful DL. They need to be on the field more.

ColoradoContrails and dmw like this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Romeo Doubs is an excellent young WR. From what I've read, he has been improving each week. They have a good TE in Robert Tonyan.

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Please no ties. All I want to see is progress but I think we can beat these guys!

12. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

1) https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/_/view/defense/table/rushing/sort/rushingYardsPerGame/dir/asc
    they give up more yds/game vs the run than we do

2) https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/_/table/rushing/sort/rushingYardsPerGame/dir/desc

run game is better than average, not top 5 or 10 but 11th...

3) https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/player/_/table/passing/sort/passingYardsPerGame/dir/desc
    Rodgers is avg 231 yd/game thus far. hardly AT WILL
    btw, over 2 games Zach is avg 231

NCJetsfan and KingRoach like this.
  13. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

is there a moonshiner category?

those who drink too much cos of years of Jets induced agita?

I think GB deserves the edge in win probablility. But their margin for error is pretty small from my POV.

and for whome said we didnt stop Hill/Waddle 10 catches for 70 yds on 11 targets.

Breece Hall 2/100

NCJetsfan, cval, stinkyB and 2 others like this.
  14. Johnny "Lam" Jones

Johnny "Lam" Jones Active Member

if we went by the point spread every week, the Jets would be 0-5 looking at 0-6 this week.

the bettors still dont believe in the Jets.

my expectations are low.

i expect a good game where the jets hold their own.

Lam

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

If we don't win by 3 clear TDs then I'm done with this team.

Brook! and KY Jets Fan like this.
  16. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Now THIS is the measured response I come to TGG for!!!

17. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

after fucking Mac, I’m glad to have a GM that actually believes drafting OL is a good thing…

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  18. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

https://jetsxfactor.com/2022/10/14/3-disadvantages-jets-overcome-packers/

Good breakdown of some disadvantages we have on Sunday vs the Packers. Mirrors some of the keys to the game I posted in the Game Thread stickied up top on the forum. Specifically Packers DL and Aaron Jones.

Jets offensive line vs. Packers defensive line
    The pressure starts up the middle with Kenny Clark. Clark is tied for the fifth-most pressures among interior defensive linemen with 17. His 12.7% pressure rate is third among all IDL (incidentally, Quinnen Williams leads all IDL at 13.8%). He also has two sacks.

Dean Lowry, another Packers interior lineman who’s taken 72 pass-rushing snaps, is eighth with an 11.1% pressure rate.

From the edge, Rashan Gary has established himself as one of the most dominant edge rushers in the NFL. He ranks fifth with a 16% pressure rate and is tied for seventh with five sacks. Preston Smith is 17th with a 13.7% pressure mark (71st percentile among edge rushers) and has also contributed 3.5 sacks.

Jets’ middle-of-the-field defense vs. Packers’ pass-catchers
    The Packers have been successful over the middle of the field this season. Per Next Gen Stats, they’re sixth in total yards (476), eighth in completions (40), and second in passer rating (129.7).

Meanwhile, the middle of the field has been an area of struggle for the Jets’ defense. They’ve permitted the eighth-most yards (471), 14th-most completions (34), and the third-worst passer rating (126.3) despite defending against the 19th-most attempts in the middle of the field.

Aaron Jones vs. Jets tacklers
    The bete noire of the New York Jets’ defense this season has been tackling. At linebacker, Kwon Alexander has been surprisingly surehanded this season, missing just 6.9% of tackles (73rd percentile among linebackers) after posting a 17.8% rate for his career prior to 2022. The Jets need to hope that continues. C.J. Mosley is also above average with an 8.5% miss rate (59th percentile).

It’s in the secondary where the tackling has been suspect. Jordan Whitehead ranks 54th out of 65 qualified safeties (17th percentile) with a 20.6% missed tackle rate. Lamarcus Joyner is 45th at 15.4%. Sauce Gardner and D.J. Reed have miss rates of 13.4% and 13.0%, respectively, above the cornerback average of 12.3%.

19. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

I don't expect us to win, but it would not surprise me. This is not the same Packer team, although they still might win. The Vikings pushed the Packers all over the place on opening day. The Pats literally scored at win against the Pack, despite losing. The Giants would have never beat the Packers a year or so ago. They just seem like a different team.

20. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

That's it right here. Well said.