Guys, please remember...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 12, 2022.

1. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Who said masterful job. He signed guys who can play multiple positions on OL. That's been part of his strategy he always stated.
    Masterful job?!! Who said that? Douglas always said from day 1 he would sign or draft OL who can play multiple positions. We see that in AVT and Fant, etc.. Could JD have drafted more OL versus a few other head-scratchers sure. I said versatility, Douglas has literally preached the since he came here about the OL.

hornblower likes this.
  2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Im convinced what GB has done to date is truly not indicative of how talented they are. They are better than that. It will be a big challenge for us. Conversely, what we have done to date has only begun to scratch the surface of what we are capable of doing if we correct a few errors, unnecessary penalties and timing issues. This is the type of game that exposes our rookies to the level of challenges we must overcome, particularly defensively to win and against a contender. I think much like Loge, this is a tremendous opportunity for this team to measure themselves against and learn what really takes to be a contender. Cant wait to see how prepared we are for this one.

KY Jets Fan, NCJetsfan and Noam like this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Everything is relative, of course, but overall, I think our front 7 is smaller than many defenses in the NFL. This D alignment requires smaller, more agile defenders with sideline-to-sideline speed. For the DL that means rather than holding their ground and tieing up blockers, they are trying to penetrate and disrupt. In a sense it is over aggressive, which opposing offenses can take advantage of with trap plays and also with bigger stronger man blocking on the OL can overpower and wear down the smaller, faster DL.

#63 NCJetsfan, Oct 13, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2022
    Noam likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Great post! Spot on imo!

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  5. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Well I took it as you just stopped short saying it.

You can clear it you for me though. Had JD done a good job with the OL, yes or no. Overall.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The game in GB is winnable if the Jets run the ball very well and don't rely on ZW to win a competition against AR.

It's not a favorable matchup at all but if the Jets can run the ball 35 times for 140+ yards there's a very good chance we swipe a win out of it.

One thing to remember about the 3 wins this year is that they have all been against a backup/3rd string QB. If we're going to get win 4 with AR playing for the Packers we're going to have to do the things we do well early and often.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  7. bicketybam

You will believe in Wilson at some point. I just know it.

8. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Maybe that's why they have the rotation of the D-lineman. So they don't get tired.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

23.2 ppg on the season ... 32 ppg with zach

Noam likes this.
  10. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

What talent are you referencing?

Besides QB, what position group for the Packers have you heard was good? Any prime time players? Fill me in on this talent.

11. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I meant players, but you're right it's probably more fans ; ) How many have you watched this week? There's some good ones out there. Boy, are we starved for good news and good times.

12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

The have a very stout D particularly tough against the run, a much better than average running game, which is more than Aaron needs, coupled with great coaching and game planning. They don’t have super star power at WR particularly with Adams gone but AR still moves the ball thru the air at will. I think they are better than the record shows. They are a disciplined, effective well coached team. I wouldn't mind, however, if they prove me dead wrong come Sunday.

NCJetsfan and Noam like this.
  13. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I just don't want to take a step backwards. I don't want one week step forward next week 2 steps back. Be competitive, win or lose.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Overall. JD has NOT done a good job. We only have one (maybe two) long-term starters on the line with AVT in 3 drafts and seasons.

And maybe that's what he wants to do. Rather go for positional versatility then premium talent on the OL anymore. Keep swapping the OLine around until you find the right config.

15. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

Rodgers Jones Dillon on O

who else?
    I was talking about GB, fyi

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  16. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I checked… they’ve been allowing big yards to RBs all season sans the Buccs game.

So “coaching and game planing” is the answer to “besides Rodgers, what’s good about the Packers”? Cool

17. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Didn't the Jets have a backup QB for three games?

PabloJa and Acad23 like this.
  18. bicketybam

Oh yeah! That guy with cement shoes that can't get out of him own way! Now I remember

19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

What are you looking for?
    Their average run per game is better than everyone they faced
    Their average pass per game, first downs, and TD is better than every one they faced
    Their total number of first downs, third downs, and fourth downs is better than everyone they faced
    They are 3-2 because they lost the turn over battle. Period
    Have you actually watched them play.?

20. bicketybam

I'm so confused

You can have it both ways just to fit a narrative. I'll leave it at that