Gutsy performance by Wilson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Sep 11, 2023.

1. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

no wrong
    he does have all the talent in the world but to bad he can’t read a nfl defense and is as accurate as Jamarcus russell. Did you see how Peyton manning knew like every play when he was commentating, you think zack Wilson will ever figure it out? Can’t teach that either you got it or you don’t

SOJAZ likes this.
  2. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Got any better ideas? All he has to do is manage the offense. Allen is the one who can't read a defense. He thought Whitehead was on the Bills.

3. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

All qbs have bad games you seriously comparing josh Allen to Zack Wilson bro?

SOJAZ likes this.
  4. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I'm saying Zach beat Allen today. Stop going down the rabbit hole. Maybe you need to be on the Buffalo Bills website. I'm gonna support whoever the Jets QB is. I not giving props to any other team. Got it?

cval likes this.
  5. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

Hard not to lose when your defense has 4 takeaways you rush for over 150 yards and you get a punt return for a td. Just like last year Zack didn’t beat no one, when breece got injured how many games did he win? The kid stinks but the jets are to proud to cut their losses, that’s why they haven’t made the playoffs in almost 2 decades and get a star qb and don’t even improve the offensive line.

SOJAZ likes this.
  6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Ummm, it could be said that Allen beat himself. All Zach did was not LOSE the game. He hardly WON the game and his numbers show that. Saw a lot of '22 ZW last night. The bad throws, running backwards, the usual comedy. The Jet D won this game along with a very timely PRTD from the X-Man. You can be a Zach fan, but lets not get crazy with giving credit where its not warranted.

SOJAZ and Ralebird like this.
  7. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

you forgot throwing it right into the defenders hands with no wide receivers in the proximity. Nothing has changed but apparently delusional jets fans think different. Zack can have 2 yards passing next week and the jets can have 3 pick 6’s and still win the game and jets fans will be praising him. If 2 offensive coordinators now shown they do not trust him there’s gotta be a reason for this.

SOJAZ and Cman68 like this.
  8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It's pretty fucking obvious by looking at your post history that you are a rival fan pretending to be a Jets fan. We own you that badly.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  9. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

yeah pretending to be a jets fan better reread all my posts and give me one reference where I praise the bills. But than again you are delusional thinking Zack Wilson is the savior for the 3rd year in a row so you must be delusional
    About everything else

10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The day Wilson was named the number two quarterback he was expected to come in to any game at any time. That's what his job is.

SOJAZ and papapump like this.
  11. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

140 yards with a bonehead Interception right into the defenders hands, let’s praise the kid because he didn’t throw it right into the defenders hands more often last night! Great game manager going to take us to the Super Bowl I tell you! Kid is mentally tough for sure and his accuracy and football iq is off the charts! Joe d are you dumb pick up his option today and extend him like Daniel jones!

SOJAZ likes this.
  12. cval

cval Well-Known Member

And he did

13. Ralebird

For what it's worth.

SOJAZ likes this.
  14. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I believe we won the game.

15. Ralebird

Yes. The question being discussed here is the performance of Zach Wilson. Did you see the game?

Stevied likes this.
  16. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

It's morning again in Ganggreen.com (Anyone get the reference?).

After barely sleeping and absorbing the crushing blow of what was essentially telegraphed was going to happen for months now, my focus is no on Zach Wilson. At the end of this season, one of two things must happen:

1) Zach Wilson gets an extension as the established franchise quarterback of this team.

2) Zach Wilson is cut.

I don't want to hear how young he is or how he needs more time to develop. This is year three. He is surrounded by an experience offensive coordinator and more than enough offensive firepower to fairly evaluate him. Yes, the offensive line was, is, and always will be an absolute mess, but that is part of the evaluation: reacting to breakdowns on the offensive line.

This season is no longer about making the playoffs, or the team's record. Those dreams are dead. This season is now about having an undisputed, absolute answer to what Zach Wilson is.

Sadly, an answer, whatever it may be, is all we have to look forward to.

Jets79 likes this.
  17. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

imagine if we lost the game

Guys enjoy the moment; hope for the best; hope for growth and i'd like to think there will be some tailoring of the game plan too

Zach didn't crumble after the pick -- that has to be worth something

Allen had more picks than Zach -- that has to be worth something

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The Jets are now all defense and running game, a formula that worked for teams 20 years ago when the league wasn't so obsessed with high scoring games.

If they can get Zach to minimize mistakes they can probably win 8-10 games. But as tough as Zach was last night, he still had the deer-in-headlights look for most of the game and that plus Boyle is a little scarier than we need at QB. They have to bring someone in at this point.

BTW, as had been mentioned many times here, cutting or trading Zach does not appear to work financially.

Brook! likes this.
  19. Ralebird

1) He has not demonstrated a reason to be given an extension.

2) Year four is essentially paid for - cutting him gains nothing but a roster slot.

That's today, unless there is a major change in his productivity expect neither of your choices to be realized.

20. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

I don't question this for a second. In fairness, I did say "At the end of this season", so that does give him the opportunity to perform a miracle.

It also sends a definitive message to the rest of the roster that the crap he has given us for the first two years is unacceptable.

A football season, especially a JETS football season, can be a long, LONG time.