Gutsy performance by Wilson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Sep 11, 2023.

1. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Someone needs to take out Milano…that guy is a fucking head hunter…he literally put his shoulder into Zach’s head.

If that was Brady or Manning or probably any other QB that’s a flag. Period. The fact that it wasn’t called or even really talked about by the announcers was total bullshit.

As for Zach, sure you can say he won the game, but come on, really? They didn’t trust him to make a throw to win the game in the end. They ran and played for time. GW bailed him out with a ridiculous catch on a pretty bad throw. But take away the stats and just watching the game, it’s just painful to watch him try and lead drives. Painful. I cringe every time he goes back to throw. I’ll give him credit for taking some rough hits and staying in there, and for the most part, I guess he made the easy layup throws that he missed so consistently last couple years.

But he’s just not a good QB right now. Yes the Buffalo pass rush was ferocious…Dallas will be worse next week. So hope he can build on this but hard to say he was good.

SOJAZ likes this.
  2. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I agree, but with this OLine who can look good? Even Rodgers looked lost for all the 4 plays he managed to.play. Maybe if Zach does not lose his confidence he can do something similar to what he did last season before bye, but sustain it for longer.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

No, it was Garrett Wilson, not Zach Wilson who made the plays he needed to make. The ball in the dirt that he somehow dug out and then the ball thrown to the defender that he reached back at and tapped to his other hand as he went down. That one you'll get to see over and over.

SOJAZ, Jets79, Yankee6 and 2 others like this.
  4. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

Garrwtt Wilson and Breece Hall are classy players.

SOJAZ and chandler like this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It’s tough to come off the bench cold with limited practice reps in any scenario

but when everyone is practically burning the stadium down because Aaron Rodgers got hurt in 4 plays it’s infinitely harder

we are probably screwed big time with Wilson but he showed some balls tonight

6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Great call out. He played well considering the circumstances. Defense was why we won the game but Wilson held his own.

LAJet, KY Jets Fan, chandler and 4 others like this.
  7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

When I said "He led them to a win", I meant it in the sense that - for better or worse - QBs are given the credit, or blame, for Ws and Ls. Breece and Garrett could be fairly credited with winning the game (on offense), and the defense, especially White, can certainly be credited with winning the game, but Zach didn't make any stupid mistakes that cost them the game, unlike Allen.

No, he's not a good QB right now, but he's much improved, and showed that there's something to build on. He certainly made a lot of plays that his doubters said he can't make, so who's to say he can't become a good QB?

Jojo likes this.
  8. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

Depends what you mean by "good". Do you mean can he become our "Trent Dilfer"?

9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

That wouldn't be the worst outcome. IDK, he might become what he was drafted to be, although that's unlikely. He could also still fail, he hasn't proven anything yet. But he has shown improvement, and tonight it was against one of the best teams in the NFL under trying circumstances. He's shown he has guts and resolve, which count for a lot.

burf and sozopol like this.
  10. Yankee6

Yankee6 Well-Known Member

what about the TD pass that should have been a pick if not for 17 batting it back to himself with a miraculous catch?

SOJAZ, sozopol and Snatch Catch like this.
  11. Ralebird

What did you see him do to support he "made a lot of plays that his doubters said he can't make"? If you're not just talking about tonight what has he ever done with consistency?

12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Zach did ok... he made at least two clutch 3rd & long throws.

And he did outplay Josh Allen... ;)

13. burf

burf Well-Known Member

I rarely go negative, but man, what a bunch of whining "fans" we have here.
    The Jets won a game they usually lose.
    Breece Hall seems back.
    The whole team showed rare guts, & everyone (yes, including Zach) stepped up, & beat one of their biggest rivals.
    Their kicker was flawless, as was their punter.
    They've found another undrafted gem, in Gipson.
    JJ seems to have taken a huge leap.

I can go on, but nah, let's whine about how Zach sucks, etc, etc, etc, ad nauseum.
    Bad break with AR's injury, but otherwise, the team beat their division rival, & now it's on the CS to deal with the loss, & devise a plan that utilizes Zach's talents, & let's him continue to take steps forward.
    And obviously, add another QB to the mix.

14. Yankee6

Yankee6 Well-Known Member

Its 2022 all over again except with a tougher schedule. We aint making the playoffs AGAIN.

15. Ralebird

The GM gets a pass? All is well in Jetsland.

16. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

Listen Zack Wilson still sucks, the defense and Breece hall yet again won the game, that td pass to Garret Wilson was highly innacurate and should of been picked, Garret Wilson not only saved the pick but somehow caught it, he is still throwing low, he stinks, Also Josh Allen had a terrible game, if he plays like his norm Jets lose, Also as you clearly saw Hackett doesn't trust Zack Wilson, he ran the ball every chance he had and tried to take it out of his hands. Mike LAfleur don't trust Zack Wilson, Hackett don't trust Zack Wilson? See a pattern? With Zack Wilson the Jets waste maybe the best defense in the league this year and Breece hall and Garret Wilsons talents. Joe Douglas fails again, if the Jets fail to make the playoffs this year he needs to be canned, how many years does he get to build a competent offensive line huh? Was the pick swap really neccessary? I used to hate Saleh but its not his fault Joe D is a bufoon, Saleh has shown to get the most ouf of players, and the team fights for him, Saleh is growing on me, but Joe D got to go.

#76 jets4848, Sep 12, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
    SOJAZ and Ralebird like this.
  17. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

Remember, there was NO game plan for Zach. Hes been with #2 squad in practice. NOBODY , expected he'd have to play..LAST NIGHT. All we can do now is see what Hackett can do for him. Hackett has never developed a QB before.
    We have a legit run game, that should be helpful, since the line run blocks better.
    It is what it is.

18. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

legit run game is irrelevant when the opposing defenses don’t respect your quarterback and stack the box. That’s what happened last year when Wilson got exposed. There is no game plan for zack Wilson he stinks can’t gameplan around someone who isn’t a nfl capable qb. Guy had a 140 yards passing today in basically a full game, and the usual
    Stupid interception, what makes you think he is any better than last year or a competent nfl qb?

#78 jets4848, Sep 12, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
    SOJAZ likes this.
  19. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

I do not want to say the obvious but Hackett and the whole Jets offense had the gameplan with Rodgers in mind and not Wilson. After the INT and because of the RBs good runs, it became apparent that the offense had to limit errors to win this game (which they did). As for Zach, we all know him, he has many flaws especially with accuracy and game management/reading but coming in like he did with little preparation is never an easy task, so I will give him props.

Jojo, KY Jets Fan and NY Jets68 like this.
  20. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I still believe in Zach. He has talent just have to get it out of him. But if Breece is healthy all year we will make the playoffs.