Gutsy performance by Wilson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Sep 11, 2023.

1. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Ya--seems so--thx

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  2. Vader

Vader Member

ya the time to throw is independent from the other stat. but think about it, what said seems true! what other QB does that???

3. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Time to throw stats usually differentiate between scrambles and moving within the pocket.

4. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Fran Tarkenton? lol

5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

So, rather than discuss the issues because you don't have the answers, you resort to the lame "you don't know football" attack. Great.

For the record - the play lasted a full ten seconds, regardless of the "fact" that you claim it was over in two.

#685 Ralebird, Sep 20, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2023
  6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

pressure rate is more important then sacks. I'd gladly take a 10% pressure rate 5 sack game over a 70% pressure rate 4 sack game if I was a QB

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  7. GasedAndConfused

it's not an attack. it's factual. I tried to explain it to you, you can't comprehend it, so there is no way to have a conversation. it would be like me trying to discuss string theory with a physics major. I don't have an understanding of it to have that conversation. it isn't an attack, it's just a fact. or like a mechanic trying to explain car issues to a non mechanic. You just don't understand football at the same level as many here which is why it's always an argument with you and everyone else. I'm just being honest and respectful. If i wanted to "attack" you as you say, I'd just say "you're a helpless idiot and you should go play in traffic" but I didn't do that. I simply stated a factual answer if why we can't have this conversation after I tried to have it and explain it. You just can't comprehend it so there is no point.

8. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

what would you rather take a qb who throws for 250 yards every game that averages more tds than interceptions which is your average nfl qb not superstar but avg or a qb that throws for 150 yards every game and averages more interceptions than touchdowns which is a guy named
    Zach Wilson?

9. GasedAndConfused

I'd rather have the conversation with the fan smart enough to know stats don't mean everyhting. stawise week 1 zach was a better QB then the following, burrow, allen, mahomes, and lawerence. so yeah thats what stats get you.

10. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

how about the rest of the 24 weeks he played? Compare them
    To those QBs. I rather have a conversation with a guy who has watched a competent qb play not just someone who finds 1 game to compare a shitbox to a qb who has success in this league long term. You’re saying Mahomes and Allen had 1 bad game and comparing them to Zach Wilson? I mean that’s pretty dumb don’t you think to even compare them when Zach hasn’t had 1 good game in 25 starts now and these people won mvps

11. GasedAndConfused

i never said zach wasn't bad. what I said was your argument of why he is bad is a poor one.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  12. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

How does Josh Allen get those ratings after we punked him in week one.

There are only two games soi far so on average he is having a bad season.

13. Ralebird

It happens here often but anytime someone here has told another they know nothing of football, it is strictly their own opinion of superiority, not a fact and is a patronizing personal attack.

At least you haven't again told me that a video is a still, that players are never trying to make a play when a screen is busted and that, apparently, the play was over seven seconds before the whistle. Too bad nobody told Carr or either Wilson. What you have attempted to explain is selective textbook theory, not anything resembling the reality of the situation. And you've done it poorly.

14. GasedAndConfused

The difference here is I explained in detail how the play should go and it's very simple but you can't seem to understand it so IDK what else to say to you

15. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

We're still talking about that screen pass against Buffalo?

ouchy and NY Jets68 like this.
  16. Ralebird

Exactly! Thank you at last!

You explained how the play should go, according to your textbook. I explained how the play actually went.

17. GasedAndConfused

it went awful because of zach so whats your point.
    a screen is like an assembly line, you need everyone doing their part on time or it goes to shit. zach got out of line and the rest of the line was trying to do their jobs. 95% (probably higher) of times a QB doesn't complete or dirt the ball on a screen, you'll get an illegal man downfield penalty for that reason

18. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Maybe he's thinking of a play in Madden

19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Let the experts work it out.

dawinner127 likes this.
  20. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

Ok there coach
    Benched 2 times now once for a cfl quarterback 4th string qb, stats worse than Jamarcus Russell, 40 year old brought in to replace him, if that doesn't scream "bust", I don't know what does.