Gutsy performance by Wilson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Sep 11, 2023.

1. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

Saleh did. Not expecting good news per press conference

Jets79 likes this.
  2. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

The unfortunate problem with Wilson, he can't play a entire game, at a productive level, looks like Douglas will be scrambling tomorrow, isn't Flacco still available?

Snatch Catch likes this.
  3. burf

burf Well-Known Member

I understand that the usual suspects have to crap on Zach.
    ---> Thing is, the Jets won, under brutal circumstances <---
    And Zach was the QB.
    He's still making mistakes, but he's making some better decisions, hanging in the pocket better, & generally seems more in-control.
    I would hope with a week's practice, & given a little more leash from Hackett, they'll integrate some passing into the plan, if only to keep the Dallas D honest.

What I wanted to see was how the team dealt with pressure, & how Breece looked... pleased on both counts.
    Hopefully, AR will be back next week, or at worst, in a couple of weeks, but the team responded to an early catastrophe with maturity & resolve... & Zach did enough to win.

Good night in Jetsland...

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I agree but to expect him to lateral in that situation is a bit much lol.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  5. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

ok let me rephrase that “ he’s the worst backup in the league who was a first round pick” he’s also worst than many others who aren’t. Sorry I was exaggerating but I’m sick of this stuff oh well. We need to make a move period!

6. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

As long as we get 4 turnovers, a punt return TD, and a miraculous GW touchdown a week we should be fine. Fml. Most bittersweet night I can ever remember.
    The season not going anywhere. We have to bring in another QB. Should have prior to this.

7. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Zach Wilson just needs 5 more TDs to match his total from last season. Think about that.

Savatage likes this.
  8. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

9. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Lol and I hear you lol. I wasn't looking for him to lateral although it would have been interesting. LOL my point is he didn't even see him. Even when Garrett Wilson is his first option he never can go back to the first option I don't know how to explain it but you just watch it next game just watch his helmet watch his eyes he's staring to one side of the field every play every play every play. Again let me tell you I am so rooting for this mother f*****. I just don't know if that ever becomes something someone Masters.

SOJAZ likes this.
  10. Nyjets4eva

A win doesn’t make him better lol. We ran the ball every play after the turnover with man coverage and stacked box cause we didn’t trust him. Sorry I might be exaggerating, but he’s legit horrible I know what I watched and the coaching staff felt the same way. They literally played to take the FG and maybe win the game instead of trying to actually win the game cause they were afraid Mr number 2 overall might throw it directly to the other team again lol

11. Not Sure

Not Sure Active Member

Impressed with Saleh tonight.

12. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

You know you take away that one game where he tried to keep the three timeouts for double overtime? Who knows. But for the most part I think he's been a great game manager I really do I think he's been great with the clock playing the final two minutes with the ball without the ball. I have no problems with him as a as a head coach at all

13. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Obviously, would have rather taken the L and a healthy Rodgers; this may turn out to be one of the most expensive wins in Jets history.

SOJAZ, KY Jets Fan, stinkyB and 2 others like this.
  14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

No, Zach wasn't great, but he was good enough to lead his team to a win against arguably the 2nd best team in the AFC, after being called into action after 4 plays.

And while he made mistakes, why does someone like Allen make even more mistakes and costs his team the game isn't criticized?

And why was there no RTP on Milano for lowering his helmet into Zach? The zebras still don't respect them. Woody needs storm into Goodell's office tomorrow and rip him a new asshole. Enough is enough with the double standard.

Hopefully practicing with the 1's and having a game like this under his belt will help him take that next step because if Rodgers really does have a torn Achilles, the season rests on Wilson's shoulders.

15. Nyjets4eva

That’s why we have to make a move now or trade. It’s the only way to save the season. It doesn’t have to be a big name. But someone who can make a few simple throws a game that Wilson seems to struggle with still.

SOJAZ and Acad23 like this.
  16. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

That was the absolute worst case scenario for Wilson to come into. Definitely deserves props. He said some stupid things, but he is a gamer regardless if he's actually good.

Jets still need to trade for a QB. They will probably have to over pay too.

LAJet likes this.
  17. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Zach came in under devastating circumstances kept his cool and made some clutch throws especially that strike to Lazard as Wilson was taken to the turf.

chandler, NY Jets68, cval and 2 others like this.
  18. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Who is denying that, and how does that invalidate the statistic I just quoted?

19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Games aren't won - or lost - on statistics, they're determined by actual performance. Zach made the plays he needed to make, and made plays that many here have said he couldn't make, but of course now that he's done that, the goal posts have to be moved. SMH.

20. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Other than that pick, Wilson had a good night. He was relatively efficient and enjoyed a solid run game.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk