Guitar Players, Show us your Axe!!!

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Royal Tee, Jun 23, 2006.

1. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

I prefer my Rock Band Axe!

[​IMG]

2. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

The selection is limited in general, but that problem is magnified because the stores don't keep them in stock hardly at all. The issue is that I can't try different guitars out to see what works better than others, or which I like better, find more comfortable. I can find lefties online, but I hate to shop that way for a guitar.

3. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

^Do the best you can to find the guitar you want in the store by playing the righties, then order leftie seems to be your best choice.

So finally got around to it. The one on the left's a fretless Ibanez SR500. Middle is the acoustic which gets the most play mainly because I'm lazy and amps and wires are a PITA. The one on the right is my new one and a fave. A 5-string Ibanez SR485.

[​IMG]

4. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

Those bases look great. I love the style as well, great taste in finishes

5. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Fuk man. You guys make me envious.
    I've been too tied up to even pick up my guitar and pratice and to see all these friggin bad ass pix just pisses me off :beer:

6. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Nice gear moose. How do you like the Yamaha? I'm thinking of getting an acoustic and was looking at some of those, or an Ibanez.

7. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

I traded a girl I used to date for the Yamaha. Had a mexi-special before that, paid about $25 for it. I figure the Yamaha was probably between $100 and $150 brand new. I sounds good and stays surprisingly well in tune. Not great, but definitely worth its sticker. I'm sure it'd be brighter if I changed the strings more often, but it is definitely not the brightest guitar...kinda muddy.

If you are going to be playing a bunch of acoustic, especially with others, I like the Ovations. Even the electric ones have a bright sound...with the added bonus of being able to plug them in. I recommend giving one a try if you get a chance. You can get a decent one for <$200. Not sure about the electronics, but I like the sound either way on the ones I've played. Can't go wrong with the Yamaha for the price either though.

8. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I'm looking to get a new guitar tomorrow. Either a Les Paul STD, a Les Paul Custom, an Epiphone, or an Ibanez. I don't know a ton about axes, but Sam Ash has a nice sale going on. Not sure what direction to go in. Any suggestions/recommendations? I don't want to spend over like $900.

9. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I have always hated Ibanez guitars. If you can get a Les for 900 ,def go for that. A nice American made Strat is always good too.

10. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I play a Les Paul Studio myself... good guitar. You can find a nice starter Les Paul from Epiphone between $500-$700 bucks.

Best suggestion is to pick up a few different types and see what feels right or natural to you, and what sounds good to you as well when you play. You should be able to find a nice guitar though well within your price limit.

11. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I could get a used Les STD for $310. There was a Les custom for like $599 that was 40% off. Both seemed like great deals, and they looked like similar guitars, with the new one being a little shinier and crisper, but other than that, there was little difference.

12. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I finally got around to uploading a picture of my Peavey Wolfgang. An excellent guitar to learn on.

[​IMG]

13. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

14. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

I'm learning too but what I'm using is a POS heartfield fender.... bought it off my friend for like 80 bucks ... sorry no pics too embarrassing.

15. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

hahaha...don't worry, kid....none of us have any pride here.

16. IBLEEDGREEN17

im actually bringing it to a shop in a few days... i guess ill post up some pics after.

17. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Dude get a mexi-strat for like $300 and change...those things a crazy decent for the price

18. IBLEEDGREEN17

haha is my guitar that shitty? I mean its a heartfield fender talon... made in japan and all. Am I better off getting a new one? why?

19. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Bah, I'm not a gear snob. If you dig it that's all that matters. For real. Fuck people who tell you otherwise.

I played with a dude that had 57 guitars...serious gits man..he sucked pretty bad ironically enough

20. IBLEEDGREEN17

nah I'm just wondering... its one of these. I actually have the cash (like 500) to buy a decent guitar but if I got a working one... and Im just learning... why buy another? Do you know anything about these guitars? It was my friend's grandfather's and basically sold it without knowing what its worth or what it isnt.