Guilty

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Cman68, Nov 24, 2021.

1. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

It doesnt work equally for the poor. Maybe you are the brainwashed one. Also if you recall the murderers weren't even going to be tried until local news got the footage.

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Indeed! The former DA, Jackie Johnson, has been charged after a grand jury decided she must be tried for abuse of office and obstruction of justice for not arresting the killers. She was familiar with Gregory McMichael from his time in local law enforcement. The disposition of her case will be interesting to follow.

barfolomew likes this.
  3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

O.J. Simpson is one of the few rich African Americans to go on trial for a serious crime. At the time he was tried he was probably one of the first rich African-Americans to go on trial in a widely publicized case.

What he proved, and your comment highlighted, is that wealth is one of the biggest indicators of whether a person will be put on trial and then found guilty.

DA's don't take on tough cases. They take on cases they can win and the resources available to the defendant play a large part in those determinations.

African-Americans have gotten the short end of the stick in the Justice system because they are among the poorest defendants as a class. They are joined by poor Whites and poor Hispanics and poor people in general in that category.

barfolomew likes this.
  4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Arbery was futzing around a new construction site. As to his prior criminal history that wasn't admissible, the question is, how was he going to physically burglarize and steal materials? It's laughable.

I'm not saying that Arbery was a model citizen, but the way this was handled was total homeboy cover up horsehit. I hope they all go down.

barfolomew likes this.
  5. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Just to add: Arbery had a history of mental illness on top of it and had supposedly went to the construction site several times. He used to grab and dash at convenience stores and brought a gun to a school. That's going to figure in to their appeal. Good luck with that.

I don't care what anybody says, I am not toting a gun, chasing and cornering someone with a truck and expecting a good result. Whether or not Arbery grabbed at the gun is immaterial. Still shouldn't be dead, and he was shot 3 times.

barfolomew likes this.