Gronk vs Revis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CONN-JET.2.0.3., Mar 28, 2012.

1. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

And I'm sure they appreciate it.

#81 CJLang, Mar 30, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  2. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

He was having a private conversation that some snoopy reporter overheard. It wasn't like he made the comments to the media.

The problem isn't Pats fans having any kind of superiority, it's Jets fans having a huge inferiority complex that makes them take umbrage at any little thing they see as negative about their team.

3. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

Depends on one thing... do they make "Nanny Cams" with tasers built in?

Also meant to say, about Gronk...

Anyone remember the character Moe from Calvin and Hobbes? The school bully?

Every other character's word bubbles were neat, capital letters. His were shaky and lower case.

That's Gronk. But the guy can play ball, so...

4. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Hahahahaha! :rofl:

5. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

i doubt anyone knows more about secret cameras than bill belichick. :cool:

edit: calvin and hobbes is the best comic strip of all time. and it makes me sad to know i have to share it with patriots fans. :sad:

#85 Rawrk, Mar 31, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  6. Jets83

Jets83 Banned

Funny how that works hey?? You can be the worlds biggest douchebag/dumbass/asshole/crimnal/moron but if your famous all is forgiven. Kinda like Michael Jackson........ya i went there

7. DarkKnightXIII

Gronk had more TDs and yards than Graham last year despite having nine less receptions, not to mention that Hernandez was stealing some of the load.

I try to avoid hyperbole, but in his 2nd year Gronk played his position at a level this league has never seen... next season should be fascinating to see unfold.

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This effect is heavily influenced by Tom Brady. Wes Welker was a decent WR in Miami but one of the best slot receivers of all time in New England. Randy Moss unexpectedly has his greatest season at the age of 30 in 2007 after a 3 season decline. Rob Gronkowski puts up record-breaking numbers for a tight end in his second season.

This is an all-time great QB at work in a system he is comfortable with. Give him any real talent to work with and something special is going to come out of it. Ochocinco was 33 last season and on the decline.

When Brady goes all of that Patriot magic is going with him. That's just what it is. Gronkowski is suddenly going to be just a good receiving tight end. Welker will probably flat-out decline and be retired within a couple of seasons.

9. PatsOwnAfc

PatsOwnAfc New Member

I can't speak for other Pats fans but I come here and read cuz your franchise always has something crazy going on and you're our rival. You've got the locker room issues and now Tebow. I never saw that coming. For some reason I thought Rex would change things but in a more conservative way. it's very entertaining. But anyways, I always thought everyone on the Jets had a big mouth except Revis. I always saw him as someone that would never be quoted saying something like "BB is a Jerk". I don't mind. I just didn't see him that way. Did he actually give any examples of things BB has said publicly about the Jets? Cuz I listen to a lot of the pats interviews and other than Brady you don't hear anything out of the locker room.

10. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Thats the media bias for you. You hear that the Jets are trash talkers because they want you to hear that. Do you listen to any Rex Ryan press conferences? Don't think so. He says maybe 2 or 3 things that are taken completely out of context while if Bellifag said the same thing nobody would care. The Jets are trash talkers because the media wants them to be.

P.S. I am sick of typing this over and over. Wish that we could have an auto response for anytime everyone mentions the Jets as trash talkers.

11. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I have to disagree, the Farside was the best comic strip ever.

12. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Thank you. It doesn't fit into the hype the media created if Jets are not classless or trash talkers.

I think everyone including Pats fans agree Bill is a jerk. It doesn't mean he isn't a good coach.
    The one time you can seriously say the Jets were trash talkers was before the 2010 divisional game. Besides that, there isn't much of anything unless you think "I believe we are the best team and I trust our guys" is trash talking.

Also, the big mouth players on the Jets are Cro, Bart, and who else? Bart only came out once with threatening Welker after he made the foot comments. Cro called Brady an asshole so theres that. Besides that, who else said anything?

The one thing that Jets do is, they do not complain when other teams talk against them. They understand if you bring it, you can't complain the shoes on the other foot. Something a lot of teams don't gets or players (Deion Branch).

#92 displacedfan, Apr 1, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  13. patfanken

patfanken Banned

Sorry but you can spin this anyway you want. The Jets themselves created this persona from the moment they chose Rex as HC they knew exactly what they were getting. It was Rex's "style" to let his players talk, so don't blame the media for what comes out of their mouths

Face it, the Jets are nothing but whinny little brothers acting out to get attention away from their 2 big brothers within the division and in their own market. Reap what you sow.

BTW-Bill isn't a jerk. He's only a jerk to the media because he give them NOTHING. Bill doesn't suffer fools and dumb questions and most in the media qualify. He does what's best for his team. and making the media's job easier is NOT in his job description (nor should it be for any HC). And since there is no group as vengeful and spiteful as the media, its THEY who depict him as a jerk. You'd never hear that kind of description come from any of his players, former players, and coaches, or anyone else who knows him beyond the persona he's built up to shield his team from the media.

But I guess that alright. You're a Jet fan, so Bellichick is a jerk, and I'm a Pats fans, so Rex is a clown.

14. DarkKnightXIII

Gronk and Welker are only good because of Brady. Brady is only good because of Belichick. Belichick is only considered a good coach because of Brady. Brady is only good because Belichick has drafted and coached players like Gronk and Welker for him to throw to. Gronk and Welker are only....

15. displacedfan

Didn't Bill resign on a piece of napkin paper at his introduction to coach a team? Didn't he cheat after the NFL told them to specifically stop what they were doing? Didn't Bill cheat on his wife? Hasn't Bill not joined the NFL coaches association, the only coach not to do so? I don't think he has ever given a reason for this. The media puts Bills as genius, which I think he is. But there are certain things he did that are qualities of a jerk. Could he be a perfectly friendly person, sure, I bet he his, but I don't know him on that level so I won't say that. I have to judge with certain actions that he has done in the public, and from those I make a decision. And I know Bill on local radio calls can be really funny, still doesn't mean he isn't a jerk.

I never said the Jets didn't create it. But the media has played it up to much more than they need to, like the media always does. Has any other team had so much pressure to suspend a player for a DUI before the NFL made a ruling? Has any other team had the quote "I believe we should be the favorites and I believe in my players" comment taken out of context so bad. Do you forget that Rex says that the Pats with Brady/Bill will always have a QB/Coach advantage so the Jets have to win in other areas. Do you ever hear the comments where Rex spends endless amounts of time praising opposing players/coaches because he likes them? Or do you only hear what the media gives you? The one comment or headline taken out of context? I think you look at that if you truly think the media accurately represents the Jets. I even remember an article being once written that the Jets purposefully leaked Sanchez helping a cancer victim story to help bolster the image. The writer called out the Jets for taking advantage of the situation when what happened was someone actually got in contact with the family and found out about it. You think thats fair coverage?

Where in the world do see the Jets whining? Some fans sure, but the actual organization no. If you want to find some quotes of the Jets players or coaches whining, sure bring it up because I don't remember any. If you want to say the fans whine, sure, but again I can find whiners, conspiracy theorists, and homers in every fanbase, especially the Patriots organization who have many fans that think Goodell cuts the Jets favors :rolleyes:

And you can think whatever you want about Rex. I think Bill is a jerk, but a great coach and a funny guy. I like him and think he is a good for the NFL.

16. patfanken

patfanken Banned

Before I comment, I would like to say that I thought your post was well written and honestly composed. I would, however add a few comments that might not change your position, but might add some insights

17. displacedfan

18. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

Gronkowski would be very good on any team except maybe one with a totally horrible QB. I think he made some great catches last year and made Brady look good (not that he isn't good). Sanchez would look so much better with Gronk on his team.

Maybe it was Brady and the Pats offense that gave Gronk his record breaking season but he'd still be a great TE.

I just hope he doesn't have a sophmore slump. Possible given all the celebrity he's getting going to that thick head of his and upcoming adjustments by D's this year.

#98 PatsFan2003, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  19. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

No way he'll have a sophmore slump... he's going into his 3rd year. Junior slump?

20. displacedfan

He'll have a didn't perform as well compared to the historic numbers this year boston media overreacts slump.