Gronk vs Revis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CONN-JET.2.0.3., Mar 28, 2012.

1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Now you are straight up trolling. How is revis classless?

And revis is better at his position than Gronk at his, but TE has more of an impact during a game than a CB.

2. patfanken

patfanken Banned

Now that IS something to fear. There is a concerted effort on some Pats boards to vote for Gronk's opponent in each round, But I'm afraid. I'm VERY afraid he might win. :wink:

3. DarkKnightXIII

The separation between Revis and the 2nd best CB is probably greater than the separation between Gronk and the 2nd best TE in the game... that said...

In-game impact? You have to go with Gronk...

4. patfanken

patfanken Banned

Well that's what you say now, but its a far cry from, "I don't think Rex should be afraid of Welker anymore. He's slowing down a little and isn't that dynamic with his routes anyway." Either you like him better than your own best receiver, or he's someone "not to be afraid of". Can't have it both ways

Well the Jets "owned" Welker to the tune of about 200 yds in the 2 games. So I guess Revis never covered Welker last season. :rolleyes:

. Of course he didn't see a lot of CB's on him, he's a TE. But on those occasions when teams tried a CB on him, it didn't work well

He is simply the best all round TE in the game. And 18 TDs (he had one swing pass TD that was called a lateral) is remarkable record. Think about it, he's had 27 TDs in his first 2 seasons.

5. Tonetime320

Tonetime320 Member

This is the most uncomfortable thing I have ever seen haha.

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

You are right Let me think about it.. Wow, I dont really give a shit.

I said Gronkowski was good was it really necessary to respond with that? Tell it to someone who gives a shit : Like say maybe a patriots football forum...

7. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Jimmy Graham is a better receiving TE but Gronk is better all around for his blocking ability.

As far as Welker he caught 6 balls for 46 yards and the next game I remember he had 1 70+ play where Revis wasnt covering him. He is a great player but Revis beats him 1v1.

8. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

If you go by the interview, Gronk came off as quicker and more articulate than Revis.

...as far as the "jerk" response and saying his reasons were because of what BB says about the Jets... really? BB does nothing but praise the Jets before they play every time, and he always praises Revis in particular. He also benched his starting WR in a playoff game for poking fun at Rexy.

If he had just said BB comes off as a smug dickhead, that would have made some sense.

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

10. Milliner is your Mommy

11. colleen74

colleen74 Member

That was hysterically awkward. Love them both and of COURSE wish Gronk was a Jet, anyone who says otherwise is an idiot.

12. 21stAmendment

21stAmendment Member

Love Revis' hat. Go Leafs Go.

13. skoobz2001

skoobz2001 Active Member

Landry is going to knock Gronkowski out cold next year. Book it.

Edit: Also, what are all these Pats fans doing on here? Friggin' trolls. I'd rather pluck my nose hairs with needle nose pliers than associate with their fan base on a Patriots forum.

14. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Retchid choice of ballcap.

15. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

The best segment , wow hilarious

16. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

Seriously?

The reaction of Jets fans to that story was nothing short of hysterical. For fans of the team that, by far, talks more than any other in the league, a lot of you are pretty sensitive when it comes to getting any of it back. Christ, Rex telling a NY fan to go eff himself at halftime of that same game was worse than anything Belichick has ever said about your team.

I thought the segment was great though. And I'd love to see Revis in a Pats uniform... can't deny that for a second. He's probably going to be regarded as the all-time best at his position barring injury or some kind of inexplicable drop-off.

EDIT: Btw, Belichick probably is a jerk... most of the players and coaches in the NFL would likely fall into that category at least a little. I don't know why some fans need to pretend that their team is full of super-duper nice guys. They put on good shows for cameras and at charity events and whatnot, but you're talking about men with gigantic egos. Most of them are probably not very down-to-earth, likeable guys in real life.

#76 GoPats, Mar 30, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  17. Milliner is your Mommy

How am I being sensitive? I'm saying if you want to hold your team to such a higher standard of moral superiority you're kidding yourself.

18. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

Never said that. See edit in post above.

I don't care if Belichick is an asshole. He's not babysitting my kids, he's the coach of the football team I root for.

19. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

but if he volunteered to babysit your kids, would you let him?

don't lie! i know you would! :metal:

20. SanityRemoved

SanityRemoved New Member