Greg Zuerlein

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 94Abraham, Sep 29, 2024.

1. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I agree. You can't fire everybody every week. The Jets are having (another) brutal season but its not like the players aren't capable. Just been killed by penalties, bad bounces, in the case of Zeurlein hit uprights, and some pretty rough tackle play which has really been disappointing.

This is probably the most disappointing Jets season I can remember since Vinny Testaverde got hurt right at the beginning of the year 2 decades ago.

2. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

It's so fuckin Jets--you know you don't have a dome and the winds are going to be an issue at times and that's your home field advantage--therefore you MUST have a kicker who understands the currents--Z looks like a guy who's kicking there for the first time dammit.

The old Steelers Heinz field kicker--he couldn't hit a 55 yarder but dammit he could kick in that windy arena inside 40. That was part of their home field advantage.

3. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

He was so good last couple years. He's been off since preseason and maybe I'm too soft but I'd like to give him a little more leeway. Not like his being a good kicker as a fluke the last 2 years. Hes had a long great career

4. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

He hit two uprights in the same game. That can't be easy to do. Give him some credit.

It's so strange how when the Jets hit an upright it bounces out, but when an opposing kicker hits an upright it goes in. It's like there's a curse on the Jets. Wait a minute.....

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  5. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

He missed a XP last night , wide left by a lot, that the refs miraculously counted and no one reviewed.

westiedog1 likes this.
  6. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

He lost two games for us. He should one of the top guys on the list of our demise so far. Life of the Fg kickers. They look good at times and bad at times. I still don’t know why the Jets don’t get a kicker in the draft or free agent draft? With AR and this offense this game is a matter of a FG difference.

NYJetsO12 and teamgreen like this.
  7. Hectorfor3

Hectorfor3 Active Member

Zuerlein might become a larger problem. It seems like once kickers start missing numerous <40 yard kicks they start becoming headcases and it's not so much a physical or talent issue but a mental one. Hope that isn't the case here but it doesn't look good. Greg has been shaky all year even on his makes

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

There's no need to be patient with kickers anymore. If he's missing short field goals, replace him... kickoffs are irrelevant, onsides isn't even a thing, there are more than 32 humans that can make field goals inside 50 yards, just find a new one that can

Borat, Ralebird, NYJetsO12 and 3 others like this.
  9. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

This right here. He lost the game last night. Passes dropped, wr's slipping...it's all bullshit. If the kicker DOES-HIS-JOB the team should win. I had more to say but I'm tired of saying it.

Borat and 94Abraham like this.
  10. impure

impure Well-Known Member

Has this fucking asshole been cut yet?

94Abraham likes this.
  11. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

they should be bring in kickers now....

tomdeb and 94Abraham like this.
  12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This feels like far too much work for our GM and scouts. Their area of expertise is undrafted free agents who don't prove good or bad until everyone is fired.

13. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

What is Douglas waiting for?
    Z badly missed his last 2 fields goals in preseason, and has already costs the team 2 games.
    It is not fair to the rest of players to give this piece of crap another chance to blow another game for us!
    But Douglas will.
    The biggest danger is for a coach or GM to get too close to a player and let sentiment/friendship hide/distort the obvious.
    Stupid me, I actually believed when I went to bed last night that I would read about Z already being cut first thing on Tuesday a.m.
    I knew when he jogged onto the field for his final attempt last night that he would miss.

Borat likes this.