Green Bay fan reaction

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 1969jets, Aug 18, 2008.

1. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

The packers don't play in Iowa. Just because your state priced its own team out of the state, don't it let it cloud your logic. NJ has two football teams in the state. NY has one.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Don't you mean Canada?

3. thejetsaddict

thejetsaddict New Member

they play in a swamp directly on the other side of the bridge, dont act like they pay in Trenton. I dont care if they do play right on the other side of the river, until their name says otherwise they are not a NJ team.

Maybe you should talk to the people in Buffalo too, they dont even consider themselves a NY team. They consider Buffalo its own little state. Then again maybe NY has no teams seeing Buffalo now plays in Toronto. Wow, this is getting confusing huh? How about this

NY has 3 teams
    NJ has 0
    Toronto has 0

Why you try to play semantics with this is baffling. The Jets and Giants are owned by NY until that changes, THE END.

4. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Packers don't play in Iowa. Not a good example.

5. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Actually I think the NYGs offical registered address is in NJ. I think now that the NYJs have departed Hempstead they also will offically be registered in NJ. I would suspect the Buffalo Bills are registered in NY. That would make the scoreboard NJ 2 NY 1 even though both the Giants & Jets have NY in there name

6. thejetsaddict

thejetsaddict New Member

So when the jets moved out of Shea Stadium they were sold to Jersey?

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Are you trying to imply that the state of NY somehow owned the Jets at some point? It's the name of the team.

8. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Woody Johnson owns the Jets, not NY.

9. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

It's a shame it's coming to this (yet again). While I personally believe Favre would've given GB a better shot this year & perhaps a short time beyond, Aaron Rodgers is also a good quarterback.

Aaron Rodgers is not what's wrong with the Green Bay Packers. And at best Favre would just periodically mask what's wrong with the Packers, if he were still there. Just like Favre masked the major problems the Jets have in their last game.

In summation, not only is the Favre vs Rodgers debate irrelevant to this board, but in the final analysis its going to be largely irrelevant to the final fate of the Green Bay Packers this season.

10. thejetsaddict

thejetsaddict New Member

No Im not implying that, Im implying that the owner Owns them in NY and they were not sold to an owner in Jersey or an owner that wants them to be a jersey team.

11. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

The Giants & Jets are NJ teams that have decided that they rather have NY as part of there team names instead of NJ

12. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Taken from Wiki....

Robert Wood Johnson IV (born April 12, 1947 in New Brunswick, New Jersey), nicknamed Woody Johnson, is the owner of the National Football League's New York Jets

:rofl:

13. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Who really cares? The Jets play and practice in NJ, but are under the NY title for marketing reasons. It will probably never change so just deal with it. All that really matters is that they are our favorite football team. :beer:

14. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

Good debate guys.

15. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The Bills are a NEW YORK STATE team, the Jets & Giants are NEW YORK CITY teams. That is completely different. We play in the NYC metro area just like Buffalo plays in the Buffalo metro area in Orchard Park, NY. We play closer to NYC than the Bills do to Buffalo.

16. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Haven't read the entire thread, but I'm with you Winston, it must hurt like hell.
    Despite BF being our QB, and I love him, in my mind he will always be a Packer , even if he won us the big one.

17. Gator

Gator Active Member

If we did win it, somehow the Packer fans that started posting here will tell us we didn't win it. Brett won it. Therefore, they kinda won it.....cuz they're Brett fans and yada yada yada.

18. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I don't think they would say that at all, but even if they did why would you listen?

19. Ray

Ray New Member

No, because Packer fans know better than most, one great player doesn't win a SB. Favre doesn't play defense, special teams.

I think we would say, Brett Favre helped the NY jets win a SB, and we are really happy about that!!!

20. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I wouldn't care what anybody said if we won a SB.