Green and White Scrimmage Question

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by TommyGreen, Jul 23, 2010.

1. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I mentioned this on the board a few days ago, but didn't get any great answers.

Has anyone ever been to the Green and White scrimmage? Do the players sign autographs and talk to the fans before and after?

I want to know if it's worth driving up with friends. Not sure we'd want to drive 8 hours total for just a 1 hour game, then they all head into the locker room.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I went in 2008(days before we traded for Favre) and there were thunderstorms that made them evacuate the stands so we left early but supposedly they were expected to sign after the practice for those that stayed.

3. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Thanks, junc.

4. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Do you know if there's a practice BEFORE the scrimmage?

5. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

I interned with the Jets last TC. There is no practice before hand. Last year, every single player signed autographs after the scrimmage was over.

I will also be there this year, but not interning.

6. cooterhooter

cooterhooter Banned

Last year the scrimmage start was moved up an hour the day of the event. A lot of people were upset by the change and missed some if not all of the event. But those who were there and stayed around were treated to a very long autograph session. So if you are into that type of thing it is very worth it.

7. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

That's awesome.

The girlfriend and I will be making the trek up, so I'm desperately hoping for a nice autograph session after the scrimmage. I always go to these events for the events themselves, but autographs and just seeing your team up close always makes it that much more special.

8. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

So, it would seem this G&W scrimmage is going to be a mob scene. Every hotel I call in the area is booked up. Where's everyone staying? Did you guys call far in advance?

I only waited so long because I figured, "WTH, it's Cortland. Who's going to Cortland just to see the Jets?". The answer, apparently, is everyone.

9. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

Anyone going to be at the scrimmage tonight? I'll be there! If youre going...get there early, it will be packed.

10. cooterhooter

cooterhooter Banned

Apparently attendance was 10,500 for the scrimmage. Welcomed addition to the local economy here in Cortland.