Grading & Opinions of Todd Bowles!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Pags2112, Mar 26, 2017.

?

What Grade Do You Give TB Thus Far?

1. A.

4 vote(s)
    4.6%
  2. A-.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. B+.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. B.

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  5. B-.

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  6. C+.

10 vote(s)
    11.5%
  7. C.

11 vote(s)
    12.6%
  8. C-.

17 vote(s)
    19.5%
  9. D.

19 vote(s)
    21.8%
  10. F.

21 vote(s)
    24.1%
  1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It does look like somebody basically sabotaged the season but I don't think that person was on the management and coaching side.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets signed Mo to that big contract after he had already been benched by Rex for a quarter (maybe a half, I forget) for lateness/missed meetings/missed practices in 2014. I'll bet they'd have lost an arbitration if they tried to actually take any significant amount of money from Mo (enough to make him go to arbitration over it) over a lateness/missed meeting/missed practice last season. He'd have been able to argue that this had happened before and that the issue was not specifically mentioned in his contract and so the Jets were both aware of it and not unduly troubled by it.

Note that Bowles kind of backed that laissez-faire approach to the issue recently at the combine, a major mistake but one that may have been forced by the legal realities in place.

3. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

No matter who the management team is, we are always talking about how stupid the Jets are. I am afraid I can only attribute that to one factor.

4. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

I totally agree with this. And it is sad. This 3 year thing is a slap in the face of the fans. A good administration does not waste years because of some arbitrary number. Firing Bowles would have been the right thing to do and with some timely cuts, would have delivered a necessary message. I spent the first year looking for reasons to like Bowles, despite his many mistakes and his fortunate record. But last year was a complete breakdown,IMHO. He actually made me angry--and I don't get angry. I will say outright that I do not think he possesses the ability to head coach a team. Definitely not t this point in his coaching career. And i resent that my team is probviding him the grounds to prove the point. We started most halves of games last year in a state of confusion. Teams always seemed to come out of the clubhouse mroe ready to play than we were. As much of a buffoon as Rex was, this did not happen ALL the time.

#84 jdon, Apr 5, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  5. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

It's a transition year, and you need a placeholder HC anyway. Might as well use the one you already have.

Imagine replacing Bowles now with some other middle of the road Mr. X.
    And then next off season Sean Payton becomes available, but you can't get him because you need to give Mr. X time to fail before firing him.

Let Bowles try for another year. He will either fail, opening the door for Macc to get who he wants. Or he will get better, giving Macc option to either keep him, or still get someone else.

This is like long jumper making small steps before his run up. None of these miniscule moves matter, you just positioning for what will really be important.

6. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

we do not need a placeholder. Bring in the right guy and let him build from the ground up. Let him put a system in now and develop the young players we have. I do not want to wait for the light bulb to go off above Bowles head.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It was printed that Mac spoke at length with Mo regarding his lateness before signing him to the extension. I would think that he obtained Mo's verbal word that Mo wouldn't continue with being late, or wrote some sort of language into the contract to recoup some $s if Mo was late again. I would love to see the contract to verify. If there is nothing in the contract, then I would think that Mo's word means spit to Mac now, and if Mo screws up again, he will be fined heavily, or he's a goner if he doesn't produce big time in 2017.

8. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Don't care about Bowles and his head. But tell me who is the right guys available now? Gimme a name

I want to wait until next year and get Sean Payton here.