Grade the Jamal Trade

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jul 25, 2020.

?

How would you grade the Jamal trade

1. A

82.8%
  2. B

9.7%
  3. C

4.1%
  4. D

2.1%
  5. F

1.4%
  1. JerzeJets

JerzeJets Active Member

I live in a very diverse and inclusive area where we embrace each other for our differences.

Youre DAMN RIGHT we wouldn't you here.

cval likes this.
  2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Okay. You keep saying you are done but you keep insulting people. Rest a week please and when you come back please try to have an open mind.

Footballgod214 and K'OB like this.
  3. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

My grade went from an A to a D because there will be no college football this year. The #1 draft pick we got just became almost worthless. Without a season the draft will be a guessing game from top to bottom.

4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t drop it down to a D because the straight up value is still fantastic but the reality is the picks we got back are nowhere near as valuable today as they were three weeks ago.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  5. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Why does nobody realize that college football will still be played in the spring?

Falco21 and Footballgod214 like this.
  6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

In time for the NFL draft? I'm confused by the concept of 'spring college football'. What months will they play, and when will the combine, prodays, draft be? thanks.

blackssmagic likes this.
  7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Brook I 'liked' your decision but at the same time I despise the Cancel Culture running rampant. Liberal voices determined to shut down dissenting voices, businesses, bakeries, historic statues, books, college speakers, etc.

I prefer to let idiots like Phil dig their own graves and be driven away/drowned out by a common voice of reason.

But at the same time I get that you have a forum to protect. Fine line I guess!

8. MaximusD163

The draft can be pushed back to June relatively easily. The CBA states June is the latest it can be.

themorey and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Let him do that shit on the politics forum. Hell maybe he’ll even be accepted there. No one wants to hear that kind a garbage in a thread about football. I stand with Brook.

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yeah like @BroadwaySam said - it loses a little bit of value but fortunately everyone's in the same boat. It just makes scouting harder.

11. It’s been specuated D1 teams will play around 8 conference games starting in mid Feb through early April

12. MaximusD163

The traditional college football season lasts about 4.5 months. Shortened, it could be completed with plenty of time before a mid June Draft. Things would be compressed, with a quick turnaround combine, and possibly no pro days. The main fallout of it would actually be players injured in the spring college season. Even the non injured players won’t get a full offseason to recover.

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That's one of the reasons why I don't think there will be a spring season. AFAIK, the SEC, ACC, and Big 12 are still planning on playing this fall.

14. MaximusD163

It’s so up in the air, I don’t know but to me it’s more likely that the fall season is cancelled partway through the year.

15. NCJetsfan

Could be. Hopefully not, but could be.

16. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

A major issue with a spring season is that many of the current top prospects won't risk getting hurt that close to the draft - if they think sitting out won't be held against them it wouldn't be a bad idea not to risk dropping from where they're perceived to be now.

As I've said elsewhere, I think the supposed reduction in value of the picks is overstated. Plenty of players jump up in the draft in their last college season and still crap out in the NFL, and plenty of players drop and end up doing well; a final college season very different from the ones that came before doesn't necessarily mean anything at all one way or the other.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Originally, I would have given this trade a C. Yes, we got two first round picks, but as the saying goes, "a bird in hand...." I feel the Jets didn't properly evaluate Adams worth to the team, no one really did except Adams. You don't stop an opponents passing game with 4 DB's. You stop it by getting pressure on the QB, an ability the Jets severely lacked until Adams showed his talent last season. What made Adams even more frightening was that you could line him up anywhere in the defense which had to be a nightmare for O's to figure out. Will he rush, or won't he, and who do you assign to block him? Kudos to Greg Williams for recognizing Adams talent and putting it to work to make the Jets pass defense respectable last season. Now comes word from Seattle that they don't plan to use him as a pass rusher. Of course, that could be a ruse, but if not, then the Jets basically gave up a safety who is very good at stopping the run (which is not uncommon for a safety) and average in coverage. This makes me feel a bit better about the trade because if he doesn't rush, he won't be utilizing his best talent and that will make his journey to the HOF a lot harder.

18. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

The thing about a spring college season is what will they do in the fall - have another season? Are they going to change college football to spring for good, or will they then wait a 18 months to restart in the following fall? If so why not just cancel this season and get it over with?

You just cant skip and then jam a football season in without mucking things up sooner or later.

19. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

They will def try to cram in football spring and then fall of 2021 IMO.

20. NCJetsfan

I think Adams' ability as a pass rusher is overblown anyway. Most of his sacks came in one game against a team with a worse OL than we had.