Grade the Jamal Trade

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jul 25, 2020.

?

How would you grade the Jamal trade

1. A

82.8%
  2. B

9.7%
  3. C

4.1%
  4. D

2.1%
  5. F

1.4%
  1. GeshJet

GeshJet Active Member

Can you explain please why a 1 & a 3 is worth more on the trade chart than 2 1s & a 3? I realize that a pick in 2020 is worth more than a pick in 2021. But it's still 2 first rounders vs 1.

2. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

Would love to know that as well, and everyone keeps saying the draft is uncertain this year well we can say the same about the season and how it will play out. So those 2021 picks everyone keeps thinking is a late rounder might be middle of the table or better bc of Covid injuries or other teams playing better in a tough division. Oh and players opting out of playing for the year. This was a heist and JD ran away with his hands full.

3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Ok, who voted for a B grade?

And who in the fuck graded this a C?!

NYGANGGREEN likes this.
  4. Falco21

There is one thing that Bell has proven with his public remarks:

There was a severe divide between Adams and the locker room.

We were seeing current players coming out proclaiming their support for Gase and now with Bell saying what he said, I truly believe Adams was bullshitting his way through this entire mess.

I never believed the shit Adams was saying, but a divide in the locker room would not be good right now. Happy to see this isn't the case

5. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

I would have graded this a C or D 9 months ago.

However 9 months and a full term later. The baby dropped and this trade gets a A!

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Points are assigned to each position in the draft. The #1 pick in the draft has the most points. The #2 pick has the second most points, and so on. I don't remember where Dallas was picking, I think it was around #17. But Seattle's 1st round pick will probably be in the low 20s in the 2021 NFL draft and their 3rd round pick will be towards the end of the round as well. Seattle's 1st round pick will likely be in the lower 20s as well, and being another year off, it loses value. It's more the value of a 2nd round pick in 2021. It's one of the quirks of the trade chart. That's why every team doesn't use it.

7. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I don't think it's that deep he's just pissed Adams recruited him only to pack up and leave.

Regardless Adams is a baby fuck that guy.

boozer32 likes this.
  8. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

This sums up Douglas

The Jets got more for Jamal Adams than the Raiders got for Khalil Mack. They got more for Adams than the Jaguars got for Jalen Ramsey. And they certainly got more for Adams than the Texans got for DeAndre Hopkins.

Cman68 likes this.
  9. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Whoever voted the trade a C needs a new team to root for.

boozer32 likes this.
  10. Falco21

I think it is that deep.

He has been bashing this franchise this entire offseason. So much so that other players have come out defending Gase and the organization.

Now he is traded and Bell publicly calls him out and calls him a liar. Then posts an image with Bell and Mosley stating that they only want people who want to be in New York.

It would not shock me if Adams was a cancer in the locker room. He mentioned Gase never addresses the defense during halftime. That's not a view he just developed.

11. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

While I think JD did an amazing job with this haul and it had to be done.

Truth - this trade does not make us better and probably significantly worse on D in 2020.
    This is trade almost certainly will not make us better in 2021.

This trade may seal the deal that Darnold will not have success here.
    Best scenario for Jets was to keep Adams at this year pay, and then fire Gase after a dismal 2020 and extend Jamal. But Adams stupid ass blew any chance of that happening.

Instead we will hold on to Gase 2-3 years too long and the merry go round will continue.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  12. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

They probably couldn't have. Quite simply the Jets will almost certainly be worse this season as a result of the trade. In the future they might be better and come out ahead, but that is all projection until it happens. If we had got a player who improved us in a different area that was a weakness out of the trade and were able to sign a replacent safety with the freed cap space then I might think differently at this point. The haul of picks may not have been quite so good though.

stinkyB likes this.
  13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Covering the other team's receivers hasn't been a problem? McDougald is better in coverage than Adams and can play either SS or FS. Initially, the talk was that Adams and Maye could be interchangeable and opposing teams wouldn't know who was going to cover whom. That didn't happen as much as projected. Now that can. McDougald may be better than Maye in coverage. Add in Davis and our other safeties, and I think we still have one of the best safety groups in the NFL. We have Mosley and Williamson back so an in-the-box SS isn't nearly as important. Getting McDougald was a big part of this trade imo. Not only can he provide solid play for a year or two, but he can help Davis and our other young safeties.

I'm sure the Jets will miss Adams this season. They'll miss some of his playmaking ability at the LOS and his fire and leadership on the field, but Mosley and Williamson can provide some of that and they'll adjust. Greg Williams will adjust his scheme to fit McDougald's talents and he may even be able to do some things that he couldn't do with Adams. I believe in Douglas and I believe in Williams. I think the Jets will be much better than OK in the long run. Those 3 extra early picks over the next two years are going to help Douglas remake our roster. The possibilities are almost unlimited. They could be a new #1 WR, Edge Rusher and starting OG. They could be a new RT, #1 CB, and ILB (after Williamson). Regardless of what Adams does or doesn't do on the field in Seattle, those three picks could make the Jets a lot better than they would have been with Adams here, and not having to listen to his whining and his not causing a distraction for the team any more is priceless. Onwards and upwards, my man!

#93 NCJetsfan, Jul 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    JohnnyJet1222 likes this.
  14. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

don't forgot we got a starting caliber safety too who is loved by the fan base and his teammates in seattle. plus JD drafted davis so it's not like adams is leaving a huge hole and no we have enough picks to fill out a bunch of holes plus with the cap going down very likely having all those young cheap players will be huge

15. ramjets29

ramjets29 Member

Only time will truly tell how this trade should be graded but on the surface it's an A+ in my book. It's a WIN - WIN - WIN

1) We rid ourselves of a me-first malcontent who was ready to rip apart our locker room and was on record as not wanted to be here. At the end of the day it doesn't matter how good the player is - it's about the team and team chemistry - and he clearly brought nothing to the table in that regard. WIN

2) We capitalized on the situation by obtaining an enormous package including TWO first round picks + a third + a solid player capable of filling the void (and yes, I understand there is a drop-off here). We finally have our GM people and I feel great about it! We've all seen first hand what JD is capable of come draft day. While our 2020 draft grade is still TBD in my book I think we can all agree JD's manuevering was a thing of beauty. Imagine what he's capable of doing with more draft capital. Who know's what the extra picks can turn into. WIN

3) No question this trade weakens the roster which will probably equate to less wins. I'm not ready to write off Gase just yet (I don't love him but we can all agree he was dealt a terrible hand last year and kept the team competitive). That said, should this trade result in less wins it makes JD's decision much easier to move on next year and hand pick HIS guy. We would be in a top 5 (maybe 10) position from a salary cap perspective and have significant draft capital upcoming. What coach wouldn't be enticed by that scenario? WIN

16. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

JD getting rid of Adams like

[​IMG]

themorey, MoWilkBeast and twown like this.
  17. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

If the Jets were giving up that kind of capital for a safety that was acting like a malcontent on another team - I'd be mad as hell!

So an easy A from me.

themorey and NCJetsfan like this.
  18. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Just imagine the tension all over the building (and in our stomachs) if we hadn't made this deal now. Every loss we'd have to worry about Adams whining and moaning, to his teammates, the media, twitter, chirping to other teams while negotiations for a monster contract loomed over everything. omg no thank you. Go away, Jamal.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. Yankee6

Yankee6 Well-Known Member

love the trade

#99 Yankee6, Jul 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Curious if Maye actually makes the move to be more in the box. I actually felt Maye was one of the best tacklers on the team in his rookie year. He’s quite instinctive. If anything, there will be more of a split since McDougal can play deep as well.

NCJetsfan likes this.