Grade the Jamal Trade

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jul 25, 2020.

?

How would you grade the Jamal trade

1. A

82.8%
  2. B

9.7%
  3. C

4.1%
  4. D

2.1%
  5. F

1.4%
  1. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

You taking your toys and going home?

2. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

My Jets stream kept freezing so I watched a lot of the Seahawks game with their local announcers.

I can confirm that by the 3rd quarter they were in love with Adams. At one point one of them even joked he would have been worth 4 first rounders.

He was clearly playing with something to prove to his new team/fan base.

That said he wasn't necessarily the best player on their defense. Bobby Wagner is a man among boys. Wagner and Adams worked great together. Between them they were shutting down a lot of plays and working well in tandem at each level. Also Seattle has a decent pass defense overall, better than the Jets ever had alongside Adams, so he is freed up to play all over with them. The point being that he is a great fit in their defense. He is going to play better in Seattle because he has more talent around him.

But it was still a great trade. Strong safety isn't position you build a team around and Adams was going to be too expensive. He gave us picks to build with and that's why we should appreciate him in memory.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. If folks cant see how divisive,selfish,petty & arrogant this POS was from last yr trading deadline onward & dont think that it matters in a team game for a franchise trying to build a culture? They deserve to go root for the team Jamal is on now.Karma is coming for that MFer. Go root for your spoiled brat,primadonna phony somewhere else!!!!

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

He doesn't care. He's already posting on Jets Nation.

5. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

What an absolute weirdo

Savatage likes this.
  6. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Keep politics out please. There's a forum for that. TY

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Well.... Bye!

Savatage, Royal Tee and Jets69 like this.
  8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I think I need to make a SLIGHT and small apology to Jamal Adams. He knew that Gase was a joke. He knew that the team was set up for failure in 2020 and he did not want to be a part of that. He wants to win. He did all that he possibly could to get out of town (in an unprofessional and embarrassing way) and now he is on a (3-0) Seahawks team while the Jets are the worst team in the NFL at (0-4).

My apology is because I felt he should WANT to turn it around and be a Jet. I felt he should take pride in making the Jets a winner instead of jumping ship.

Now, I have a change of heart because I am watching Sam doing exactly what I would want a player to do, and he is getting murdered for it. So I get it Jamal. I get it. Don't like how you handled it, but I get it.

Royal Tee, Noam, Section 336 and 2 others like this.
  9. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Does Jamal win us that game last night? No. We have to move on and get something for him. Sadly, we just weren't in a position to keep guys like that here. Buy low, sell high, and hope to draft two starters with those picks, maybe 3..granted we have 4 picks.

10. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Actually, if there’s one game this Jamal wins us so far, it’s last night. All it takes is a strip sack or better at stopping the run or letting up a big plays. You underestimate this guys impact and how good he is.

Noam, Section 336 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  11. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

It's alright. We got some draft picks. Those will definitely turn into 24 year old all pros, no doubt.

12. DefenseWinsChampionships

Chances are they'll become crap picks with 0 all pros all while Jamal ends up in the hall of fame. One of the worst trades in Jet history. Seattle fans are crazed over Jamal they absolutely love him.

b.reyes16 likes this.
  13. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Absolutely he does. His impact up front and Maye behind him equals stops and turnovers. The D had been flat and slow. No motivation.
    Hopefully the picks become game changers next year and become part of the future.

Noam and 94Abraham like this.
  14. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Great then we lose Lawrence. We need to buy low sell high sometimes. Get four starters out of this trad e

15. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Relax, you're turning your hypothetical question into reality. Adams is gone and has zero impact on this team going forward. JD has 5 picks in the top 100 as of now. He is very likely to add to that. Multiple teams are going to be forced to move blue chip players for next to nothing this coming off-season. Next season will see a completely different roster.

16. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

It will be like the curse of the Bambino and we will not win a championship for another 80 years.
    Consider it the extension of the Namath selling the Jets soul to the devil, so no need to root for Namath to die anymore.

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He's a part of the worst pass defense through three games in NFL history. I wouldn't make that leap just yet.

Plenty of players end up on bad teams and sometimes for the duration of their careers. That doesn't make Adams reasonable or a better competitor. Joe Thomas made 6/7 All Pro teams on the god awful Browns (at a more important position). Andre Johnson spent 5-6 seasons on a garbage team with no offensive line and as a result no good passer.

Bad teams have good players and sometimes great players. It doesn't give them the right to act like jerkoffs. Be apart of the change or ship them out.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  18. Section 336

My comment was more tongue in cheek. I already know the Jets are not going to win another Super Bowl in my lifetime just taking a jab who think they will once Joe Willie goes.
    Adams was part of one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL here as well, but was the only bright spot and even then it was more for his play in the box then coverage.

In his defense - last week he was out of the game when the real meltdown started happening.

19. Section 336

I also in no way think after the shit he pulled there was any way for him to stay a Jet.