Good article on QB scouting process and how we chose Wilson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, May 3, 2021.

1. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

yeah that makes sense GAC....

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Baby face, doesn't look broad in the shoulders particularly. Put him next to his Old Man and he looks a bit shorter and nowhere near as wide. It's a scale thing. And Stafford's a good comp. Same height but a little lighter and narrower around the shoulders. That will likely change though, unlike his height. No one has concerns about Stafford's size.

NCJetsfan and legler82 like this.
  3. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

You are short changing the weight on some of these guys.

Official NFL Combine Measuments:

Deshaun Watson 6-2 221 lbs
    Matthew Stafford 6-2 225 lbs
    Derek Carr 6-2 214 lbs

Also how many of these guys had shoulder multiple surgeries coming into the league? Seems to me the combination of frame, injury history and play style is the concern; not just the weight.

jilozzo likes this.
  4. cval

cval Well-Known Member

The kid is all lower body. When you see him next to normal size people he actually looks big. The should injury is reason for concern but Lawrence had the same injury (although not on his throwing shoulder). He will add weight as he matures.

All we can do now is wait and see how he plays. I think the coaching staff will protect him with a strong running game and short passing game. His initial success throwing will be how well he understands NFL windows. I have faith until he proves otherwise. The fact that he is a film junky will help tremendously.

I like players that get better it shows commitment. He started in college at 18 had some setbacks and improved. The kid has talent and I have faith for now. Enough of the criticizing what he did of did not do in school. He is now in the NFL and we can critique him on his play with the Jets.

I just hope you will not be on here criticizing every bad pass because there will be some. Give the kid a chance support him.and let's see how he does. If he ends up sucking I will eat crow and you can come in this board with I told you so.

#44 cval, May 6, 2021
    Last edited: May 6, 2021
  5. legler82

First of all I wasn’t even criticizing. I presented facts, asked valid questions and raises what I deem reasonable concerns. If you check my post history I’m not much of a criticizer during the season; that’s of players, CS and/or FO. And even if I was; it’s my right. Message boards were built off the backs of fans that needed a forum to bitch and complain about their teams. Wilson has bigger things to worry about than me criticizing him. I would hope the same goes for you.

6. cval

cval Well-Known Member

All negative "facts". You can bitch all you want but you will be called out when you are being bias just as the rest of will. I just ask you give the kid a chance before writing him off.

It is now all about how he plays with the Jets. Not what he did in college.

NCJetsfan and bicketybam like this.
  7. legler82

Negative facts? WTF? Block me or deal with it. This is getting ridiculous. What happened to this board? When did it get so Snuggle soft?

[​IMG]

8. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

It’ll be refreshing to (hopefully) have a QB who can go through progressions.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. legler82

Hopefully, we’ll see. FYI, a lot of young and even some older successful QBs in the NFL are not very good at going through progressions. In the modern game, it’s not as much of a prerequisite as it used to be. That said, it’s still nice to have.

10. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

dude i took you off ignore yesterday and it seems you are still at. to answer this it's splitting hairs. i went with listed weights online. weights fluctuate. it's a few pounds. if your not happy about zach go rot for the bears then.

now the actual thing I want to say. dude for your own mental health, just take a break from the forums. Myself and many others here have lost all respect for you as a poster at this point. it's one thing to like a player and debate for him. it's one thing to not be happy with a draft pick. but what you did is just awful. you threw an epic hissy fit like a child for over a month trolling everyone and you are still going at it. all because the jets didn't pick the player you wanted. You've shown 0 ability to be mature about things and have actual conversations. you tried to ruin everyone's enjoyment of the jets upswing because you weren't happy with it. You are like the kid on the basketball court that gets dunked on so he takes his ball and goes home so nobody can play. It's ridiculous behavior from an adult. You say you trust JD but your actions don't prove it. It's time to take a break and if you are really that unhappy then quit the jets and go root for the bears

11. legler82

I thought I was on ignore. What happened to that? You missed me? Since we are offering each other advice, why don’t you put me back on ignore or GTFOH with this nonsense.

12. GasedAndConfused

exactly proving my point. congrats on the record for the worlds longest hissyfit. you call the board "soft" but you are the one being soft here. zach is a jet. suck it up and accept it or go root for another team. I'll call Guinness so I can get your record on the books

edit:
    since you like gifs so much
    [​IMG]

13. legler82

Counting down to next ignore.

[​IMG]

14. GasedAndConfused

[​IMG]

15. legler82

Be careful with all these gifs, you might “ruin” the thread. :confused:

16. GasedAndConfused

[​IMG]

nah just seeing what lasts longer your hissy fit or the gif's loop. my money is on you though. keep it up

17. legler82

The funny thing is that you are too gased and confused to realize you are the one having the hissy fit. I am enjoying the gifs though. What else you got?

18. GasedAndConfused

[​IMG]

Jets81 and bicketybam like this.
  19. legler82

LOL what future Walmart employee did he just shove there?

20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The bitching about legler is fucking ridiculous guys. He's allowed to bring his opinion into the mix even if you don't like it.

Wilson's size and injury history is a concern. It's not always all sunshine and rainbows at all times just because the franchise seems to look and feel better than it was a year ago.

The constant bitching about his opinion is what is derailing these threads and topics.

Jets81, Fiftynine and MoWilkBeast like this.