Good article about gase from forbes

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Russell Wilson is an elite QB.

2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I disagree but i know many feel that way as far as him being elite. I think he's above average but in no way in the same category as brees, brady, rodgers, mahomes, peyton manning etc. I'd call rivers elite before wilson personally and big ben. Wilson is more in the above average area like matt ryan

3. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

He's No. 2 in QB rating in NFL history. He is one of the all time greats. If you don't see Wilson as an elite QB you don't know what it is. He's flat out great and as someone who has watched him take apart my second favorite teams numerous times, it doesn't please me to say it.

For years I have argued that he isn't elite, I was wrong. The guy is pure magic.

SOJAZ, HomeoftheJets and FJF like this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

again disagree. he's far from it. I'd easily take 10 other Qbs before him. Every WR or TE that goes to that team dies stat wise. he's a good improvisor who won a SB with a redicilous defense and run game which caused him to get overhyped. he hasn't done shit since the run game faltered and the D isn't as strong as it once was. He doesn't will his team to wins in the way a brady or brees does. he doesn't put up stats like a ben. Wilson has a high QB rating becuase 1 thing he is really good at is not turning the ball over. he's safe and careful. He won't lose you a game, but rarely wins you them. And not to mention he threw the game losing INT in the SB or he would have 2 wins. QBR is heavily weighted in TD to INT ratio which is where he kills it. If you look at ESPN total QBR he was ranked 11th last year, 10th in 2017, 15th in 2016. That's where he belongs he's abrely in the top 10. he's good, above average but not elite. the elite QBs will be top 5 pretty much every year. Matt ryan those 3 years was ranked 1st, 5th, and 9th. he's a better QB then wilson and i wouldn't call him elite.

5. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Today Mahomes is the only QB better than him in the NFL. Right now this year there aren't 3 QB's better than RW.

6. GasedAndConfused

If we are talking purely on play this season only 4 games in (which doens't mean jack shit for being an elite QB) he's ranked 4th in total QBR behind mahomes, dak, and daniel jones (lol).
    regardless yeah wilson has been elite 4 games in this year. But he's been in the NFL for 7+ years and hasn't been elite for any length of time. we aren't talking about a 4 game span. If a really good 1st 4 games of a random season made a QB elite. You;d have to add lamaar jackson and dak prescott and nither of them are elite yet. dak has been pretty average and lamaar is too young with too small of a body of work to call elite yet. Even kyle allen, minshew, and brissett are off to a hot start. and all 3 were backups to start the season and only playing due to injury. and minshew is a 6th round rookie

7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I can’t believe this conversation is happening

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  8. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

He's been an elite QB since the day he stepped on the football field as a pro. He's 79 37 and 1 as a starting QB. You have to be an idiot to compare him to Jackson or Prescott.

azhar80 and FJF like this.
  9. GasedAndConfused

he's had a top 3 defense and run game his whole career. he won a SB young with a ridiculous defense probably one of the best in history and marshawn lynch breaking 15 tackles a run. all he had to do was not lose it. which he is good at.

10. Boomboom

Boomboom Active Member

This guy really is confused

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

FJF and Acad23 like this.
  11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Matt Ryan is taller than Russell Wilson.