~'Goliath' rookie Ghoslton hard to miss at minicamp~

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NDmick, Jun 7, 2008.

1. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

See those highlighted sentences? That's called hypocrisy. You can't call Gholston a question because he is rookie, then use ANOTHER rookie McFadden as an example of an NFL level talent. He is just as big a question mark as Gholston at this point, and could be a dud as well. I know he is a Raider and all of their players belong in the HOF, but can we try not to let the shit get too deep?

2. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

Put one of the LBs into the Coverdown/on the fast RB and give him Safetyhelp over the top. Then get after the QB and everything is fine.

3. GriffDog

GriffDog Member

I love that they call him Goliath. It is going to take sometime for Gholston to adapt to everything and really learn the system but I am sure Mangini is going to be all over him to catch up. He is going to be a sick OLB and is going to crush qbs. Also lets not forget about Pace too.

4. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Create a Raiders thread and talk about them there. This is a Gholston thread

5. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Gholston and Pace are going to have trouble matching up in coverage. Expect alot of three man recieving corps. Who picks up that third WR. Rhodes_-Forget about it. Gholston or any of your other Lbs- Forget about it. NOw tell me what do you see happening.

6. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

As is said, put a LB in the Coverdown and with safetyhelp over the top. Then go for the QB and it?ll be fine. Or go with the Nickel.

There aren?t many LBs in this League who can cover WRs and Speedbacks allday long on their own, but it?s not a big thing because they aren?t asked to do so. That?s why a D is a unit and not just 11 one-on-one matchups.

7. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

You're making way too much sense. RaiderJoke won't be able to follow...

8. Murrell2878

9. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Raiders can.
    Again your CBs aren't good enough to get away with that. Look at what you have at CB. I think your safetys are going to have to give some help there against Wrs. . D

You can go to the Nickel. Yes but the offense is getting what they want. Now they can run the football down your throat.

Take this prediction down> Jets are going to have trouble defending against the pass all year.

10. Murrell2878

continue your raiders discussion here. Anything further in this thread will be considered trolling

11. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Tell me what position is easier to make impact his first year at RB or at DE/Olb. Not much to learn at RB. NOw you take the team ,that Rb going to, and sucess they had moving the ball on the ground.

Its pretty easy to do so. Now if Player a(the RB) was going to the 32 rushing offense, than there would be alot more question about how that player would do.

12. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Previous post had nothing to do with Raiders. IT was my opinion why Jedts arte going to have trouble in coverage.

13. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

I don't give a crap how easy it is for a RB to translate into the NFL. I don't give a crap about the team they go to. There have been PLENTY of first round RB busts the past few years.

I will go slowly...McFadden....and...Gholston...are...rookies. Neither have played a down in the NFL and both are just as likely to be busts at this point. To declare McFadden to have NFL talent, but that Gholston has to prove himself, is not only illogical but moronic.

And once again...THIS IS A THREAD ABOUT GHOLSTON GO TO THE JETS/RAIDERS THREAD TO TALK RAIDERS. You have officially entered trolll territory here.

#33 dabrowsk1, Jun 9, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2008
  14. JetsLookingforDWare

RaiderJoe would never post something both illogical and moronic.

He's alot like his team...pretty flawless all around.

15. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

Lets see faderjoe when was the last time da chokeland faders beat The NYJs? The gayarea is a joke when it comes to sports of anything for that matter. I live in cowtown(sactown) WTF came back to help family but like all in cali they always let me down. I Will be back on the right coast hopefully next year.See ya in jokeland. What is the blackhole? Oh no I forgot we are talking about the gayarea,my bad. PS I really really really really can't stand the faders, no apologies.

#35 JETFIGHTERS, Jun 9, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2008
  16. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

No sense in reasoning with savages.

17. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

yes because teams run the nickel against jumbo backfield offenses.

18. Quack

Quack New Member

When you run the nickel, the offense is allowed to have an extra player on the field.

19. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

Was just watching Gholsten get drafted again and forgot about what he said when asked 'what can the New York Jets fans expect from you?' his reply 'A superbowl in a couple years if not this year'. You gotta like that lol

20. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

QB's don't throw completions when laying on their backs, when you go to a 3 WR set your pass protection drops significantly. You get a pass rush and even a poor safety, corner, or LB can cover a much faster receiver for long enough to get to the QB. Just focus on getting to the QB fast and the 3 WR set is useless.