Go on record and rate your top 4 QBS in order

Discussion in 'Draft' started by 88toon, Apr 11, 2018.

1. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

Bump again. Very interesting to read through these 3 years in. So much hope for Darnold back then. And not ust saying this because I rated him #1, but I truly feel that he could have been special with the right coaching and talent around him.

I hope we've learned from the past about doing everything you can to set up a young QB for success......

JetsKickAss and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'll do some thinking about this, but I know that I'll rely heavily on what legler and a couple others here say.

3. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Reading back through that, I wouldn't rely on what many people on here say! @TwoHeadedMonster gets the props for saying the class was more like 99 than 83.

#183 MoWilkBeast, Dec 9, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
    JetsKickAss and Br4d like this.
  4. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

Man, seems like a decade ago I was watching all-snap videos of each of these prospects. Was a fun time and I usually don't dedicate that much time to the draft. I remember how hated Josh Allen was and I was baffled at how people weren't seeing what I was seeing. I still stand by my analysis.

JetsKickAss, NCJetsfan and stinkyB like this.
  5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I'm guilty.... I thought Josh Allen would be Mitch Trubisky.

but I did suggest trading down, grabbing more picks and selecting Lamar Jackson (before they traded with Indy).....But then I wanted Rosen :confused:

Burnz likes this.
  6. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I knew Allen was the real deal.. I loved his throwing motion, his arm strength and his mobility. I took a lot of heat for it too.. I guess my eye for talent isn’t as bad as NCJet will have you believe

this year my top 6

Lawrence

Jones
    Fields
    Lance
    Trask
    Wilson

#186 Rockinz, Dec 13, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
    Red Menace likes this.
  7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

At this point I only feel confident in saying that my order is:

1. Lawrence.
    2. Wilson
    3. Fields.

I think Wilson and Fields are a little bit similar, more apt to use their legs than Lawrence, but all three are mobile and a running threat when they pull their arm down. But I lean towards Wilson because he reminds me of Mahomes, and also because I don't trust OSU QBs.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

WINNER

9. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I thought Allen would be out of the league in 2 years and if he was on the Jets he likely would be but I give him credit he looks like a completely different QB. He looks really good and on that loaded Bills team he can keep looking good. But, I do think I was right in that Baker was the best of the bunch and that Rosen did not have the maturity to play QB in the NFL.

Either way this QB draft class did not end up that well. Allen is a great kid, hard worker who has improved his game greatly. But likely he will take a step backwards after this career year. Jackson is a phenomenal athlete but not a very good QB. As his injuries mount up his effectiveness likely will decline. Baker can light it up. He is a hard worker and great attitude but he is no sure thing to keep up his level of play. But he likely is the best of the bunch.

#189 Noam, Dec 15, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  10. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

I also believed in Josh Allen ... but what we must understand is he and Jackson are surrounded by good coaching, structure professional teams..The bills and the ravens did A fantastic job of putting talent around these quarterbacks and played to there strengths even Baker has look better with the Browns with the structure that is around him now than last season.... i’m convinced if you put Allen, Jackson, baker on the Jets they would look just as bad as Darnold ....Darnold needs a change of scenery he’ll need to be coached and talent put around him to truly evaluate him.. I know so many of you disagree with me about Darnold...there’s one thing I think we all can agree too ... I wouldn’t let Gase coach a Pop warner football team... this should be the the end of his NFL coaching career ... and I know everyone thinks Trevor Lawrence is going to be the savior but if The Dumb and dumber Johnson brothers don’t get the next coaching hire right and if Douglas misses on these draft picks it’s going to be ground hogs day in jetsville

11. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

I can’t see how anyone could objectively say that Baker has been better than Allen. Allen has better stats, more consistent play, lead his team to more wins, and has been a better leader. I can’t think of any category Baker has been better in. The question is more Allen or Lamar, IMO. Baker can enter that conversation, but he needs to do what he’s doing more consistently before that happens. We’ve seen the ups and downs from him, so the ups aren’t surprising. Can he do this consistently?

Prior to the draft my rankings were:
    Mayfield
    Rosen
    Darnold
    Jackson
    Allen

I was way off.

12. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Lol. Apparently we had one thing in common I guess. :) That was my ranking of QB's pre draft as well. When Jets picked Darnold over Rosen, I wasn't happy. Boy was I wrong. :)

JetsKickAss likes this.
  13. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

I can't find my rankings of these guys....gotta search more back in early-2018. I know I was posting back then...or at least I think I was. :(

Brook! likes this.
  14. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

Can’t find my ranking either. I do know I was very big on Allen. Glad I get to see him compete twice a year at least.

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Mine were :

Mayfield
    Darnold
    Allen
    Rosen

I didn't like Jackson at all. The only one I got right was Rosen being at or near the bottom.

If I had done a rating on them last year, I would have rated them as follows:

Jackson
    Allen

Mayfield

Darnold
    Rosen

This year, I think it has shifted a little:

Jackson/Allen tie
    Mayfield (has moved up)

Moved down:
    Darnold
    Rosen

Brook! likes this.