Giants v.s Eagles Divisonal round

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by EliTheGiant, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

The Ravens are the only AFC North team I can stomach. Fuck the Steelers and to heck with the Bengals. I did like the old Browns, but never cared for the new version. I especially will dislike them now because of Mangini.

The Ravens and Texans are really the only AFC teams that haven't screwed the Jets too badly. The 1998 and 2004 losses to the Ravens ultimately did not affect the Jets playoff seed. The 2000 loss was on Vinny Testaverde. I wasn't mad at the Ravens that day.
    The 2005 and 2007 losses? Who cares. The Jets blew horribly both seasons.

2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Fukk 'em, anyway. Where's that Pepsi?

3. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

that's why I said it should be deleted for LTS's sake.

4. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

both are Birds.

5. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

Told ya so..............:beer:

6. EliTheGiant

EliTheGiant New Member

all right are defense kicked ass and if our offense scored some points we would have won but we are still a great team, the best team and 2007 will be remembered as the year the new york Giants beat tampa, dallas, green bay and the new england patriots in super bowl 42, we also won in 86 and 90 to. proud to be a giants fan forever. LT, Strahan, osi, tuck and all are defense will be back next year and we will work on our offense, eli will be back and jacobs the beast will lead another rusing attack. earth n wind fire next year is new year and the Giants this year despite all the problems have showed there a team to be reckoned with and we will get revnge next year. proud to be a giants fan. / good luck to the rest of the teams except philli.

#486 EliTheGiant, Jan 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  7. EliTheGiant

EliTheGiant New Member

:mad:
    the best quote "we are the New York Giants we travel aruond the world and the country and we wope ass thats what we do now lets do it" MICHAEL STRAHAN

8. Learn To Swim

Learn To Swim 2008 Nightowltom "Best Non-Jets Poster" Award Winn

Somehow doubt that they'll be retaining Jacobs and Ward, with both being free agents.

9. GreenMachine

The future of America. I never knew the rule was "are" when referring to defenses and "our" when referring to offense.

And for the record, the 49ers won the 1990 Super Bowl. the Giants won in 1991.

10. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Whatever. Just know that your starting of this thread is what prevented the Giants from going to the Super Bowl.

Eagles beat the Giants twice at home. Wonder if that's ever happened before.

11. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

Can this be thread of the year or do we have to wait until the 2009 awards?

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

EliTheGiant = Robert Deniro?

13. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

No, the latter came clean and admitted who he was. I'm sure he'd rather just let it die seeing as he owned up a long time ago. And I fell for that ruse, too. What a mope, I'm so gullible; although I wasn't the only one. :lol:

14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I was afraid due to the De Niro debacle that someone could think I was Eli too, but I think its pretty obvious I am not. It would be kind of hard to try to duplicate his posts. No offense Tony.

15. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Actually, it would be rather easy. Complex personalities are hard to mimic, not those of mentally retarded 15 year olds.

16. EliTheGiant

EliTheGiant New Member

you all are funny and yismana retard is a person who says it.

#496 EliTheGiant, Jan 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  17. GreenMachine

Young man, the SB is counted in the year it is played.

And if you truly believed what you just typed you would have said the Giants won the SB in 1985, not 86.

Nobody refers to famous SB teams by the previous year. It is the year they won the SB.

Thus, the 85 Bears or the 69 Jets..

On January 27th, 1991
    , Marv Levy and the Buffalo Bills lost Super Bowl 25 to Bill Parcells' New York Giants, 20-19. Fans at Tampa Stadium in Florida watched Otis Anderson take home Super Bowl Twenty-Five's MVP. Jeff Hostetler completed passes to seven different players including Mark Bevaro, Mark Ingram, and Dave Megget. His lone touchdown went to Stephen Baker. Thurman Thomas had 190 total yards. Jim Kelly found James Lofton and Andre Reed, but couldn't find the end zone. Lawrence Taylor and Pepper Johnson harassed Kelly often. Matt Bahr's kick put the Giants up 20-19 in the fourth. Scott Norwood attempted a 46 yard field goal to win the game as time expired, but the kick sailed wide right.

18. EliTheGiant

EliTheGiant New Member

thanks man i learned something new i apoligize
    that super bowl was wild to what a awsome ending when the bills kicker missed the feild goal. LT and OTTIS ANDESON played kick ass and once agin the defense kick ass. 1986 DEFENSIVE MVP LT

ARE DEFENSE HAS STOPED ELWAY BRADY AND KELLY IN THE SUPER BOWL.

19. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

is this even English?

WOOOOOO

20. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Heaven forbid that I agree with EliTheGiant, but you've contradicted yourself here. The Bears won the Super Bowl on January 26, 1986; they are referred to as the 1985 Bears because that is when the season was. The first Giants Super Bowl team were the 1986 Giants because the regular season was in 1986 (they won the Super Bowl played on January 25, 1987, but no one calls them the 1987 Giants).

Anyone who says that the 1969 Jets were Super Bowl champions is mistaken.