Giants to release Kevin Dockery

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by FriendlyGiantsFan, Mar 2, 2010.

1. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

It's been recently announced that Dockery won't be tendered. This pisses me off more than the English language lets me express because Sinorice f*cking M*ss (his name is profanity to me) has been tendered.

Nevertheless, do you think Dockery would be a good fit for the Jets? His asking price won't be high, and I think he can contribute to the team. He has the skillset to play in the NFL, he's only lacking in the height department (he's 5'8"). He's been used as a #2 CB by the Giants when injury forced him to be, but he typically plays the slot. He was at his best when in Spag's pressure-oriented defense (which is similar in philosophy to what Rex does now). He won't command much money and could be a solid move in rebuilding what, in all likelihood, will be a gutted secondary unit.

2. ........

........ Trolls

He wouldn't really fill our need for a #2 and would likely be our 4th CB. I have to think someone will rate and pay him higher than that.

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Can we have webster instead?

4. skeleton_frames

There's a word in German, at least: schadenfreude.

Oh, no wait. That's the word I think of when I meet a Raiders fan.

Nevermind.

He could be a good fit for the Jets...carve him off some of the money the Jets save by cutting Gas Can Sheppard.

5. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

He has had one good season in his four year career. I'd hold off on that one for now.

Dockery could replace Strickland if he can take the nickel spot away from Lowery. Aside from hat I really do not see much use for him in green and white.

6. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

of course we could, we are cutting 2 corners, one of which is a nickel, and for the love of god he has to be better than drew coleman.

So yeah we can use him, but as it was previously stated, somebody else will probably value him higher, and be able to pay him more than the final 8 rules will allow us.

Why would the Giants tender sinorice Moss?

You guys have Steve Smith, Hakeem Nicks, Mario Manningham, Ramses Barden and Domenik Hixson already in place, why the hell would they want to keep Moss? I mean he sucks major dick to begin with, can he even help on ST?

7. CatoTheElder

They're tendering Moss?
    Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! Do they think someone will trade for him?

8. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

If the Jets don't plan on adding a corner in the draft then he'd be a nice guy to get to have compete with Lowery or be a nickel guy. However, he's too solid of a player not to be on the field somewhere and I'm not sure he'd like the situation the Jets present.

9. FriendlyGiantsFan

Web was injured last year down the stretch, his start to the season was on par with his high level of play in 2008.

I think he could be a solid slot CB, could play #2 in a pinch, and could be used in the 46 role that Eric Smith is used in. Dockery may only be 5'8", but he's stocky at 185 and is a sure tackler in addition to being a pretty good hitter.

10. CatoTheElder

I wouldn't mind the Jets taking a look at him as a backup but I don't want him brought in as anything more than a replacement to Drew Coleman/Lowery's nickel competition.

But, as IJR said, someone else will likely put a higher value on him and offer a higher contract.

11. FriendlyGiantsFan

I dunno about the interest he receives. Don't get me wrong, I think he might actually be the third hottest DB on the market (behind Robinson and Sharper, unless I'm forgetting someone) but his heights is going to strongly discourage anyone from making him more than a nickel.

12. CatoTheElder

If he can beat out Lowery then I wouldn't mind him being on the roster. I think the D is in a great position when Lowery is only the 4th best CB on the roster.

13. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

Dockery could be a good fit on the Jets but he'd probably ask for a lot of money. Sucks though that u guys are tendering Moss......

14. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

As long as he's better then Coleman :rofl:

15. thegoldengod

thegoldengod Active Member

The Jets need 2-3 corners--- He isn't the #2 answer, but letting him compete with whoever we bring in only to be the 2 3 or 4 cb is a good idea.

16. FriendlyGiantsFan

I dunno about the money part, Dockery will be offered more than the vet minimum, but I can't see him being offered big money. He's short and that will peg him as a #3 CB (which is where he plays best anyway) and, as such, should keep his asking price reasonable.