Giants shopping Beckham?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by villano5, Feb 20, 2019.

1. villano5

villano5 New Member

I would agree he comes with baggage, but I think he is less likely to be a problem than A.B. would. And I think it is very important to surround Sam with some top quality pieces. Let him blossom into the QB we need him to be.

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

What makes you say he'd be less of a problem than Brown? He's been ten times more of a problem for the Giants in half as many years.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I never liked him ever. He is a bitch. But he is a dynamic receiver

JDeacon and K'OB like this.
  4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Can we play on this thread now instead?

;)

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

That's fair ... I don't think the Giants changed one bit. The only difference is that they've been poorly managed.

6. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

We should go full Ditka and get Beckham, Brown and Bell. We won't win anything but we'll have a great Madden 20 rating.

7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

You’re overvaluing obj or undervaluing the 3 pick.

8. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I don't think OBJ wants anything to do with NY and the cold east coast.

I think he wants to play out in LA. Or I would imagine Vegas. Maybe Florida.

Trade him to a cold east coast team and you'll get the same bullshit out of him.

9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Why the fck would anyone want Odell Beckham, Headcase at this stage of the game? It's not like he's the only missing piece right now and we have one little hump to get over before we're really going places. No. Just Hell no. It's the same argument I have about Bell. If it was going to push us into a 12-4 season based on the current construct of the team, I would feel differently. We don't know how Krazy Eyes Killa is gonna do on top of it.

Jesus H, you'd think after half a century of waiting that people would find some semblance of patience for the big picture for a couple of more years now that we have Sam Darnold. Signing Bell and/or Beckham is trigger happy reactionary in the here and now IMO. What would either do? Give us a puncher's chance at 8-8? Who gives a shit who the Cheats pilfer. I'm more concerned about what the Jets do as opposed to signing someone just so the Cheats don't. If Gase, Williams, and co. had a year under their belts, the draft went great, we saw stellar kernels of what's to come, that would also be a different story no matter the Jets 2019 record. Go ahead, hate on me. I can take it.

10. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

#6, #37 + OBJ for #3. Nothing less. [I did give OBJ Rd 2 rating. Yes, I was very generous.]

P.S. Yes, I agree he is a headcase. if you want to put that into the basket, maybe you should ask more. As in Rd 2 next year.

Harpua and FJF like this.
  11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

If the Jets traded the #3 overall pick and a 2nd Round Pick for in 2020 for OBJ straight up, it might be the worst trade of all time. The Giants don't have leverage anymore. OBJ is a talented WR but has mental and injury problems and maybe off the field problems too. Not to mention his HUGE contract. If they want to unload him to a team, it would be for a discount, not the other way around with the team overpaying.

FJF likes this.
  12. villano5

villano5 New Member

I value players more than picks. I have seen too many picks not pan out.

13. villano5

villano5 New Member

AB. seems to be coming off the rails. OBJ certainly has his problems but not what Brown had come to.

14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

That’s not how the league runs though.

15. villano5

villano5 New Member

Ludacris! Most teams in football would give the number one pick for obj

The Dark Knight likes this.
  16. My giant friends hypothesized Beckham & a 2nd for #3 acouple weeks ago. I was holding out for #6 & a 3rd in 19.They have yet to bite.

17. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Couldn't disagree more. Odell has been way more of an issue than AB and isn't as good either.

18. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

That is the mindset of someone who does not pay attention to cap numbers or a players history. OBJ is a very good player when on the feild, but he's a problem in the locker room and that contract is a potential albatross for any team to take on.

CotcheryFan and FJF like this.
  19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

For Peter sakes. Just as I said no to AB, double no to OBJ. Not because of talent but because of cost and chemistry. Its time for us to build from the ground up and not throw away picks like confetti. We need a whole slew of talent and we are not going to just buy it all thru free agency. If we really want to help Sam there are a few positions ahead of WR where we have a pressing need. And just about every one here has stated that much. No but hell no to giving away picks....and spare me with excuse the we don't know how to pick in the middle rounds anyhow. If it happens again then this is Mac last year as a GM.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  20. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I'd love that, but we all know the Giants would be insane to accept that offer. At minimum, it would also need a Jets 1st rounder next year, likely more. Maybe throw Robby Anderson and a Jets 3rd in the deal somehow instead, but OBJ for moving 3 spots up in the draft is ridiculous.

And Odell did improve last year as far as maturity goes. I'd take him over Brown 100% of the time. He's much younger and arguably more explosive as well.

#40 Sam Hammer, Feb 20, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    almbleamal likes this.