Giants Rumor

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by AJT73, Mar 1, 2019.

1. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Tony Pauline reports the Giants might make a run at Foles. It makes sense with that offense. Would Eli be released then. That'd be crazy. If the Giants sign Foles Eli probably goes to the Jaguars. Does anyone want to trade up for Haskins then?

2. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Foles could actually improve the Giants quite a bit.
    I'm hoping they stick with Eli, or even better make a trade for Rosen, thus keeping them perpetually futile for years to come.

3. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I agree. Foles would improve that team greatly. Eli is in his last year. If they got Haskins I think they'd be ok. I don't see Rosen as the next best thing. Foles with Shurmur. Good combo. I could see it happen. Be interesting how they handle Eli and that unfolds. It could get ugly but I think both Eli and the Giants will do it in a classy way.

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Not happening. The Eagles wouldn't just let Foles walk to their rival. They had to have information that told them the Redskins and Giants were not interested in Foles or an agreement with Foles himself that he would not go to those teams. Otherwise, they would have tagged him.

5. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Eagles didn’t have the cap room to franchise Foles. He’s free to go wherever his heart desires. With that said I seriously doubt it would be Giants, they will either roll with Eli again or draft a QB or perhaps both.

I’d say Foles is as good as a Jaguar right now.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  6. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

We'll see in a week and a half or so but I heard the Giants were interested in him before this rumor too. It wouldn't shock me. If the Giants did it they'll have to make moves soon to clear up money.

7. The Dark Knight

Yeah, the Jaguars just make too much sense. They were a drive away from the Super Bowl with Bortles a year ago, so definitely a nice landing spot for Foles.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  8. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Like you said the Jaguars make too much sense and probably where he neds up especially with DeFilippo there. That being said if a team like the Giants or Redskins didn't reach out it wouldn't surprise me.

9. The Dark Knight

I was just reading the Cardinals could select Murray at #1 overall. If that happens, then you actually could have the Giants back in the QB game trading for Rosen. I wonder if he would be worth the #6 overall pick? I would say yes. Wonder if the Giants would do it? End up with Barkley and Rosen.

10. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

zero chance Rosen nets the #6 overall.
    He wasn't even valued at that spot last year.

if the Giants made a move for him, I couldn't see it being more than their 2nd rounder, which I think the Cards would take.

I'd love to see it tho. They'd be worse than sticking with Eli, which would make a delicious recipe for a media and organizational circus.

11. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

They could have franchised him, they exercised his $20 million dollar option, which he bought out per his contract, the QB tag will be in the $22 million dollar Range for 2019. Not much of a difference. Think it was a mutual agreement between him and the Franchise.

12. TonyFtLaud

And just think, the Cardinals actually spent the No. 15 pick, a 3rd-round pick (No. 79) and a fifth-round selection (No. 152) to move up for him.

13. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Foles and Rosen now go to the likes of the dolphins giants jags and redskins. It’ll leave two teams looking to trade up for Haskins. I’d prefer we trade w the giants or skins. Giants do we don’t drop back that much or the skins to get a bunch of picks this year and a one next year

14. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

That is why I can't see this happening. I understand the hype with Murray, but it's just hype. There is no way to know whether his game works on the next level. They already invested a good amount in Rosen being the guy of the future, and throwing him away after a single season rather than to develop him and build around him is not very smart. The Cards need to either trade down or pick an impact player to improve the team this year.

Trade Rosen and last year's draft was a waste. The highest they get for Rosen at this point is a 2nd, maybe a late first if they are lucky. It doesn't make sense to move him from a business perspective.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  15. TonyFtLaud

I completely agree with you.
    That's the kind of move that ends the GM and HC Careers if Murray doesn't turn out

16. TonyFtLaud

Haskins looked good today. He met with the Raiders, Jags and Redskins. Hopefully no one trades up to 2 for him, but then we have the pick of edge defenders and there could be a team who wants to move up for one of them too. Going to have to see how Free agency plays out, who hits the market and who signs where.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  17. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

The Giants rumor I heard was—and I don’t believe it- is the 6 and Sterling Shepard and possibly another pick to the Jets for the 3.

I’d do it.

But the Jets and Giants are never trading.

18. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I think Foles & the Eagles made a agreement that he wouldn't sign with a division rival in exchange for the Eagles not using the franchise tag on him as was being rumored.

With the rumor that the Raiders are shopping Carr at the combine (good luck getting someone to take on that awful contract) Foles to Oakland makes a lotta sense where he'd become Gruden's new age Gannon-type veteran QB.

19. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I love this time of year w all the speculation. If the raiders could trade Carr to the jags or raiders it makes a ton of sense. Add in a trade for Antonio Brown and the raiders offense would be much better

20. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Gruden knows what he's doing.

Him & Mayock will bring that team back to where they were in the early 2000s.

And I frickin' hate the Raiders.