Giants' Leonard Williams wants top-tier contract extension in 2020, will walk if he doesn't get it

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by WarriorRB28, Dec 14, 2019.

1. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

The latest reports I've read say the scrub thinks he's worth $15 million per year he views himself as a elite defender.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEEEEAAAAAASE let him hit the open market so we can find out once and for all what his value really is.

To think that a scrub coming off two straight horrible seasons a 0.5 sack disaster in 2019 has any kind of leverage in a negotiation where he's asking for that type of cash to me is insanity.

Prescott too. Reports say he turned down a Dallas offer that would've paid him $33 million per year wow. He thinks he's gonna cash in in a offseason where Brady, Brees, Rivers could all be available? Newton could be available too.

2. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I don't know what's more amusing. The fact that you're still obsessed with Leo or the fact that you had to bring up Prescott in this thread.

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Thoughts @6-10 once again ?

4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

MoWilkBeast and FJF like this.
  5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Pretty sure it's a body part on the other side

MoWilkBeast and FJF like this.
  6. WarriorRB28

Jeez what a @ss kisser. He couldn't find a former Jet or Giant to learn from? He had to go kiss Patriots @ss eh? He calls Seymoure the goat PFFFFT!!

Or it could be a early sign of where he hopes to sign this offseason.

I suspected this guy would end up there. Belichick has a history of taking guys that don't do anything with other teams turning them into good players on his team and Williams might be desperate to turn around his failing career.

He'll have to work there though hard and the Patriots aren't giving him anything close to $15 million per year that's for sure.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/16/giants-leonard-williams-seeking-career-help-from-richard-seymour/

#46 WarriorRB28, Feb 17, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

[​IMG]

CBG likes this.
  8. WarriorRB28

9. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Part of me wants Leo to get tagged just to see the reaction(s) here.

10. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

If he gets tagged how does the compensation work for us?

11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I believe the tag will give us their 4th

themorey likes this.
  12. WarriorRB28

13. WarriorRB28

My free advice for Dave Gettleman. I'm not a expert on these things I'm just a fan who's watched this guy play many, many, many times and I like to use good old fashioned common sense.

It's the same thing I said the Jets should do last offseason.

The sensible thing to do is to let him hit the open market. I wouldn't use any kind of tag on him not the franchise tag or the transition tag. He'll be lucky to get half of what the franchise tag number is on the open market JMO.

Those picks are gone forever and ever baby *lovingly pats the Jets bonus third and fourth or fifth round picks* paying him mega money, wishing him to be something he isn't isn't gonna make things better only worse. He should cut his losses with a little luck he could get him back at a fraction of the franchise tag number.

My prediction: The Giants let him walk. Williams signs with New England for a fraction of what the Jets and Giants paid him in 2019.

14. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

Update from Dick:

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-...er-college-bud-joe-douglas-to-revitalize-jets

15. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Nevermind.... pretty sure it's safe to assume No Holes Barred sodomy at this point.....

16. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Leonard Williams is fuckin garbage.

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It'd be nice if the Giants worked out a deal with him and promoted the 2021 pick for us.

I think he has some talent but nowhere near what you'd expect out of the guy the Jets took 6th overall in 2015. It's likely that he'll be a solid starter for somebody for a few years but the odds on him earning a high-value contract are low. He kind of has the same potential at this point that Bryan Thomas had at the same point in his career. The missing element is an Eric Mangini to definitively turn him into a 3T (OLB for Thomas) and let him settle in for some highly productive play.

Some guys you look at and you're just blown away by how good their physical attributes are and you use them wherever you can. Other guys have the same attributes but desperately need to be put in a lane if they're going to have any chance to prosper. Leo Williams is in the latter group. Moving him all over the defensive front to let him try to find a path to the QB has not worked. However he is a good run defender and he gets some real push in the pass rush, which is why he gets all the QB hits, very few flags and very few sacks. That screams 3T over a guard and let him do his thing. From there he's either going to become a very good player or he's going to fill a lane and let others become better around him.

Royal Tee likes this.
  18. WarriorRB28

I ain't buying that.

If the Giants are stupid enough to franchise tag him either as a DE or a DT Leonard Williams would be even dumber to not sign it right away.

Seriously this stuff is out of the twilight zone. I can't believe what I'm reading.

Using a franchise tag on a player coming off two straight S**T seasons, 0.5 sack in 2019 and had to wait until week 17 to get that half a sack? And this player being upset about getting franchise tagged at all? The Giants afraid of there possibly being a "bidding war" for him on the open market?

Royal Tee likes this.
  19. WarriorRB28

The scrub signed the franchise tag.

Now he's expected to file a grievance to be listed as a DE for tag purposes.

0.5 a sack in 2019 ladies & gentleman, didn't get that 0.5 sack until week 17 in 2019. Game changing player, he wrecks gameplans, can't lose him. :rolleyes:

But it would've been absurd to use the franchise tag on Robby Anderson.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...rievance-to-be-listed-as-de-for-tag-purposes/

Royal Tee likes this.
  20. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

This makes Jamal's contract demands look reasonable...

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.