Gholston regressing?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Lord, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

QBs are given 3 years, not unskilled defensive lineman. They either have it or they don't.

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

whats a "break money"

3. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

K not optional

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

So Mario Williams?

5. Don

He was good in his first year, maybe not overall #1 good but still good..oh and he started too. Now he is becoming great.

6. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

The crazy thing is that his play so far has been so unimpressive that if he was a lower pick there is no way he'd even make this team. I'd be lying if I didn't say I thought we'd see at least a few flashes of the potential he displayed in college. Heck, even Bryan Thomas used his speed and blocked a field goal or PAT during his first preseason! Little did I know that would be his lone highlight for the first 3 years...

7. zonebuster413

zonebuster413 Member

At this point, I'll be happy if he out plays Murrell (#94).

8. Don

A lot of GMs were down on Gholston and said he probably wasn't even a top 20 pick. Maybe they were right. Personally I always wanted us to trade up for McFadden or hope he fell to us. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what Tannenbaum wanted too.

9. Johnny4

Johnny4 New Member

He's learning a mew position. I heard Chris Long is having a hard time as well, I'll give 1/2 a season before we can see anything.

10. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

I really wanna know how you can attend a fucking Jets game without violating the the rules of fucking conduct?

Isn't there a Family Section where they can watch Shrek when the kiddies get bored?

First preseason game this little bastard behind me kicked my seat all night, actally reached back and spilled my beer, is this what we have become?

So I texted security, fucking rowdy little bastards, and there was no fake spike. You had to be there in the endzone. now cosidered the Pussy Zone as much of the stadium. I can't believe what we have become, if a camera catches me giving the middle finger to the Dolphins fan who spilled beer on my head but that fat bithches kidd keeps kicking my seat,

Goodbye 40g, hello complacency and tolerance. What the fuck if I was never schooled in the politics of the stadium, you were schooled in taking my fucking money so what is the difference????

I have friends who every word out of their mouths is against the plan, so what is the plan when the NFL has really become a McDonalds meeting?

When are the real fathers going to be able to tell their son's that sometimes it is ok to say What the fuck?

I guess never

Back in the day a 12 pack would go in Big Johns jacket, party all the time, stogies too even though they smell like shit

#30 jets&rushfan, Aug 28, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2008
  11. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I guess the point is, you at least want to see good tackling ect. Not earth shattering plays, but at least that.

12. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

gholstons play is overly discerning... A flash here or there and I think we would all be a lot happier. But he is just flat out awful at this point. As much as you all hated D-rob, he at least was a solid role player for us on the DL. Not the space eater NT we needed, but he was a decent enough NT to be servicable. Gholston showing no flashes makes me worry he may be out of a job in 3 years, not even able to be a role player.

I was afraid of drafting a purely physical specimen, and wanted us to draft a football player with the #6 pick. Unfortunately as somebody pointed out, the board fell the wrong way for us, and we were left with Gholston or a trade down. Well we didnt trade down, all though I would have take the deal the Jags gave baltimore in a freaking heartbeat. but we took Gholston, and now we need his ass to go out there opening week, and show us he is not totally lost every play.

13. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Keller is the better pick right now. Hell Lowery has shown things. Gholston, nothing so far.

14. zonebuster413

zonebuster413 Member

I would buy into the position change challenge if he was asked to play MLB for the Jets. Playing OLB in a 3-4 defense, I hardly consider it as a real change of position. It's not like he's been doing alright rushing the passer but struggling against the pass, he is struggling to do even the most fundamental stuff. He runs like he is winded. Maybe he is out of shape. Probably needs to put down the protein shake and do more cardio.

15. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

He's a bust - lets see if we can get a fifth rounder for him.

16. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Gholston reminds me of Brian Thomas, he might be a JAG in 3 years.

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Weren't there doubts about gholston before the draft? Something about his motivation and taking plays off? Perhaps being overrated????

18. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I didn't see much of Gholston at OSU - just the National Championship game. Based on what I saw in that game he did not look like an elite prospect to me. I sure hope I'm wrong but at this point, I'd sure like to have that #6 pick back.

19. JetTalk

JetTalk New Member

On one play today he was assigned Zone coverage in the right flat area. The RB from Philly was out in this same flat....so what does Gholston do........? Vacates the flat...rushes the QB from 10 yards out, 3 seconds into the play...the guy has NO football mind.

20. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

it is scary that he does not seem to be progressing in any way shape or form. i know after the first game i started seeing some issues and was hoping that i would see progress on those issues. however it appears now that there are more issues than there were then.

i definitely would expect some more competency at this point.