Getting Vaccinated for Covid

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Brook!, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I'm not sure you quite understand what a contradiction is.

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

My point is that my experience is just as valid as your experience. Do you deny that? You're not sure how some of us got by with little or no woes and I stated what I did.

As usual, you decided to respond with a personal attack instead of to the message in my post. And why? Because I called you out on some fake information you had in a political post or two six months to a tear ago. Let it go, big boy, let it go. And Dierking got it right.

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It was more of stating how lucky a lot of you are to not have gotten sick than it was challenging your experience which you obviously took from my post. But you took it the wrong way and followed up with a snarky response as per usual. Be you though dude.

4. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

..based upon anecdotal evidence from friends and family and upon the research regarding side effects, Moderna seems to give more severe side effects than Pfizer or J&J ....UNLESS J&J gives you a blood clot and kills you. I am glad that I got Pfizer. Most of the people I know who have received it seem to have received Pfizer as well. It would be interesting to see a breakdown of just how many people have received Pfizer vis a vis Moderna vis a vis J&J.

blackssmagic likes this.
  5. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I think I might have said this earlier. My doctor said to me that the Pfizer shot is like a 2021 Ferrari - a smooth, finely-tuned machine that might be powerful, but is under control. The Moderna shot is like a 1970 Challenger - a 426 cubic inch monster that overwhelms everything in its path.

6. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I have had 5 family members vaccinated. The ones that got vaxxed later in the day were awake when the most severe symptoms hit. Me and one other got our shots early in the day and we woke up during the night with side effects but went back to sleep and woke up with the worst if it passed. That's all I was trying to say. I'm glad you did y experience any sever side effects, especially at your age. It feels good to be vaccinated!

Ralebird and patleahy like this.
  7. patleahy

^^that was my experience as well, bickety. :)

8. Ralebird

Nothing snarky at all. You may have been paralyzed by the vaccine; I wasn't and posted to offset the notion that the Moderna shots are crippling. You might want to ask yourself why you're so thin-skinned - that's you being you. When I put a "Like" on some of your posts, whether about Covid or football or anything else does it make you crazy or question your own outlook?

#228 Ralebird, May 23, 2021
    Last edited: May 23, 2021
  9. Ralebird

What's with the "age" comments? That's two in one day. Yeah, I know I'm older than most of the guys here but I don't feel old. I don't carry extra weight around and I can do just about anything I ever could, just not as fast. And I never was very quick to begin with.

#229 Ralebird, May 23, 2021
    Last edited: May 23, 2021
  10. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Here's me and my hiking boots doing our civic duty and donating our Covalescent Plasma again in Feb. 2021. 17 mos. out, I still have antibodies (I just got re-tested last week for the 7th time, but unrelated to donation). The NY Blood Center loves me. B Negative, I always say.

[​IMG]

I'm not jumping to get vaccinated. Initially it was because I'm low risk to push up daisies from it and I already had it, then it was because I didn't want to take a vaccine away from someone who critically needed it. Now that there's a huge surplus and it's probably COVID-21 at this point, I'm going to ride it until it's mandated or an indisputable finding beyond critical comes out.

The thing about COVID is that it's Insidious and it's all over the map. That being said . . . "But, but, if you get actively infected again, that day could be your last!" The thing is, I'm not concerned about myself in that regard, I'm far more concerned if I expose and endanger other people. I'm not sold right now that my being vaccinated is going to prevent me from being a huge vector at this stage in the game.

blackssmagic likes this.
  11. patleahy

12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Janice Dean approves this message!

13. FinnishJET

FinnishJET 2023 TGG Double FF Champion

Finally got my first shot today. Absolutely no side effects what so ever, not even a sore arm.
    We've had only 57% of population over 16yo vaccinated as of right now. The problem here has been the availability of vaccines after that AstraZeneca fiasco, that was supposed to be the main vaccine.

patleahy likes this.
  14. patleahy

FinnishJET judging by both your name and your post, I assume you are one of the 2 or 3 Jets fans in Finland?

15. FinnishJET

FinnishJET 2023 TGG Double FF Champion

Your assumption would be correct. I know of one other :D

patleahy likes this.
  16. patleahy

haha Thanks for holding down the fort for TGG in Finland, @FinnishJET ! ;)

FinnishJET likes this.
  17. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

My 14 year old twins got their second shots yesterday. They had no side effects after their first shot but today, one of the twins is showing mid level side effects. Fatigue and fever. Glad we are all vaccinated as a family. Now trip to Turkey on June 25th should be a blast.

18. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Didn't you get stuck in a civil war last time you went to Turkey?

19. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Man. 5 years flew by. Wow. Let me find that thread and read it again.

20. patleahy