Getting Vaccinated for Covid

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Brook!, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I got not one but two underlying conditions.

Diabetes
    Liver disease

Finally I got an appointment. At the hospital. Don’t know if it is Pfizer or Moderna but who cares. I waited long for this. Pretty happy :)

nycarl, papapump, Royal Tee and 6 others like this.
  2. Brook!

Don’t turn this into politcal thread please. Share your vaccine experiences as you get your shots

papapump, Royal Tee, Cman68 and 2 others like this.
  3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I shared this in the coronavirus thread. Got my first shot,Pfizer, 2 1/2 weeks ago. Next one is Monday. Felt no side effects what so ever. Biggest thing is to get your arm loose and keep it mobile the rest of the day.

4. Brook!

Thanks FJF. My next appointment is Feb 17. All good for now. I hope no side effects. Let’s see

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

how are you young bucks eligible? dont you have to be a 1st responder if you aren't like 70

Brook! likes this.
  6. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Good luck.

I got an e-mail from NJ saying I'm eligible but that doesn't make any sense because I still should be phase 1C as my condition (asthma) is not listed yet. Anyway for shits and giggles I went to see appointments and there are none.

Royal Tee and Brook! like this.
  7. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I was supposed to be in some of the first groups since i work at a school but they changed that up and we are back down the list now.
    Fine by me since i am only 56 and have no conditions. I'd rather the older crowd get it first anyway.

8. FJF

Essential worker . I’ve been right next to the virus since it started. Got lucky that the agency I work for was able to get vaccines administered at my campus.

Brook! and BrowningNagle like this.
  9. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Not getting it, I have been able to avoid Covid-19 following protocols.

I’m not anti vaccine, just going to wait a while.

10. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

not for me.....waiting for the "herd".

11. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Same for me as well. Not anti vaccine or anything, just going to wait until we get a little more information on how it can impact people who want to have kids in the near future. I'm way down the list anyways as I'm only 30, but I'm pushing my parents to get it. My entire family got hit with COVID back in April and my mother got it pretty bad, where my father showed no symptoms at all. He is open to getting it, but my mother not so much. Figured it would have been the other way

Red Menace and FJF like this.
  12. FJF

Understandable, for me it’s an economic decision. I make more coming to work than if I’m out using pto because I’m forced to isolate. I get vaccinated I can be active without worrying about being forced to stay home. With kids in school and sports the chance of being called by the tracers is pretty good so this was an easy decision.
    Besides , can’t be any worse than the dozen vaccines the navy gave me, right?

Red Menace likes this.
  13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm still in the question about getting vaccinated in this wave. I've had the opportunity twice now and avoided it both times.

My job presents a mild risk of infection but nothing that can't be managed. My lifestyle is not going to change with the vaccination, I am still going to be hiding from crowds and density in general. I am still going to be avoiding restaurants and theatres like plague houses.

The thing that I am looking for in a vaccine is the ability to visit my dad who is 95, however the current guidance is that the vaccines prevent you from getting covid-19 but do not prevent you from carrying it to somebody else. Nobody says that their vaccine is good enough that it kills the virus before you get a chance to pass it on.

So I am still in wait mode. When somebody comes up with a vaccine that says that 24 hours after the 2nd booster the virus cannot latch a ride on you any more I will likely go for it.

14. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

That's kinda my take as well. Hopefully, all the folks that need it the most get it, and then I'll fall into place somewhere.

Red Menace and dawinner127 like this.
  15. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I got my first shot (Pfizer) this past Sunday. I'll be celebrating Valentine's Day with my second shot. I got it at the NYS site at Aqueduct, my first time there in about 40 years (I've been to Belmont plenty of times in the interim, as well as Saratoga). Everything was organized by the Army, other than the medical stuff itself, so I saw a lot of people in fatigues during the 15 minutes between when I walked in and when I got my shot, including a young woman who told me that this was the first time she had ever seen a racetrack.

All I got was a sore arm. In terms of that, ordering from least painful sore arm to most painful, I would put it flu (have never had any symptoms at all from one) < pneumonia Prevnar < Tdap (I'm a new grandpa) < COVID < shingles Shingrix #1 (pretty bad sore arm) < shingles #2 (bad sore arm, and I felt like crap for a day-and-a-half).

FJF likes this.
  16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

they say the 2nd shot hurts worse. like your shingles#2 category. But that might be Moderna not Pfizer

17. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

congrats on the grandchild

18. Brook!

I was 1 B

Those old ones and other easentials are 1 A

BrowningNagle likes this.
  19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I wonder if Champ got a vaccine already

The Dark Knight likes this.
  20. Brook!

Totally respect this but why the heck our health care person @Dierking liked this message is beyond me. Did I make a mistake? @Dierking you are scaring me man. Why did you like above message? :)

Red Menace likes this.