Get off Chad's back

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Al Dorow, Aug 8, 2008.

1. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

haha this thread has turned into a far more in depth debate than I had ever anticipated it would.

#121 slimjasi, Aug 12, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  2. slimjasi

I agree that Chad signing with the dolphins may have been an affront to the Jets, all I have been saying is that it most certainly was not an UNPROVOKED affront, and should not be seen as some disloyal attack on the Jet fans or their organization. Once Chad was cut (or "fired") by the Jets, he had no obligation to stay loyal to the Jets because they had stopped being loyal to him. Both sides made the right decision from their perspective.

Also, I hate the dolphins more than any team in the history of sports. (although the patriots are coming awfully close to taking their title)

And yes, Chad confirmed the Favre rumor but the bottom line is, as I have already stated, the story broke days earlier and it was taken very seriously (As an example, WFAN's lead sports talk show spent 3 hours of a six hour program dedicated to debating whether the Jets would be wise to trade for favre - this was days before Pennington confirmed that the Packers had contacted the Jets). We are probably just arguing over semantics here but I do not consider that "leaking" anything. Also, common sense told anyone that the story had truth to it (i.e. that the Jets WERE really interested in Favre), because if they weren't, they WOULD HAVE DENIED IT IMMEDIATELY. When both Mangini and Tanny refused to confirm OR DENY the team's interest in Favre, any logical person had to KNOW that they had AT LEAST some passing interest in Brett Favre. There would have been no LOGICAL reason for them not to deny it if it wasn't true. Consequently, it was treated as all but confirmed throughout the media BEFORE Chad confirmed anything. Although, I must say that I see your point about Pennington probably angering the front office by openly talking about his meeting with Tannenbaum. Like I said, we are really just arguing over semantics here.

I forgot about that stupid "privilege" rant. Haha, that was quite pathetic. Look we just have different perspectives on this I guess, but I fail to see anything you have pointed out about Chad as indicative of a "me first" player, at least not WITHIN THE CONTEXT OF, the analysis of his actions as A WHOLE in his time with the New York Jets. Also, this is a pointless debate anyway, because he is the new QB of the Miami dolphins. And he is now our enemy. :finssuck:
    (we certainly agree that the dolphins are the scum of the earth)

Yes, perhaps he lost some grace when he suffered his injuries. However, I think he handled playing with injuries combined with the pressure of playing in NY better than 99.999999999% of players in the NFL do/would have.

Yeah, overall I hear where you are coming from. And you make some very astute points. I just don't see any of them as indicating that Chad is someone who Jet fans shouldn't respect as a guy who gave the Jets' organization everything he had. I think we agree there. So i guess there is nothing more to say.

#122 slimjasi, Aug 12, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  3. slimjasi

Also, I am now announcing my intention to no longer talk about Chad Pennington, unless it is in direct relation to a Jets-Dolphins game, and in that case it will be considered "game thread" material. I will only break from my intention if provoked by an especially irrational comment. (Which, on this board, means that I should be discussing Chad by tomorrow evening at the latest)

4. OhioJetsFan

OhioJetsFan Member

Hahaha... that's a good one. I'm glad Brett has never thrown a game-killing INT in the fourth quarter or later.

</sarcasm>

5. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I wish we could sack ALL Patriots asses off this forum.

6. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Classy Fish Qb there. Heh.