Geno to start vs MIA

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 74, Nov 25, 2013.

1. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again yet expecting a different outcome.

I wish Rex would just stick to defense if he can't make better decisions regarding the rest of the team.

2. 74

74 Well-Known Member

No, I'm not, but clearly all you have left are snide insults because the indisputable fact is that your boy Geno is a horrible quarterback and his performance is going down as one of, if not the, worst seasons a qb has ever had.

3. bigbucks24

bigbucks24 Active Member

What makes you believe that?

4. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

There are only two positions Geno looks comfortable in: the shotgun and sat on the bench.

MM's game plan had better encompass both otherwise we are in for another shit show.

5. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Not to defend Ryan, but wouldn't MM be in his ear constantly if he thought Simms would be a better option at this point?

6. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Perhaps they are both part of the problem.

[​IMG]

7. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

Miami is makeing bad QB's look like super stars this year...just look what the bills PS QB did to them this year...

The Jets - Fins games never turn out like one would expect.

8. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Phins o line Vs our D line

Sent from my wey aye phone using Tapatalk - now Free

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Well, this is certainly gonna help with our draft position in '14. We might wind up with a top 15 pick. At this rate, I hope they start Geno the rest of the season. It's almost the same as tanking. Now all we need is a catchy phrase for this. If they could come with "tank for Teddy", we should be able to come up with something too.

As the saying goes.. "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade." :)

#49 Cman68, Nov 26, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  10. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

At least Rex is consistent. He will ride the broken down horse right into the ditch no matter what. Anybody can be replaced in his eyes except the QB spot. It's like the movie "Groundhog Day", same shit different year.

11. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

The boo birds will be out in force when he hits the field on Sunday

No signature needed

12. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

But who will hear them over all the dolphin fans cheering

13. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

first time all year im not with rex on a decision. this is an awful move. see what simms has. its not like you cant go back to geno if it doesnt work out.

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This may be the first game in NFL history where both teams are getting booed when they are on the field. The Fins spent a lot of money in free agency this year to be where they are. A predictable outcome but fan expectations were set high by all the cash spent.

15. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I'm okay with Geno starting. There is a process with how you handle QB's especially a rookie that you have high hopes for. It's quite understandable why some folks would want to bench Geno. But I feel that you give him 2 or 3 games to see if he can turn things around. If he doesn't then you sit him, I'm almost positive that if Geno stinks again this week he'll be benched.

16. Chappy13

Chappy13 Active Member

He's been awful since the Atlanta game. What makes anyone believe
    he can turn it around against a decent Miami defence?

17. Mitch_Dumstein

Where do you guys sit at Met Life?

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

18. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

I just don't get why the QB always catches the flack every single time this team does bad. It is like people act like the QB single handedly is bringing the entire team down. The way you see every other thread about Geno Smith/Mark Sanchez sans 2013 on this website, you'd think they are destroying the team by themselves. It is ridiculous.

The NY Media and fans gets too crazy with this. The QB is a concern no doubt at this point but there are areas just as bad right now with this team, if not worse that don't get pointed out. I get the QB spot gets all the headlines but we have a shit secondary with a pro bowler last year playing like crap and the 9th overall pick looking lost, a playmaking group that is lousy and an underachieving offensive line. It just sucks that the players on this team get a false belief that the QB is the problem with the team and that their frustration should be solely on one or two guys for the team's lack of success.

19. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

If the fans are stupid enough to boo a rookie into their 12th career start, then they don't deserve a winning product put out on the field. Only this fanbase in sports would boo a rookie. I at least understand with Sanchez, he had an overpaid contract(Not his fault) that held the team down and players who don't play up to what they are making are vulnerable to boos and negativity.....Geno's making chump change compared to plenty of others.

Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder and Brandon Weeden didn't even get booed in their rookie years for crying out loud.

I know we haven't had a quality QB in a while but it is silly to take out all the frustration and anger right now on one player. For the fans going to the game, show support until the boos are warranted(I.E. the team lays a giant egg after the 1st half or if there is awful tackling for a big gain by Miami). Booing after every off throw by Geno or throw away from a sack or him getting sacked is going to do nothing for his growth as a player. God help us all if there are fans chanting "WE WANT SIMMS" after a 3 and out. That would be worthy of getting the circus dub/getting laughed at by the media and fans of other teams.

#59 BakerMaker, Nov 26, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  20. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

you sign for that when you play the most impact position in all of sports, a team can do good with any other piece slacking for example you can have the worst corner in the league or the worst d lineman, but you have the worst QB your chance is 0.