Geno Smith talks Pro Bowl in new height of delusion

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by James Hasty, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Snoopdogg

Snoopdogg Active Member

Seriously, I wonder if the NFL drug test police monitor statements like this and immediately schedule a "random" test within 24 hours? They should...

2. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

What he really said (maybe he was cut short, you know what all players who say stupid things say, "I was misquoted " was: I'm a Pro Bowl Qb for 5 minutes. And I'm working on the other 55 minutes. If he said that you'd have to agree.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yes sometimes during games the other team has the football and Geno Smith does an exceptional job cheering on his teammates and not turning the ball over. I'm not sure we should consider that pro-bowl material though. ;)

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I dunno what's worse. To be thought of as an incompetent fool OR not being taken seriously by anyone when it comes to your profession.

5. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Latter

6. perpetualchange

perpetualchange Active Member

Do you really want to look at Sanchez's gamelog? Saying Sanchez is better than Smith is soooo meaningless. Like arguing over who's better between Blaine Gabbart and Chad Henne.

7. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I made a statement that as BAD as Sanchez was, Geno has been even worse.

Agree or disagree, don't give a shit.

I also don't give a shit about a comparative analysis of Jax shitty QBs.

_

8. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I'm curious what the question was that made Geno even say "pro-bowl." Wow.

He could have at least said it more like this:
    I’ve shown flashes of being a Pro Bowl-caliber quarterback, every quarterback in the NFL does... but overall, I've had a terrible season and I need to improve and become more consistent if I ever want to even dream of being at that level.

9. Snoopdogg

Snoopdogg Active Member

I thought that was Tebow's line?

And no, of course I don't have to agree. That's like saying if you discard all the incompletions and interceptions Geno throws, he is an All-Pro. So for the 5 minutes scattered around the game where he actually threw a completed pass, he is an All-Pro.

But wait, there's more! The average inter-play time in the NFL is about 28 seconds, so Geno would have had to play well for 11 snaps in the game in order to be an All-Pro for 5 minutes. Against San Diego (half), Buffalo (any timescale) and Miami (zzzzz) he didn't even have 10 completions! Even his _best_ game against Denver, if you cherrypick the 10 best completions you end up with something like 10-10 for 130 yards, 2 TD and 0 int. That's a worse performance than Brady, Rodgers, Manning or Rivers have each had in multiple halves of football this year.

#69 Snoopdogg, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  10. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

The problem with that statement is 2 fold. Yes Geno has shown flashes of pro level play (2013 ATL, 2nd Pats game, 1st Bills game, Browns, 2nd Phins game 2014 Raiders, Packers, Broncos, Pats, Vikings) but he hasn't been consistent. And when you've had the career he's had up to this point, I think it's common sense to not say you've shown flashes of playing like a pro bowler, regardless of whether it's true or not.

Secondly people are gonna ignore the context (like they are doing in this thread) and focus on that one thing. The media did this with Milliner as well.

11. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

No doubt. Worst game ever played by a Jets QB.

But, Mark's 10-21, 97 yard, 3 int game against Arizona in 2012 (21.4 rating) was probably number 2. And Mark's 10-29, 119 yard, 5 int game against Buffalo in 2009 (8.3 rating) was probably number 3.

perpetualchange likes this.
  12. perpetualchange

Yeah, Mark is not only king of bad QB play for the NY Jets, but he's also the most consistently bad "starter" QB probably ever.

13. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

you should start watching football.

14. perpetualchange

I don't even post at this forum much and even I know you are the most shameless Mark Sanchez fanboy who has ever existed.

Oldie but goodie:
    [​IMG]

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Is it just me, or have we had a high proportionate of dumb athletes on our team?

16. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

what is the point?

17. max

max Active Member

But is it a waste of time? In my eyes it doesn't make sense to get rid of this guy yet. He has no trade value, but if a coach can turn this kid around and at least give him some trade value or make him a stop gap for a year, why not . . .

How many people gave up on sanchez 2 seasons ago. Now look at him (not so bad). Yes, he's in a better offense with a better coach, but if he was with us now he'd have the best weapons of his career and the best OC he's played under.

Who knows how different it would be.

18. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I don't know guys, I don't think you can teach stupid...It's just imprinted on you

19. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

LOL, Matt Shaub and Cam Newton and Tony Romo are better than Ben Rothleisberger and Brett Favre.

What a stupid list. I could chew up a wooden ruler and shit out more sensible numbers.

_

20. perpetualchange

Haha, no, you actually couldn't. And sure, everyone knows QBR is imperfect. Keep in mind that this list is probably from 2012 or so. If you're going to argue like @nyjunc has that people who think Mark Sanchez is bad don't know football, there's basically no hope anyway.