Geno Smith and the "One Read Offense"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Matt4776

Matt4776 Active Member

I can't believe I actually got suckered into an argument with a pathetic redneck bigoted middle-aged racist.

2. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

Not middle aged im middle twenties, not racist just a realist. Would have no problems with Russel Wilson, or Teddy Bridgewater as my QB. Geno is a thug, i'll stand by that a lot longer than you will care to remember about this conversation.

3. Matt4776

Matt4776 Active Member

You're a realist by saying that a mild-mannered individual that majored in English literature (I.e. not a typical athlete "general studies" major that comes with a free 4.0) with a very high GPA is a "thug" due to the color of his skin? That makes you the furthest thing from a realist.

4. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

This is important. If you looked at the beginning of the season and knew that we had the Raiders..then listed who would be out of should have been out with the Bears and the Lions..saw the way the Patriots are playing...all of a sudden this dreaded start of the schedule would seem a gift from God. The defensive stats are so misleading. Im not saying our front 7 have played badly...they actually have played pretty well.

The secondary? Why does anyone even embarrass themselves defending the secondary and how our GM handled it this offseason. When preseason started, I made the point that certain GMS wouldn't survive that kind of mistake. Having a front 7 that was top 5 in the league perhaps. Having an improved offense (that was my thinking then) to let a season go down the crapper because of that would cost certain GMs their job...but not Idzik..and now looking at the draft and his handling of the CB position...I could be wrong. If I owned the team and had spent such stupid money chasing dreams like Woody has in the past and you, the GM, walked into my office and said "why have you not thanked me for keeping 20 million in your pocket this year" I would have your ass kicked to the door. Im really not sure Idzik, once this draft really seeps into everyones mind, will survive this year.

As crazy as it seems and with his love for Rex, this could be one of the few times history where a coach survives and a GM doesn't. I know..I know...nuts...but think about it.

GoldenShowers likes this.
  5. Chadchrebet

You can have him, keep defending him personally and professionally. Remember him the day that he fell out of round one he blamed everybody and fired his agent, remember the time he got kicked off of the airplane. Yea he's a class act. Typical kid from my generation who thinks he's entitled. He's not civilized.

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Good post. The worst part is going to be when a guy like Wilkerson gets low balled from Idzik or pulls a fast one on him with an offer from another team come contract time. Then all this BS about saving money is out the window. Wasted opportunities...

jaywayne12 likes this.
  7. Matt4776

Matt4776 Active Member

You mean the airline that issued an apology to him for mistakenly kicking him off?

And funny you mention Russell Wilson, the same guy who admitted he was a violent bully that beat the shit out of people. But I guess he married a white girl, so he's fine, right?

But Geno is the thug...

8. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

How racist do you have to be to get a ban on this board? This is only a stones throw away from calling him a monkey... I really don't think it belongs on the board, or anywhere

Just because you grew up somewhere or certain place has a higher population of one race or the other does make you or disprove you of being a racist. How you talk about and categorize people based on their skin color is basically the definition or a racist.
    You're combining Geno Smith as a QB and Geno Smith as a human being. You need to learn where to draw that line.

Geno Smith the QB right now is a struggling Qb at the end of his short leash. Geno Smith the human being is as far as any of you know a normal young adult just like you and I (once were). He screwed up cursing at the fan and has already accounted for it and called it out as a mistake. This wasn't a preconceived blast in twitter or during a press conference , it was on his way into the tunnel after blowing the game for his team and possibly costing himself a job... I have no problem with him not being able to keep his emotions in check there .... And I would rather see some flame then him just cower in a corner...

I keep going back to happy Gilmore in my head "it took all I had just to not punch that "you jackass!" Guy in the face that when bob barker got on his case he lost it ... Similar situation. Hahaha.

Unforunately, He's not the only Jet that's pissed off at this fan base right now and it because of people like you.

Signed,
    A white , 29 year old, born in NJ living in VT, Fan of human rights and equality and the NY Football JETS! ( in that order )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Acad23 likes this.
  9. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

Plus to both of these points, but I think it really comes down to how the next 2 years play out so i don't think idzik goes just yet. If mo gets his extension and we're able to keep the healthier 2 of our 3 RBs and add another couple of weapons on offense during next offseason the "success" will then hinge basically on McDougle and MIlliner playing out as solid cbs. Allen goes to SS Pryor FS and whoever is cheaper out of Walls and Wilson ( for the love of god make it be Walls )

Suddenly this 14' draft and the team looks way more solid on paper and that's only a year away. Granted I put a lot of ifs in there. But you are all acting like we basically have to cut everyone on the team. The foundation is there... It's just whether we can build the house around it before it starts to crumble or gets sold off in chunks.

Basically what it comes down to is overreaction from the media and fan base and the string of losses ( which were mostly expected by people here ) despite the close games and the issue/decision that is coming up at QB has everyone emotional and antsy

Everyone just needs to take a deep breath, if Geno plays better the last 3 games we're 2-1 or 3-0, likely 2-1 Rodgers and Nelson had a field day second half..

I hope the psych wards are ready If we drop the next 3 games and lose to the pats on the end of a 6 game slide. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#149 Ajitator, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  10. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

You're the one who's pathetic. For one, I don't think you've heard him interview. He's a well spoken young man. I'm not gonna take this in the direction I believe it really derives from, because this message board isn't the place for it.

I bet you didn't know he turned down admission from a Fine Arts magnet school in Florida to pursue football, did you? He's a talented artist. All reports indicated coming out of college that he was a smart, humble, hard-working kid. You say don't point to the Wonderlic, but it's a difficult test that he proved his intelligence with. "I know attorneys who have done worse." If that's your defense...I don't know what to tell you...

Argue his play on the field, but not his overall intelligence. He's a smart kid, apparently much more intelligent than you.

11. b.reyes16

It doesn't explain his problems, but it surely doesn't help.

12. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

In light of Watts contract the money we have under the cap, Mo's demands are probably going to be crazy as well they should be. I know I'm committing blasphemy in the eyes of the fan base but I wouldn't be opposed to letting Mo go for the appropriate compensation of draft picks. The major caveat is that I would have to have faith in my GM's drafting ability. Currently, that is not the case.

13. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

Please reference any threads immediately following the 2013 draft in which I discussed Geno and the failings of the Air Raid QBs..........i was preaching this shit for a year and a half. But b/c some of you guys don't actually follow the college game, or even knew who Dana Holgerson was or where he came from or what he ran, you just fell for the whole "he put up big yardsand Kiper had him as a top5 pick in 2012! Big value pick!!"......smfh.

jaywayne12 and Chadchrebet like this.
  14. Chadchrebet

You didnt know it either until you found it on the interwebs about an hour or so ago. Don't come off as if you're the where with all to end all on the intellectual prowess of Geno Smith.

15. GoldenShowers

Are we seriously going to tout the GPA of a football player from West Virginia University? Could there be a more watered down, joke degree in the country?

16. Chadchrebet

Amen.

17. b.reyes16

Any accredited institution is no walk in the park to receive good grades in. It's a lie of work regardless of where you go. This is ignorance at its best.

18. GoldenShowers

LOLOL you clearly don't follow college ball. These kids do not attend class whatsoever, and the worse the school is the easier it is for them to pass through without doing a shred of work. Google Johnny Manziel online classes for starters, and you'll fall down the rabbit hole of dirty little secrets about what FBS ball players actually do in school. Hell, UNC is a top academic institution and they had PRETEND classes! What do you think they pull at a retard school like WVU??

19. b.reyes16

No. I did research on him coming out because I wanted to know what we might be looking at. Your proving your ignorance. You claim he's dumb and that it was evident coming out, yet guy didn't do the research. You're literally the most annoying kind of argument, an ignorant one.

20. b.reyes16

Have you gone to college?