Geno Smith and the "One Read Offense"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Oct 1, 2014.

1. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

You're a fuckin idiot.

2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

What did people think of the offense Sunday? I think MM did a good job abandoning the run at about the right time, understanding it was not working.

Maybe it was just me being hopefully, but I think for most of the throws Geno was going to through more than one read. He definitely had his staredowns. I think the throw to Decker, the one handed one, was one read offense. He wasn't looking anywhere else the whole time. Besides that, I don't think the Denver secondary was able to read his throws or eyes on most of the throws.

Was 100% sure Geno was throwing an INT on that pump fake to one side and screen to the opposite early in the game. Talib probably should have had another pick if not for Decker being a NFL receiver on a throw.

The lack of throws down the field or YAC is concerning from yesterday.

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

It's definitely a 1 read offense at this point. We simplified things to a tee for Geno Smith and I think it's because they want Geno to run more and move the chains, the kid JUST does NOT want to run. Geno couldn't get Kerley the football at all yesterday despite a number of targets. Amaro is going to be a star if we can get someone to get him the ball consistently in good positions, but we need a deep threat and we don't have 1 on the team. We need Amari Cooper on this team. Marty I thought did a good job though, not enough for me to think we can keep this offense the way it is next year.

4. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Geno has over 20 starts and he still doesn't know how to pick up a blitz. Which is a key skill needed for an NFL Qb. I only see him effective as a drop back Qb but he rarely can throw effectively on the run.

5. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Whichever coaches these are should also be on their way out.

"Jets coaches predetermined throws for Geno Smith -NFL.com http://teamstre.am/1GEjVKc"