Geno Smith and the "One Read Offense"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Oct 1, 2014.

1. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

You view them as excuses(Which they're not) yet you take away Geno's TDs(Much like on the pro level) and say Bailey made them happen or should not have had them happen which I don't get. Why do you get the benefit of the doubt in suddenly saying what is an pardon for a player and what isn't?

Why is it that anything Geno does positive in your eyes, its always gotta be some caveat attached to it to stop from giving him full credit? Its always been this way since the guy's been drafted. This isn't just you on the board but something I have noticed in particular. When Geno has a good game, its "Show me again" or "Wow someone stepped up for him big time" or "Did that vs inferior competition".

2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

First of all I have never downplayed Geno's successes and I have given him props for having a gifted arm and the ability to make gorgeous passes. I was in the building in Atlanta when he played one of the best games I've seen a Jet QB play in years. And I sung his praises.

My biggest issue with Geno is what I've seen all along, he doesn't have a high football IQ. My most specific criticism of him is his unawareness of where he is in the field and his inability to protect the ball.

Guess where I saw that first hand? In the driving snow at Yankee Stadium in the Pinstripe Bowl. Safeties, fumbles, strip sacks.

You continue to assert he "outplayed" Nassib and then when you realized how foolish that sounded, you backed off to say he "statistically" outplayed him. Because that's what the newspaper told you.

Which is just as foolish.

You want to tout Geno as the next coming, a franchise QB?

Have at it.

Don't tell me he outplayed Nassib in a football game you didn't even see, then claim it looked as such in the boxscore, then realize how wrong you are then start spouting excuses for why he looked so bad in that game.

You know who ELSE outplayed Geno in that game? Charlie Loeb.

He was Nassib's backup and he didn't play. And HE had a better game than Geno.

Don't put this on me about what you think I think about Geno.

You didn't watch the Pinstripe Bowl, let it go.

He was awful.

_

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm getting pretty good a spotting posts made from cellphones. ^that is one.

4. BobbyGM8000

BobbyGM8000 Active Member

Looks like a grocery list lol

5. JStokes

iPad. I was literally on the bowl whilst I typed it.

I find with posters who can't understand what you are saying, or refuse to do so, it helps to lay rational thoughts out in seriatim so as to allow the reader the ability to see the points in small pieces.

_

6. BobbyGM8000

BobbyGM8000 Active Member

Agreed JStokes. Typing on the bowl is cool

7. abyzmul

The only reason I said it was because I had experienced the list mode where a tiny text window ends up making you believe that you are typing a paragraph.

8. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Fair point about his football IQ but I think that can be improved upon and get better. What I saw out of Geno was the tools in place, just some inconsistency with his accuracy. But I also agree, I don't see him carrying any team like a superstar QB can so if people want that out of Geno, I don't think its happening. I think he's letting the coaching get to this head right now personally and is playing not as loose as he was say vs Oakland or in the final few games of the season when we were basically playoff eliminated. That's a problem. They need to clear his mind and let him just play football and not worry about micromanaging and let the supporting cast do their thing and if they can't, that will get addressed. He gets too cute on the field and misses a read and gamble for another one when its not there or when he forces the ball. Take what's given. He plays with too much going on and it shows.

I said I saw glimpses of the game, don't twist my words around. But since I didn't see all of the game and simply looked at the boxscore 2 years later to debunk a point that someone made about losing to another QB as a means to say that other QB is better than him, I guess I can't hang with you or talk about it with you. How dare me.

Who was asked more to do in the game of the QBs that played? Nassib, Loeb or Geno Smith? Just answer that question and we can back off this peacefully.

9. JStokes

I didn't twist your words around. You said Geno outplayed Nassib. He didn't.

That's irrelevant to who outplayed whom.

I've been peacefully stating my position and pointing out the fallacies in your's.

Let it go.

Why don't you just go argue that Geno outplayed Nassib the year before in 2011 at the Dome? In perfect weather conditions. Oh wait, that didn't happen. Talk about a statistical crushing and the game was even worse.

_

10. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

bud...Im not going to even touch this. This is the biggest bunch of lies I have ever seen. You have me confused with another post...Rex was stupid for building a defense that can stop the run??????? We were talking about the jet relying on the run compared to the pass....what the f? Who are you talking to?

Heres the deal when someone lies...bring up my post and comment 1 by 1 where I even said anything you just posted there. Lie bud...you have me confused with someone else. Get my post and try again.

11. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

Showing up for a Pacific timezone meeting while on eastern time, after you have called a team meeting a few days before as the team leader. Get this guy out of NY.
    Time for a avatar change buddy.

12. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Oh, so last week when you were busy characterizing Geno for us, you quickly got into your DeLorean, visited the future, saw that Geno was going to miss a team meeting, and then came back to warn us that Geno was a "thuggg?" Interesting.

I'll ask the question again, since you are still dodging it:

What specific attribute(s) of Geno Smith prompted you to refer to him as a "thuggg?"

mute likes this.
  13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I believe it was specifically "rural thug".

14. Chadchrebet

Anyone could have told you that more rural thugness was coming from him. Starting from interviews on the cellphone to the incident on the airplane, to speaking in incomplete sentences, to cursing at fans that pay your salary, to missing meetings the day before game. You can take your artistic, braniac, magnet school qb from southwest Florida, and defend him. And I will continue to tell you he is a malcontent, no-good thugggggg. When we get Connor Cook, Bryce Petty or even Mariota (hope not). I'll look out for you.

Mark my words, this won't be the last thing smith does before the season is out.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Can you please explain wtf a rural thug is?

signed rural guy who's never heard the term

16. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Haha, you do that you fucking clown.

Edit: But be careful, because I might be a "thuggg," as well.

17. abyzmul

[​IMG]

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

no idea what that is

19. Chadchrebet

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto