Geno out with broken jaw. Wow. IKE released after altercation.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by skoobz2001, Aug 11, 2015.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

You Westchester gang banger you.

_

2. JStokes

Lol Whut?

You've never heard that story?

Embarrassing

_

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If I have, I've forgotten it. What is it?

4. JStokes

The schmuck got thrown off a fucking jet liner because he was being a dick to the stewardess.

The airline "apologized" for the misunderstanding.

But there was no such misunderstanding.

He was being a dick.

_

rohirrim665 likes this.
  5. NCJetsfan

I think I do vaguely remember that now. Thanks. Evidently he is a dick. Still, it would be to our benefit to develop some value for him, show that he can play in this league, then we can trade him to another team, get something for him, and he can be a dick elsewhere.

6. JStokes

Successful football franchises don't want dicks.

No one is trading anything for them.

There is no developing.

_

rohirrim665 likes this.
  7. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

I'm a blood fool.

8. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Which explains why the Jets let John Riggins leave as a free agent before free agency.

9. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Speaking of dicks... there was that incident of youthful folly too. The cell phone picture, the walking out on draft day, the missed meeting and who knows what shit has never been reported.

The kid is a spoiled meathead.

rohirrim665 and rammagen like this.
  10. AugustWest

AugustWest Active Member

Seriously, what other team in the NFL would trade for Geno Smith?

11. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

before when there there 12 rounds yes you could do that. now with 7 picks sorry that is not happening. Marshal went for a 5th, Geno would be lucky for a 7th. Sorry the more I think about it yuo will never get a pick for the moron because in three yrs he has had three incidents on field and 1 off field issue and 41 turn overs. What team would trade for that

#1391 rammagen, Aug 29, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Gotta keep the best QBs on the roster. Josh Johnson / Matt Flynn aren't better than Geno Smith

13. jetsfan32

jetsfan32 Member

All of you misinformed and biased individuals will be crying for the next man up after you see what Fitzpatrick has to offer in live game situations when we have multiple 3rd down and long plays because the best option will be a draw play. There will be no long balls caught by the offense.

14. rammagen

and less interceptions caught by the defense. yes he can stretch the field but let's not pretend he is great he is just the better (maybe not the best) option. The guy has is not a leader, has 41 turn overs in 2 yrs in 30 game started. But some how it comes down to the above. Sorry but that is way too many turn overs in 30 games. he needs to sit if he is ever going to learn. it is what should have happened 2 yrs and it should have happened last yr.
    You can't live on promise he needs to deliver. The only way he even has the chance after the fight is to do that. Sit watch and learn. Has it occurred to anyone that maybe Geno is not the player you think he is. because he has an arm does not mean he is an nfl starting qb.

#1394 rammagen, Aug 29, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
    ajax likes this.
  15. NCJetsfan

Between the scarcity of QBs in the NFL and the egos of OCs and HCs who think they can turn players around, plenty! I'll bet that even Rex would take him in a NY minute.

16. NCJetsfan

Three incidents on field? What do you mean?

17. rammagen

cursing at the fans, missing the team meeting, the fight while not on the field is locker room related. Should have said player/team related.
    Also if marshal brought a 5th and he had off the field issues but still produced. you are hoping Geno can produce at probowl level to get a 6th

18. NCJetsfan

The points that you're missing (imo) are that one, Geno is a QB and Marshall is a WR. While a very good WR, he's getting long in the tooth, doesn't have a lot of speed and has had more than his share of off field incidents and I believe some incidents in the locker room. There may be a shortage of quality WRs in the NFL, but nothing like the shortage of even average QBs, and QB is THE most important position. WR is not anywhere near the most important position. Geno is also still very young and could potentially (although not very likely) play at an above average level, or maybe even a high level for 10 more years. The worst should be behind him. Think about it, in some ways you can't blame him for acting like a dick. If we were thrown to the wolves the way he was and had the absolute dumbasses that he's had as an OC and HC and had no weapons to work with either, we'd probably be bonkers or acting like petulant dicks too. Unless he's a total dumbass, he has to have learned something from all of this. If nothing else, with Marshall taking Geno under his wing, he certainly should learn from Marshall's experience.

Think about all the lean years we've had at QB. Most Jets fans, and I have to believe most GMs in the same situation would trade for a QB with the arm and athletic ability of Geno even if he is the King of Dicks. With his young age, talent level, the importance of the position, and the scarcity of QBs, I have to believe that someone would trade at least a 4th, maybe even a 3rd or 2nd for Geno, particularly if they have a QB or two go down with injury. Buffalo could be a candidate. So could Phoenix if Carson Palmer goes down with a season-ending injury. Cincy could be a candidate if Dalton suffered a serious injury. I'll bet there are more. I'm sure that Geno has to be better than most of the backups in the NFL.

nycarl likes this.
  19. rammagen

I am not missing that at all if Geno was a quality qb I would agree if anything you may be over valuing Geno. He could have all the talent in the world and we still aren't getting a 5th for him never mind anything higher. Because he has a 10 cent brain. 34 interceptions not all are on him but that is a highlite film of bad plays, throw in the 7 fumbles including the behind the back safety and why would anyone give up a pick for him.

If this was madden where a qb could come in and play yes but this is not. He would need snaps and to learn the offense. While it has been done those qbs had heads on their shoulders something . Geno's choices and behavior would lead many to believe he doesn't have that.
    And no I don't think Geno is better then most back ups in the NFL maybe physically; but once you average his brains in.....

And I blame him for acting completely like a dick because there is something wrong if you can not sympathies with a another player on your own team and supposedly taunt him, that's bad. If I could blame Rex and the OCs I would but read the scouting reports and they warned everyone about his behavior and questioned not his physical ability but his mental aspect and leadership skills. These are skills you learn and show at a young age how to play well with others. And that is the one of his main issues that came to light with the fight and the issue on the airplane.

20. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

He was labeled a Diva before we even drafted him, when he was nothing more than a system product, at the collegiate level.