Geno out with broken jaw. Wow. IKE released after altercation.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by skoobz2001, Aug 11, 2015.

1. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

I never get this heated over the internet but all the people blaming geno for this are some simple ass ignorant and angry individuals .
    How do you know that IK isn't just a crazy fuck that can't use his words like a big boy and has to resort to hitting people to express himself. You all seem to assume that geno must have instigated this just because he's the current scapegoat for and entire organization. By all recent recent reports Geno was struck while in a prone, defenseless, non aggressive position.
    I'm not debating that he called out of the event or even that he may have owed him the money. $600 is fucking trivial to nfl players and IK obviously isn't suited to be mingling with nfl stars if he can't handle his business without throwing hands. It doesn't matter ifhe owed him a million dollars . You don't bring personal beef to your workplace .
    If anyone feels that Geno is at fault because "he shoulda just given IK the money" , then , by your logic, I should be allowed to come break your jaw because you wasted my time reading your bullshit.

2. NYJetster

NYJetster New Member

What strikes me is that Bowles and Revis both said Geno and IK were at fault.

If somebody punches you in the face while you're sat at work minding your own business, your boss is hardly gonna say you're at fault, right?

Reading between the lines it looks a lot like Geno had a hand in fanning the flames that led to the punch.

If that proves to be true, I wouldn't want him anywhere near my team, and I doubt Coach Bowles would either.

Sent from my 709v82_jbla118 using Tapatalk

Longsuffering88 and James Hasty like this.
  3. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

Maybe that's why he didn't guarantee Geno would be the starter automatically when he comes back off the injury.

NYJetster likes this.
  4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I think Geno just put the nail in his own coffin with the Jets if it's true that he provoked IK.

That's just too many dumb fuckin incidents.

june19 likes this.
  5. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

am I too late with this?

[​IMG]

phubbadaman and TNJet like this.
  6. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Heard Geno didn't get surgery tonight and is seeking a 2nd opinion tomorrow. Maybe it's not as bad as we think..

7. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

He's able to talk. Some pople make it sound like his jaw got seperated from his face and he's gonna lay in bed drinking soup out of a straw for the next 3 years while on life support.

JetLifeLo and NYJalltheway like this.
  8. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

You're thinking of Joe Montayna.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  9. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking IK is more pissed over Geno not showing up then the money.

The 1985er and TNJet like this.
  10. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Even if Geno had a good reason not to go to the camp he had given his word to a friend / team mate and blew him off without even a lousy phone call. When tracked down and confronted he agreed to repay the money he had been given for expenses (nothing else was offered or done to make up for the two hours someone wasted waiting on him at the airport or any other inconvenience he caused). He then blows off his friend / team mate for two whole weeks rather than keep his promise to repay him.

After being blown off and ignored not once but twice IK confronts Geno Smith only to be told off in front of the guys in the locker room and to be physically confronted with a finger / hand in his face.

Given the set of circumstances it really doesn't matter whether we are talking about $6 or $60.000 IK over reacted but had every right to feel seriously pissed off. Also, sucker punch seems to indicate that the punch came out of nowhere. I don't think this qualifies as a sucker punch.

TNJet likes this.
  11. James Hasty

If you believe this I have some news for you:

There is no Santa Claus.

There is no Easter Bunny either.

12. James Hasty

Link:

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/8/11/9132557/geno-smith-injury-punch-yikes-ouch-good-job-jets

11 NFL people I'd rather be punched by than the guy who punched Geno Smith
    By Michael Katz@KatzM on Aug 11, 2015, 3:19p

Geno Smith is out six to 10 weeks after being punched by now-former teammate IK Enemkpali.

Jason La Canfora

✔@JasonLaCanfora

Stunning announcement by Jets coach Todd Bowles. Geno Smith 'suckerpunched' by teammate in lockerroom. Out 6-10 weeks. Wowsers

1:30 PM - 11 Aug 2015

Jason La Canfora

✔@JasonLaCanfora

Jets promptly released LK IK Enemkpdi. Don't know much about him but Jets source said: 'he's not the guy you want to be punched by...'

1:36 PM - 11 Aug 2015

"Not the guy you want to be punched by," huh? I am not sure who in the guy is you *would* want to be punched by in professional football -- probably no one! I don't want to be punched at all! -- but here are some guesses:

1. Ryan Lindley

2. Roger Goodell

3. Todd Pinkston

4. Any kicker

5. Any punter who is not Steve Weatherford

6. Mark Sanchez

7. Vikings-era Donovan McNabb

8. Donald Trump wearing a Giants helmet

9. Jason Sehorn

10. Mike Golic within 30 minutes of listening to Frank Caliendo recite Tom Brady's DeflateGate press conference as Morgan Freeman, The Rock and Al Pacino. (His sides will still be hurting and he will be tired.)

11. Cris Carter

Anyway, punching people is bad. Please don't punch anyone.

13. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

The real question in this is why is Geno borrowing 600 dollars from a 6th round pick? Does Geno not have 600 bucks lying around? That doesn't excuse what IKE did, it's inexcusable but I think in the coming days we will find out more to this story than what is being reported right now.

As I said in an earlier post, sucker punch or just a punch to the face if I do that to a co worker (unless of course I am a boxer) I am getting shit canned on the spot, sued and probably arrested. I don't care if this is the NFL taking it into a locker room and blasting a teammate in the face is workplace violence and the Jets absolutely made the right call here. The offender was terminated and he'll possibly have other consequences to deal with.

14. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

The Jets made the right call for sure. However, the IK release is going a bit under the radar. This is a dude everyone hoped would break out this year. He was looking absolutely unstoppable in camp and was becoming one of the Jets' top pure pass rushers.

I say the release goes underrated because popular NFL analysts aren't familiar with the deep Jets roster and probably have never heard of Enemkpali. I heard one analyst say that Geno should have dealt with it because Enemkpali would be gone in 1 week. Enemkpali would have made this roster.

That being said. It's still not a huge loss because Enemkpali is a pure one dimensional pass rusher. He is only a situational player and wouldn't have seen much time even if he performed well on the edge.

I guess my point is, IK is not a major loss, but still more significant than analysts are making it out to be by brushing it off. Regardless, it was absolutely the right decision by Bowles to release IK immediately.

15. NYJetster

NYJetster New Member

If he was a former first round draft pick and Defensive Rookie Of The Year, he'd probably still be on the roster.

James Hasty likes this.
  16. jxc

jxc Active Member

17. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

I don't think that's true. If he had done it off the Jets' facilities, then maybe since it would cause an ongoing investigation. However, the punch occurred in house and all the fact were known.

You don't punch the starting QB and get away with it...no matter who you are. You cannot keep a guy who did that in your locker room. They probably would have taken an extra couple hours to make the move to release him and weigh options (I'll give you that), but that player would undoubtably be gone.

18. NYJetster

NYJetster New Member

So, basically, punching a grown man should carry a greater penalty than, say, endangering the life of a child by drag racing with it on board at 140mph. Oh. Okay.

Sent from my 709v82_jbla118 using Tapatalk

19. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I don't believe that I am.

My reason for saying that they will be fine is this, the QB position is weak with either of those guys behind center, I'm of the opinion that 7-9 or 8-8 is possible with either of them, because of a weaker schedule and an improved roster. A better QB makes this team a 10 to 11 win team.

Addressing the sucker punch, no one should get their jaw broken by another human being, and that in my opinion is the crux of the story.

The jets handled it and are now moving forward in preparation for the season.

The jets now have another average QB behind center who is capable of doing the same thing Geno was doing.

This is not a soap opera, there will not be plot twisting consequences from this, we will not have to stay tuned next week to see what else happens.

The patriots went on with business as usual after one of their players was arrested for murder, they cut him and moved on.

Like I said, the jets will be fine.

20. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

The biggest problem here is we have no idea how Geno is going to come back from this.
    Yes the jaw will heal but what about his body not taking in solid food for up to 2+ months and valuable reps in the new system he wont be getting.
    This is going to be something that may take half the season to recover from.