Geno out with broken jaw. Wow. IKE released after altercation.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by skoobz2001, Aug 11, 2015.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Watched NFL Network all evening and the former players consensus is that letting your starting QB have an argument in the locker room with another player speaks volumes that no one respects Geno Smith or else players would have intervened to break it up.

More strong opinion that Smith is not so innocent since as others have posted here he could have resolved the $ issue weeks ago.

Geno antagonized IK with the finger to the face (what idiot does that to a 300 lb LB?)

Conclusion: Geno is a stupid idiot and IK another player gone rogue for the Jets

2. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

Bull shit Brady is not leader either by your description. And I would agree with that. But this is not about Brady cheating is this?
    This about poor fucking choice made by two idiots that cost one his job and the other his his shot at starting. the only way he starts again this yr is if the qb gets injured. Why because he is now going to miss training camp ad a few games of the season, not be in game shape. Never mind the fact that he wont be in game shape till about week 8 through 10. Depending how the yr goes he may be done as a starter.

FlaJet likes this.
  3. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

My point I am not defending either of them Ik paid his price Geno is as guilty in the cause of this

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

5. NCJetsfan

This is exactly why I have you on permanent ignore. You deserve everything bad that happens to you in life and with the Jets. You're a loser.

Freddy Mondo likes this.
  6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The argument should've went like this with more colorful words:

"HEY MAN YOU MAD AT ME CAUSE I OWE YOU MONEY?"

"Yeah motherfugger gimme my friggain $600."

"Ight."

*writes check*

Absolute morons.

rohirrim665 likes this.
  7. thankyourevis

thankyourevis Active Member

You need your jaw and teeth to eat bro... There is no chance he comes back in 3-4 weeks.. In fact the 6-10 weeks is a joke... His jaw might be healed by then but then its another month minimum to get back in to shape. The problem with a broken jaw is you lose a ton of weight and cant really get enough calories to work out like you need to to be in game shape.

8. NCJetsfan

Great post. They've also shown what a bunch of crass low-lifes they are. They deserve everything bad life throws their way.

9. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

TNJet likes this.
  10. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I guess another silver lining is that IK Enemkpali isn't an impact player. Although some people are skeptical, I firmly believe Todd Bowles when he said that if this had been a starter, he still would have been released. Whoever threw this punch was getting cut from the team, period. I'm just glad it wasn't someone who actually figured to play a prominent role on the team. Can you imagine if we had to cut Snacks or Demario over something like this (not insinuating anything about their characters, just throwing out examples of impact players). It would be a double whammy; out your starting QB and a huge role player.

I will admit; when this story first broke without the name of the assailant, I was very concerned that Sheldon Richardson was the other player involved. Very glad that was not the case.

11. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

i totally don't believe Bowles on that statement.
    if they practiced what they preached, action would be taken against Geno as well as IK. takes two to tango, and it doesn't sit well with me that the entire blame (at least from the organization) was placed solely on IK.

they've also done nothing to Richardson..

12. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

13. NYJFan10

If that was the case I would have suspended Sheldon without pay till the end of time, let the NFLPA fight it out then when his suspension's up cut his ass

14. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I don't think I agree. Bowles himself said "it takes one to punch, it takes two to tango". Bowles made sure to get the full story directly from both players before taking any organizational action. I just don't think he found anything discipline worthy with what Geno did, and I agree with him.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  15. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

According to NFL Network it seems there is a bit more to the story.

Reportedly Geno Smith agreed to show up at the camp and asked IK for $600 to cover his air and hotel expenses.

On the day of the camp, Geno's brother was injured and needed a trip to the hospital.

Geno went to the hospital and no one called IK or his people to let them know.

After someone waited two hours for Geno at the airport they called him and tracked him down by phone to find out where he was (Geno did not notify them that he was not going to show up).

When Geno Smith felt he was getting the silent treatment in training camp, he approached IK to straighten things out and agreed to reimburse him the $600. It seems a couple weeks passed without payment before today's confrontation.

According to Revis (the only Jet that seems to have confirmed witnessing the confrontation so far) both guys were arguing and things escalated very quickly. He did not put all of the blame on IK.

TNJet likes this.
  16. BacktoQueens

using words like 'sucker punch' suggests to me they are completely backing the QB regardless..
    considering there were reports Geno's finger was in his face (an instigating gesture), i find it hard to believe he never saw the punch coming.

17. NYJFan10

It's very possible the NFL's going to suspend him for the year regardless. Sadly I don't think the team's empowered to suspend anyone without pay, only deactivate them or suspend with pay so maybe waiting out league punishment's the best. And Geno might (probably) lose his job over this, I'd hardly call that no consequence.

Seriously I'm at the point where I don't care what the record is, just cleanse all the poision out of this room, I'm tired of us being a joke every single freaking year.

18. thankyourevis

thankyourevis Active Member

Our team is gonna be much improved... Our defense is top 5 minimum... But you seriously dont think that are idiot qb getting his lights punched out cause he cant pay a lb who has voilent tendencies isnt partly on geno? You sirs are delusional. Even revis and bowles have thrown geno under thebus... Geno is an idiot. You sobbing on here like he is some innocent victim doesnt change that

FlaJet likes this.
  19. BacktoQueens

just saw that.
    seems like a real standup guy.

june19 likes this.
  20. NYJFan10

It's entirely possible he had the finger in his face during the argument, then walked away trying to end the discussion and that's when he was sucker punched.